Chappelle's Show

Ep. #201

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 21, 2004 on Comedy Central

• Awesome!

One of my favorite episodes! Racial Draft is one of the best sketches Chappelle ever did. The slow motion skit was awesome too. Especially when Dave took a crap in slow motion.

Plus I've gotta mention the best sketch of the night: Samuel Jackson Beer. The best line was: "Yes, they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in h**l!!" Great episode, and I reccommend it.
  • A great show! A best start of a new season! Personal favourite- the last part including the racial draft. Something someone should have thought of by now:)

A great show! The first two parts are awsome, with an accent on the Samuel Jackson part- a real S. J. idea! Very good-hillarious. My favourite though, is the racial draft. Chapelle does have a huge point behind the whole act- the way people label and re-label themselves in terms of race. Definately a good point was Tiger Woods, with his :"goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken"!
  • "It'll get you drunk" Great start to the season, read on...

This is a brilliant season premiere - fast paced and loaded with belly laughs. The show opens strong with a ripper impersonation of Samuel L Jackson, Chappelle sending up Jackson's foul-mouthed demeanour with gusto.

The next set deals with Chappelle's protests against NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg with an amusing montage of his ancestorial line of dissention, it then moves on to campaign ads as Dave runs for congress pitching a health care scam and a plan to stave off teen pregnancy which is drop-dead funny.

The 3rd Set demonstrates that things look better in Slow Motion - the first two skits, In a Laundromat and In a Nightclub are fairly predictable but they're worth sitting through for the punchline in the 3rd skit which accounts for the biggest belly laugh you'll have all week!

The final set is a high concept piece - The Racial Draft, it's more clever than funny - except for the occasional comment from Chappelle the commentator. Also the White commentators' reaction to the OJ Simpson trade is noteworthy, but overall this skit gets by on being controversial and clever rather than LOL funny.

Watch For: The Robot dancing guy who turns up twice.
  • Silly, but in a good way. I am always amazed by how far Dave Chappelle will go. The "Racial Draft" is a must see, but first check out the parody of "Samuel Jackson" beer.

7.7
    The Episode starts out with “Samuel Jackson” the beer. Though I don’t think Chappelle looks much like Samuel L Jackson he sounds just like him. This scene is hilarious to watch. There is even a little bit more of it in the closing credits you can’t miss.

The “Slow Motion” was also a funny little skit. Especially the transformation of Mrs. Kim to the sexier Mrs. Kim. The toilet scene was a bit much, but it was funny that he blew out of his shoes.

The “Racial Draft” was the high-light of the show. Dave Chappelle plays “Tiger Woods” to a “ti”, no pun intended. They do call the “Asian” Chinese a few times, but this scene was well worth starting the season with. EdJ