Chappelle's Show

Ep. #211 - Greatest Misses

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 31, 2004 on Comedy Central

• 1 good sketch too many bad ones.

Dave Chappelle has ALWAYS been on the edge between good taste and bad taste.. and he rides that edge to get more laughs.. From the "what did the five fingers say to the face" as well as other famous lines, his show is known for it's work.

However this episode isn't the same, it's not even the best of, it's the "worst of" set. Basically all the stuff that wasn't good enough to show as a real sketch. Now normally this isn't a problem but too many of these sketches are meh. They just arn't funny, the jokes are for too small an audience or so on.

How ever there are a couple great scenes. Perhaps the best scene is the extended Player Hater's sketch, which is almost good enough to make up for this series. It does have an extreme ending, but that's what makes the scene memorable.

The big problem is so many of the other sketches just suck. I'm just glad this may only be a one time thing because it certainly didn't make me happy the first time. I have a feeling this was a ploy from Comedy Central to keep costs down
COMEDY