Charlie Grace

ABC (ended 1995)

Charlie Grace Fan Reviews (2)

6.3
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed this!

I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live Charlie Grace. You have one more (secret) supporter here!
  • Charlie Grace is a widowed detective and father. Imagine my cousin vinny fighting crime and rasing a kid, and that is just the sense of humor you will find in Charlie Grace! What the show needed was a detective to find out why Charlie Grace was cancelled.

The most intriguing thing about the series was the flawless performances by the remarkable cast! While most series center around the seriousness of a character's day-job, and the humor that occurs at home, Charlie Grace flipped this standard and focused on the comedy of Charlie's job, and the sincere bond between Charlie and his daughter Jenny. The plot lines and characters were written with charm and realistically conceived. Every member of the ensemble cast was brilliant from the supporting players to the wonderful cast of kids, including a young Leelee Sobieski. It was a show that Dad would like because of the detective work and humor. Mom would like the charm and of the single father doing his best. And, the kids would find the girls on the show relatable and a delight. I think it is a shame, the show was not given the chance it deserved so much. And, even more tragic, the unlikliness of a dvd release. Kudos to the cast and crew of Charlie Grace! Cheers. :)