Charmed

A Witch's Tail (2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2002 on The WB

• Interview with the mermaid

This is so much better than the first half. Just goes to show what can happen when the story focuses on the sisters rather than some random stranger.

With the Mylie and Craig plot thankfully over, the sub plots from part one take centre stage. Piper's panic attacks are growing worse, Phoebe is still avoiding Cole (and still a mermaid) and Paige finds herself as the unlikely leader of the three.

I really enjoyed seeing Phoebe as a mermaid. Her swimming scene is beautifully filmed and there's less of the silly baby talk. I know her costume has come in for some criticism but how else would you expect a mermaid to dress?

I also enjoyed Piper's fearless spell. It's good to see her being reckless for a change and Holly was clearly enjoying the change of character. Totally agree with Piper about that godawful painting. What was Leo thinking?

Necron is a quality baddie. After their long struggle with the Source and the Seer, it's good to see the Charmed Ones face someone different. The grey makeup really works and his torturing of Piper is a first for the show. The vanquish is spectacular and I love the way the action carries on afterwards. Good to see Patty again too.

Paige and Cole have some excellent scenes this week. Their argument at the flat is brilliantly directed and Rose is superb with her quickfire lines. Top marks!

An interesting ending too. Paige quits her job (how on earth she got that promotion will forever baffle me), Phoebe signs her divorce papers (which means Cole must have agreed to the divorce now the authorities know he is back) and Patty signs Piper's baby book from beyond the grave. Bless!