Chappelle's Show

Ep. #204

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2004 on Comedy Central

• My favorite episode of the season!

I absolutely loved this episode. It was so hilarious, with Charlie Murphy retelling his crazy, Hollywood stories about Rick James. The first time I watched this episode I actually started crying because I was laughing so hard. Chappelle plays a great Rick James, and Rick James himself offers hilarious commentary. There are so many great quotes from this episode, including the classic "I'm Rick James B**ch". The skits are also timed perfectly. In my opinion, this one of the funniest episodes to ever grace television, from this show or any other. I would highly recommend watching this one because it just hilarious.
  • Coca*ne's a hell of a drug

Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories Rick James

so funny

you got 2 watch it.

Charlie Murphy (who also wrote the sketch) retells events of the 1980s, the most popular being the Rick James story with Murphy as himself and Chappelle as James, including incidents such as James slapping Murphy and Murphy retaliating. The sketch is interspersed with present-day scenes of the real Rick James explaining his past behavior, saying, "Coca*ne's a hell of a drug" and babbling incoherently. The sketch spawned one of the show's popular catchphrases, "I'm Rick James, b*tch!", which Chappelle as James repeatedly declares. Being split into parts, it is the longest skit to be featured on the show.

9.5/10
  • it it it it it it it it tit it it it it it tt it iit it t t tit tit a have but am i am not you mom u mother it it it it it it it

blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue
  • best show ever so funny please show it ova and ova again i was the only person that saw it at my house and i need every one to see it cause they dont believe how funny it was please let me know when u put

ilove this show it was the best show ever i never laughed so hard in my life i wish yall would play it again it was hillarious who ever wrtote that show give him a raise he deserves it but any way please let me know when u do. thank you
  • this is by far the best episode of chappelle's show. If you havent seen this episode yet, this is the rick james episode, which features charlie murphy telling a story when he had an incounter with the famous rick james. Very funny, one of the best. Im Ri

thisis by far the best episode of chappelle's show. If you havent seen this episode yet, this is the rick james episode, which features charlie murphy telling a story when he had an in counter with the famous rick james. Very funny, one of the best. Im Rick James bitch!
  • The best skit Of the entire show.

Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories was the funnist thing i have seen on tv since that episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition with those two deft parents. It was just so funny to hear the damn sh*t that they did to each other. And how messed up Rick was that I don\'t even think that Rick knew he was on tv. Or Charlie slapped in the face so hard that it killed what little brain cells he still had left.

I won't ruin it by telling you what happens, but I will just say you haven't lived if you haven't seen at least one sagment of Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories.

Peace
  • This is a classic. One of the best.

Charlie Murphy (who did gain a lot of respect after this episode, at least from me) tells funny stories about a legend; Rick James. Of course this is Chappelle's Show, where people who are parodied, and parodied well, can just pop up in the next scene. Even though stories are not that outrageous (at least nothing unexpected) Chappelle and Murphy sells it well with great performance and smart narration.. Rick James' death after a while this show was shot makes it a great tribute in my opinion; great laughs are much better when remembering someone..
  • "What did the five fingers say to the face?" The best of the show come together.

"SLAP!"

While this is by far the most popular episode, and probably most quoted, this episode is STILL the funniest episode of Chappelle show.

One of the best actors of the first season, Charlie Murphy, (Tyree, from the Mad Real World) was barely in the first couple episodes of episode, the show was decent, but this episode brings up him back for almost the entire episode and it knocks the whole episode up a full notch.

This is a semi true story from Charlie Murphy, with a re-eanctment with Charlie Murphy and Dave Chappelle, as Rick James... and as an added bonus, Rick James has his interviews as all, shortly before he passed.

There is some GREAT lines from both characters, memorable scenes, but most importantly, it's one of the funniest if not THE funniest of the first two seasons, easily up there with Mad Real World, and The Player Hater's ball.

The only true flaw that can be said about the episode is that the first joke of the series is about Kobe and may not age too well, but there's still the prefect mix of hilariry and great story telling.
  • Charlie murphy tells one of his personal hollywood storries. This episode is about Rick james. Charlie tells about seweral of his encounters with the celebrety Rick James. Most of these ending in Charlie having to kick Rick James' ass... xD (really funny)

This must be be the funniest episode og chappelle's show i've ever seen. I laughed really hard throughout the whole episode... Dave chappelle as rick james, does life get better then that?? no...
    Charlie murphy really gets to shine in this and the following episode. This combined with the player haters ball are the two really funny things he has made...

Maybe its just me who has a corny sence of humor, but i've never laughed this hard watching one of the chappelle's show episodes. Maybe you just need to check it out yourself, and find out if im the crazy one for finding it so funny...