Charlie's Angels Forums

ABC (ended 1981)

Season 4 finally coming to DVD

charley28

[1]May 4, 2009
    • level: 66

Charlie's Angels -Long-Awaited Season 4 is Finally Coming to DVD, with a Love Boat Crossover!

This coming 4th-of-July marks the third anniversary since fans of Charlie's Angels first saw the third season set of the show released on DVD. At last, it now appears that Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is finally moving forward with Charlie's Angels - The Complete 4th Season, which saw the introduction of Shelley Hack as "fifth angel" Tiffany Welles (a graduate of Boston's police academy), and the final appearances of Farrah Fawcett as "original angel" Jill Munroe. Except for Farrah appearing in the episodes "Fallen Angel," "The Prince and the Angel" and "An Angel's Trail", the makeup of the team this year consisted of Kelly (Jaclyn Smith), Kris (Cheryl Ladd) and Tiffany.

VideoETA, a website produced by home video distributor Ingram Entertainment, has revealed that Charlie's Angels - The Complete 4th Season is coming out from Sony on July 21st. This will be a 6-disc set costing $39.95 SRP, according to their information. The fan site CharliesAngels.com also agrees with that release date (our thanks to the various readers of that website who took the time to e-mail us over the weekend). Sony's announcement date for this title is apparently next Monday (5/11), according to our sources, but if word about further details leaks out prior to then, we'll certainly update you immediately. Stay tuned for that, and package art.

This 1979-80 run of episodes began with a double-length season premiere which crossed over with fellow ABC series The Love Boat (both programs were produced by Aaron Spelling). Just days before the other show had it's own third-season debut, the Angels took an assignment from Charlie aboard the Pacific Princess. Note that "Love Boat Angels" should not be confused with the first-season episode "Angels at Sea"!

Counting the season premiere as a single (albeit extra-long) story, that means there would be 25 episodes in Charlie's Angels - The Complete 4th Season. They included such guest stars as Dick Sargent, Judy Landers, Bert Convy, Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, Fred Grandy, Ted Lange, Lauren Tewes, Royce D. Applegate, Mickey Jones, Kim Cattrall, Timothy Dalton, Louise Sorel, Sally Kirkland, Ed Begley Jr., Rene Auberjonois, Gary Collins, Nita Talbot, Simon Oakland, Marc Alaimo, James Gleason, Cesar Romero, Robert Englund, Louis Jourdan, Tab Hunter, Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Loggia, Tricia O'Neil, and a two-part season finale with Patrick Duffy, Ray Milland, Harry Townes and Robert Reed.

Edited on 05/12/2009 10:26am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pisceandreams

[2]May 4, 2009
    • level: 40
    FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY! This is one of my favorite seasons and I've been cursing SONY for taking so long to release it. Can't wait until July! =)

charley28

[3]May 4, 2009
    yeah, well i'd been going through my vcr tapes and putting them all together and now after going through and getting them together I find this. I'm not complaining except for the fact that they took so long...

charley28

[4]May 12, 2009

The artwork/cover is ready to been seen. See it here or below if it comes up. It is of the 3 Angels, Kris, Kelly and Tiffany in their hot pants outfits with Farrah in a star down on the right corner.

From Legendary TV Executive Producers
    Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg

Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd and Shelley Hack Star in...

CHARLIE'S ANGELS: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON

Debuts on DVD July 21

Everyone's favorite TV trio of super femmes is back again when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Charlie's Angels: The Complete Fourth Season on DVD July 21, 2009. Jaclyn Smith (Kelly), Cheryl Ladd (Kris) and Shelley Hack (Tiffany) star as three gorgeous private detectives who work with Bosley (David Doyle) at the direction of the never-seen but always heard wealthy and mysterious Charlie (John Forsythe). The six-disc box set features all 26 action-packed episodes and will be available for $39.95 SRP.

Executive produced by Aaron Spelling (TV's "Beverly Hills 90210," TV's "Melrose Place," TV's "Charmed") and Leonard Goldberg (WarGames, TV's "Fantasy Island," TV's "Starsky and Hutch"), Charlie's Angels exploded onto the small screen in 1976 and continued to thrill viewers for five seasons. Originally starring Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett, the lineup changed in the second season when Cheryl Ladd replaced Fawcett.

The fourth season premiere introduces a new member of the team, Shelley Hack as Tiffany Welles. Familiar faces guest-starring this season include a visiting Fawcett, Kim Cattrall, Ed Begley, Jr., Sally Kirkland, Cesar Romero, Robert Englund, Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Loggia, Patrick Duffy, Dick Sargent, Timothy Dalton and Robert Reed.

Synopsis
    The fourth season kicks off with a two-part episode, "Love Boat Angels," as the women join guest stars from the cast of "The Love Boat" to investigate a major art theft. Other escapades this season feature the Angels going undercover as sorority girls, truckers, streetwalkers and potential starlets.

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Fourth Season episodes include:

• Love Boat Angels Part I
    • Love Boat Angels Part II
    • Angels go Truckin'
    • Avenging Angel
    • Angels at the Altar
    • Fallen Angel
    • Caged Angel
    • Angels on the Street
    • The Prince and the Angel
    • Angels on Skates
    • Angels on Campus
    • Angel Hunt
    • Cruising Angels
    • Of Ghosts & Angels
    • Angel's Child
    • One of Our Angels is Missing
    • Catch a Falling Angel
    • Homes, Sweet Homes
    • Dancin' Angels
    • Harrigan's Angel
    • An Angel's Trail
    • Nips & Tucks
    • Three For the Money
    • Toni's Boys
    • One Love...Two Angels Part I
    • One Love...Two Angels Part II

DVD Special Features Include: Digitally Remastered Audio and Video, Full Screen Presentations, Audio: English, Bonus Previews, Closed Captioned. Broadcast Year: 1979-1980. SLP: $39.95. Charlie's Angels: The Complete Fourth Season has a run time of approximately 1171 minutes and is not rated. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

Edited on 05/12/2009 10:08am

TCharmed77

[5]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 6

IT was so great to finally see the episodes with Shelly! She is fabulous. They we're totally crazy for getting rid of her. I love Jaclyn but she wasn't a perfect actress the first year nor was Farrah. I loved how Cheryl was thrown in right away. I think the problem is they put Tif in the background until around the 12 episode or so! She is fabulous and I like the stories show much this year. I like the focus (sometimes) being on one Angel however, them coming back to work as a trio for many other episodes! They were dumb to dumped SH, it wasn't her fault!

charley28

[6]Sep 16, 2009
    my sister tells me that all the time.. she is a tiffany lover too. she thinks that it would have been, the last season, a lot better if Tiffany would have been there.. then they wouldn't have had to change the opening credits again..

pisceandreams

[7]Oct 10, 2009

I'm a Tiffany lover, too, and I think it's a shame that they let her go just as she was really getting into the Townsend Agency groove. I also think that season 5 would have been phenomenally better had it included Tiffany as opposed to Julie. A graduate from a modeling school? Really?

I've watched the entire season on DVD except for the last 5 or 6 eps (it's been a busy summer!). It's so nice to have the Tiffany episodes on DVD with such high-quality sound and picture. Good-bye old VHS tapes...

charley28

[8]Oct 11, 2009
    it was a shame that they had to get rid of her. I think they could have delved deeper into her character more than what they did in season 4.. it also would have kept with the tradition of the police women becoming detectives.. not some model.. what credibility does she have.. she dated a detective.. wooped dee doo...

good bye ole vhs tapes too... mine are from back in 93-94... so that tell you how gritty they are...

Fallon97

[9]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 5

I really like Tiffany/Shelley, and all the episodes in Season 4 are really good. Some of my favorite are Love Boat Angels, Of Ghosts and Angels, One Love: Two Angels, Toni's Boys, Angel Hunt, Angel on Campus, Caged Angel, The Prince and the Angel, and Angels on the Streets.

Like I stated before, all the episodes were very good. In fact, I like Season 4 episodes better than Season 1 episodes. My favorite seasons are 2, 3, and 4. My mother is a fan of the show, and she likes Tiffany and feels that Season 4 is better than Season 1 as well.

I thought Tiffany was a very good and capable detective. She was smart, focused, classy, sweet, and sensitive. She kinda reminded me of a more laidback Pamela Sue Martin in Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mysteries, especially in "One Love, Two Angels," "Three For The Money," "Angel On Campus,"and "Of Ghosts and Angels." She also had good chemistry with Cheryl, Jaclyn, and David. I thought Tiffany, Kelly, and Kris had a sweet friendship. I even liked her friendship with Bosley. Shelley was great as an Angel and truly earned her wings. It's a shame she was let go. *sighs* Frown

Edited on 06/30/2014 2:21pm
    Edited 10 total times.

pisceandreams

[10]Dec 14, 2011

I absolutely agree with you, Fallon, Shelley's "Tiffany" was great and it was a shame she was let go. She's far more likeable and believable as a detective than Tanya Roberts's "Julie" in season 5...

Fallon97

[11]Feb 6, 2012
    • level: 5

pisceandreams wrote:

I absolutely agree with you, Fallon, Shelley's "Tiffany" was great and it was a shame she was let go. She's far more likeable and believable as a detective than Tanya Roberts's "Julie" in season 5...

Very true, pisceandreams.