Charlie's Angels Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

ratings are in..

jack756

[21]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 14
    djboy77 wrote:

jack756 wrote:
    if u cant get through something u cant comment on something b/c u have no ideal what happened.that like saying ''well i saw the news today and a boy got killed,he must been robbing somebody''u cant say that b/c u have no ideal why the boy got killed.far all u know he could have rape somebody daughter and the father was angry about it. the point im making u cant review something especially a show that u havent seen passed ep 1 b/c we all know shows take time to get started and find its audience and pace. btw food and tv are different things.when u eat food u cant tell right away if its good or bad food.a show on the other hand u cant tell if its a good show after 1 ep.u have to watch at least 4 eps before u can say its a good show or not.and the person only seen 1 ep so how would they know anything.and food there is no chance of food getting good if it taste bad but a show can make progress and improve.

Of course you can comment on it. It's outright absurd to say that you can't.

I stopped watching Lost after season 1. It bored the crap out of me and annoyed me. I'm entitled to say that, even though I didn't watch the whole thing through. Of course I am.

Your analogy is flawed. There's a difference between judging the in-universe or in-narrative events, and the narrative or universe itself. Of course you can't make judgements about events you did not see - you shouldn't comment on it if you never watched it. However you can absolutely make judgements about your own interest in those events. Because you have that reaction regardless of whether you watched it all the way through. That is the correct comparison. The correct analogy is "I saw the news today and a boy got killed. The story bored me so I turned it off."

I have no idea what happened after season 1 on Lost. Nor do I care. I don't make assessments about what the characters did or did not do, whether it was wise or unwise, clever, funny, smart, surprising or anything else, because I did not see it. But I do make assessments about the series as a whole. I didn't like it, and I stopped watching it.

That is how it works.

it was something about lost that made u keep watching all the way thorugh season 1 wasnt it?or u wouldnt have waste your time.all im saying shows take time u cant based ur review based on one ep.i mean this isnt a movie.a show needs time.

the fact u saying something after seeing 1 ep is just crazy to me.4 eps in u can tell if the show for u or not..all im saying u cant comment on a show that u havent even seen passed ep 1.

i mean i havent seen how i meet your mother.but will i say the show good nope.will i say its bad nope.what i will say it didnt hold my interst to even tune in.

so the fact youve seen the 1st ep.it was something about the show that made u want to watch.

and if u one of those ppl who just watch the first ep so u can see how bad it was and to talk about it i feel like u have nothing else to do but to bash shows after not giving it a chance
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

djboy77

[24]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 7

jack756 wrote:
    it was something about lost that made u keep watching all the way thorugh season 1 wasnt it?or u wouldnt have waste your time.all im saying shows take time u cant based ur review based on one ep.i mean this isnt a movie.a show needs time. the fact u saying something after seeing 1 ep is just crazy to me.4 eps in u can tell if the show for u or not..all im saying u cant comment on a show that u havent even seen passed ep 1. i mean i havent seen how i meet your mother.but will i say the show good nope.will i say its bad nope.what i will say it didnt hold my interst to even tune in. so the fact youve seen the 1st ep.it was something about the show that made u want to watch. and if u one of those ppl who just watch the first ep so u can see how bad it was and to talk about it i feel like u have nothing else to do but to bash shows after not giving it a chance

You said:

:
    if u cant get through something u cant comment on something b/c u have no ideal what happened.

What you just said above is completely different. You've switched from saying that people are not entitled to have an opinion about a show if they've not watched every single episode, to going on about it not getting a chance to build a following.

You never watching a single episode of HIMYM is also completely different than me saying Charlie's Angels is bad after watching an episode. You have no information whatsoever, so of course anything you might say is uninformed. That is not the case with me. I am not uninformed. I watched the pilot, and like a job interview, I believe I have enough information to decide that/whether I'm interested in seeing/knowing anything further. If I miss out on something good or exciting or compelling, then that's a risk I decide to take for myself. The expectation that I'm not allowed to voice an opinion about a show that I dislike enough to not watch any more is utter stupidity. You're saying that I should force myself to watch the remainder of a show I didn't enjoy, because I'm "not allowed" to say I don't like it until all the episodes have aired. You go eat a disgusting entree or soup at a bad restaurant and then see whether you stick around for the main course and the dessert. Why on earth would you?

I can only assume then that you listen to every single telemarketer's spiel all the way through. And you invite every single door-knocking salesman in to hear his complete sales pitch, no matter the product, no matter how dodgy the salesman looks. Because if you don't then by your logic, you can't have an opinion and you're not entitled to decline a purchase. If you have ever in the past, or do ever in the future, interrupt the salesman and say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested", then you're breaking your own "rule".

Ditto if you've ever heard the first couple of singles off an album and decided not to buy that album, rather than - as you seem to think is necessary - listening to every song on the album, from start to finish, before deciding whether to buy it. Or, for that matter, buying an album based solely on the first couple of singles. Because that's the exact same situation: making an assessment on your likelihood to enjoy the whole thing, based on the initial sampling. So, you know what? You're not yet allowed to say you like Charlie's Angels. Because you haven't seen it all the way through yet, any more than I have. You don't know that it won't take a (relative) nose-dive from your current opinion of it. So whatever your opinion might be, you have to keep it to yourself, just like you think I and some others should have to.

I don't disagree that shows are often not given a chance to build a following. Several shows I've enjoyed have been canceled over the last few years, when I think they could have caught on, or were about to catch on. None of which has anything to do with me being "allowed" to voice my opinion. I watched the Charlie's Angels pilot, and I decided it gave me enough information to decide whether I watched to continue watching it. Other shows, I might give more of a chance. This one, I knew very quickly that I had no further interest in it.

I regret giving Lost as long as the first season before I stopped watching. I was bored and annoyed by the half way point in the season; the only reason I continued to watch was because everybody else seemed to be, so I figured there must be something I'm missing. Turns out I was more bored and annoyed watching the second half, probably in no small part because I was forcing myself to, rather than wanting to. Because it also turns out I'm entitled to my own opinion on it, based on what I've seen, and can make my own decisions for myself, rather than doing what everyone else is doing. Which, you know, is THE ENTIRE WAY THAT TV RATINGS WORK.

It's not my duty to keep watching "just in case" it gets better, or to hold out and wait until it does. It's not beholden to me to "forgive" them when they drop the ball. It's not my responsibility to finish watching a series just because I started it. It's the duty of the writers, producers and actors to convince me to come back episode after episode, to make me want to, to give me reason to. And when they fail, I'm allowed to say so.

jack756

[25]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 14

your are missing understand my point im trying to make and im not fina keep going back and forth with u.all im saying is i find it crazy that someone can give a review only after seeing 1 ep and thats it.now itll be differnt if u keep up with the show and u explain in certain eps what u didnt like then i would have understand that u can get into this show for certain reasons.but u seen 1 ep and u have decide its crap.u have to see more than 1 ep to know if any show is good.but then again if u dont like the show after seeing the first ep why waste your time to go on fans boards to bash the show.

djboy77

[26]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 7

No, I'm not misunderstanding you at all, which is why what you're saying is rubbish. And yet you still ignore what I've said. You want answers? Go back and actually read what I said in the first place. Y'know, months ago.

P.S. Canceled. I win.

Edited on 02/15/2012 8:49am

TabithaGana

[27]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 9

why does Minka Kelly have to talk soooo slowly, it is seriously annoying! and her acting=flat!