Charlie Brown is the wotst role model 4 kids

zatchbellyo

[1]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    think about it he is always depresed, he hates himself, hes horrible role model
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dissapearing

[2]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    that's mean! Sure he may not have a lot of confidence but at least he has a lot of friends to help him out with all his problems,and he doesn't have to deal with them alone.

WWinnieF

[3]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    Right. Plus, all of his friends have their own issues too.

TudorRose

[4]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 14
    I think Charlie brown is an ok role model. He's a better role model than Bart Simpson, The south park kids, and Hannah montana.

WWinnieF

[5]Feb 5, 2009
    TudorRose wrote:
    I think Charlie brown is an ok role model. He's a better role model than Bart Simpson, The south park kids, and Hannah montana.
    He's definately better than the last one, for sure. XD

bonjovichick

[6]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    Though he didn't win the spelling bee he is a much better speller than the poster who feels he is a bad role model.

spongebobs1fan

[7]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    kindoff

WWinnieF

[8]Mar 1, 2009
    bonjovichick wrote:
    Though he didn't win the spelling bee he is a much better speller than the poster who feels he is a bad role model.
    Plus, CB is more human than any child role model ever, especially one in animated form.

EdFan101

[9]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    WWinnieF wrote:
    bonjovichick wrote:
    Plus, CB is more human than any child role model ever, especially one in animated form.
    how many child role models can u think of?

someone198

[10]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 27
    Charlie Brown is not a role mdoel. Kids weren't supposed to want to be like him; they were just supposed to think "On days like this, I know how you feel" and feel sorry enough for him to send him candy. Peanuts was all about catharsis and making you feel extreme emotions, not giving you someone to model.

WWinnieF

[11]Apr 6, 2009
    someone198 wrote:
    not giving you someone to model
    Linus would disagree. Seriously all kidding aside, they do tote some messages in some specials, you know.

1MMfan

[12]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 16
    I think he is a good role model sort of. I mean, I think if any thing CB sort of deals with reality more than most cartoons do. Not all the time, but most of the time.

ArrestedCartoon

[13]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    zatchbellyo wrote:
    You're a bad role modal! A role modal that doesn't know how to spell worst! I got my life lessons from charile brown, I got my encouragement from chaile brown, I got my LIFE from charile brown!! So leave him alone you sick role modal, you!

WWinnieF

[14]Sep 13, 2009
    1MMfan wrote:
    I think if any thing CB sort of deals with reality more than most cartoons do. Not all the time, but most of the time.
    Of course he does. And even despite his self-loathing, he does always try to make something of his life, even if the fates conspire against him. I mean, aside from the first special where Linus' pep talk got him to realize that the world didn't come to an end when he lost, ol' "Chuck" has never given up on anything he's into. Seriously, you've never seen him give up on baseball, give up on getting Heather to notice him (even if his insecure nature keeps him away from actually talking to her), or give up on kicking that blasted football whilst still knowing that Lucy would pull it away.
    Edited on 09/12/2009 11:17pm

loey12886

[15]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    WWinnieF wrote:
    TudorRose wrote:
    He's definately better than the last one, for sure. XD

That's because Hannah Montana isn't a real person, it's a girl that pretends to be her *rolls eyes*

I think Miley Cyrus is a good role modle, kill me I actually like her, she's cute and I think she's a good actress

WWinnieF

[16]Apr 30, 2010

loey12886 wrote:
    That's because Hannah Montana isn't a real person, it's a girl that pretends to be her *rolls eyes*
    They'reone and the same. People consider Hannah and Miley the same entity, despite her so-called dual life, because in the end, they're still the same person, no matter how many wigs the girl wears or how many voice pitches the girl uses.
    :
    I think Miley Cyrus is a good role modle, kill me I actually like her, she's cute and I think she's a good actress
    I'd laugh once she winds up like former Disney starlets Britney (who repeatedly screws up her life)--and Jamie-Lynne, her teen-mom little sister who was a former Nick starlet--and Lindsay (Lindsay's sexual orientation shouldn't be a target, but her actions otherwise as a party-goer are certainly bad press). Seriously, if one of the Jonas' can treat fellow sensation Taylor Swift like second-class by dumping her via text message whilst still being employed by The Mouse House, you know something is askew. Our morals have disappeared since "adult" programs have lampooned things that should be left well enough alone (Family Guy & [adult swim]); since "reality TV" moved in to exploit anything, everything, and everyone (The Bachelor, Survivor, Idol, et al); since "interactive" children's shows talk down to their young audience (the 'Dora' model); since "teenybopper" sitcoms were created to throw superficial views at us all (Hannah, Suite Life, Jonas, et al); since stations started ignoring the reason for their creation (the former Sci-fi and now CN); and since the networks began to divide up their demographics instead of creating quality for all ages (Disney via the regular channel and XD).

Edited on 04/30/2010 5:08pm
    Edited 7 total times.

RugratsFan1990

[17]May 26, 2010
    • level: 3

The thing that makes Charlie Brown a good role model is that as depressed as you might be, you always have friends out there who's there for you, and help you too.

WWinnieF

[18]Jul 12, 2010
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

The thing that makes Charlie Brown a good role model is that as depressed as you might be, you always have friends out there who's there for you, and help you too.

Exactly. As rude as some of them may be, they all help "Chuck" in their own unique way.

Jasmine_

[19]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 9

zatchbellyo wrote:

No, dear. This is the worst thread model. ¬¬

Charlie Brown is a good role model because, as some people have already stated, although he is always depressed, he has good friends to be there for him, and he never gives up trying. You should try to learn something with him.

Edited on 08/09/2010 2:54pm

WWinnieF

[20]Sep 23, 2010
    Yeah. The one consistancy from CB--beyond local failure--is that he never lets himself get truly down, because his friends, however rude they may seem, boost his spirits.