Chappelle's Show

Ep. #106

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 26, 2003 on Comedy Central

• It was decent.

Third World Girls Gone Wild: An infommercial spoofing the Girls Gone Wild videos and replacing attractive girls with women from the third world.

I thought this was a pretty good skit, the idea of making a Girls Gone Wild from a 3rd world country is hilarious.

The Dave Chappelle Story: This sketch spoofed Antwone Fisher.

This skit was alright, it's funny how Dave took a series movie and made it funny.

The Mad Real World: Sketch that put a white guy in house full of black people.

Maybe the funniest sketch to ever air on Chappelle's Show. Everyone in the house wanted to party, he tried to sleep, he worked hard at work everyone else gambled. Dave is so creative and funny.
  • I feel this episode lacked humor except for one skit: "Mad Real World". It was a pretty non-funny show which didn't exactly make me laugh.

7.9
    The show isn't as good as most Chappelle Shows, and I guess I wouldn't reccomend this to many people, except for fans of the series, and people who have seen it before. But for those who have never seen a Chappelle Show before, don't watch this episode first.

The show kicks off when Chappelle notices how the Antwon Fisher story was written by himself, Antwon Fisher. So Dave says how biased he would be if he wrote his own story, and how much he would exaggerate his story. It's a pretty funny skit, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The skit had potential, but it didn't deliver as well. Sure, it made me laugh a bit, but not that much. 7.5/10

The next sketch is relatively the same sketch as the "Ask a black dude" in the previous episode. This time it's "Ask a gay dude". The person they ask is Mario Cantone, the gay guy from Sex in the City. It's an okay sketch, with one funny line and the rest being...stupid. Some of you guys might like it. 7/10

The last sketch is by far the funniest of the others, and it's making fun of the Real World. Dave tells us how there's always one token black guy on the show, with the other 5 being white people. So he then imagines how it would be if it were the other way around, with 1 token white guy, the rest being black. The episode is pretty funny, actually. It kind of gave what I was expecting, with the racial stereotypes coming into play. Many people would love this skit. 9/10

Overall, it wasn't the best episode ever. Dave has definitely come up with funnier episodes, but then again, even the worst of the Chappelle shows are pretty good.
  • "The Mad Real World" - great idea.

One of my roommates brought home a DVD of “Chappelle’s Show” last night. I had never seen the show before, so I sat down to watch for awhile. I didn’t really find it that funny, but I was interested by one particular skit, “The Mad Real World.” Dave has noticed that on MTV’s “The Real World,” there is often just one black roommate in the house. That roommate generally has a breakdown and is kicked off of the show for the safety of the remaining cast. Dave wonders what would happen if things were the other way around and there was only one white roommate. I have a genuine moment of “hey, that’s a really good point,” so I stick around through the episode.
    A naïve, hearty-looking young white man is introduced to his new roommates, “the six craziest black people around,” in “The Mad Real World: Hoboken.” TyRee, Tron, Lisa, Zondra, and Faze Z. proceed to indimidate, mock, and abuse poor Chad. A houseguest named Lysol claims Chad’s bed, everyone sleeps with Chad’s girlfriend, and TyRee stabs Chad’s father. It’s still not all that funny, but there are a few good moments, and the commentary reveals that everyone was smoking actual pot while filming the episode. One can watch nearly the entire skit at the “Chappelle’s Show” website.