Chappelle's Show

Ep. #106

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 26, 2003 on Comedy Central

• I feel this episode lacked humor except for one skit: "Mad Real World". It was a pretty non-funny show which didn't exactly make me laugh.

7.9
    The show isn't as good as most Chappelle Shows, and I guess I wouldn't reccomend this to many people, except for fans of the series, and people who have seen it before. But for those who have never seen a Chappelle Show before, don't watch this episode first.

The show kicks off when Chappelle notices how the Antwon Fisher story was written by himself, Antwon Fisher. So Dave says how biased he would be if he wrote his own story, and how much he would exaggerate his story. It's a pretty funny skit, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The skit had potential, but it didn't deliver as well. Sure, it made me laugh a bit, but not that much. 7.5/10

The next sketch is relatively the same sketch as the "Ask a black dude" in the previous episode. This time it's "Ask a gay dude". The person they ask is Mario Cantone, the gay guy from Sex in the City. It's an okay sketch, with one funny line and the rest being...stupid. Some of you guys might like it. 7/10

The last sketch is by far the funniest of the others, and it's making fun of the Real World. Dave tells us how there's always one token black guy on the show, with the other 5 being white people. So he then imagines how it would be if it were the other way around, with 1 token white guy, the rest being black. The episode is pretty funny, actually. It kind of gave what I was expecting, with the racial stereotypes coming into play. Many people would love this skit. 9/10

Overall, it wasn't the best episode ever. Dave has definitely come up with funnier episodes, but then again, even the worst of the Chappelle shows are pretty good.