Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 2005 on The WB

7.8
  • BELT UP, BILLIE

Belt up, Billie

What a load of rubbish. Billie puts on a magical belt and becomes even more annoying, Paige spends all her time in a tedious charge-related subplot and everyone starts banging on about gender differences.

Billie's story is ridiculous. So we're expected to believe a shiny belt and a hooker's outfit means she now has the power to wipe every man off the planet? The action is a complete rip off of "Witches in Tights" and Kaley's acting is dreadful.

The whole battle of the sexes theme is very forced and seems to come from nowhere. Ok, so the fight in the lecture theatre was quite amusing but I cringed when Piper and Phoebe started spouting off about men. Totally out of character. And were the demons even needed? The story would have worked perfectly well without them. Save on the guest actors and spend the money on keeping Brian!

Once again, Paige gets embroiled in a subplot which goes absolutely nowhere. This week, she has to look after a black youth who keeps getting arrested and let off again. We never find out what happens to him in the end and, frankly, I couldn't care less. The only redeeming feature of this story, and the only thing keeping this episode's score above 7.5, is the appearance of Henry. He's a very likeable character and adds a real spark to the episode. Look forward to seeing more of him.

This instalment won't do anything to appease the Billie haters and it does seem she is getting more and more airtime as the weeks go by. Ah well, only another four discs to go.

Score: 7.9