Charmed

Bite Me

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 18, 2002 on The WB

• Not a bad one

Cole associating with a vampire was the only suspicious thing here. Him not wanting people to orb in is NOT weird at all!

If I'm a lawyer working from home and someone just orbs in and my client sees - hello your credibility and sanity is out the window! If I'm making love to my wife (because lets face it Phoebe and Cole are horndogs) in THEIR private living room and someone just orbs in that's rude. You don't just go to someones house without knocking. Now if Paige orbed to outside the door and then knocked completely different. But she orbs into his house, disturbs a 'business meeting' and wonders why he's so shitty? Like wtf.
  • Bite Me

Bite Me was a perfect episode of Charmed and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was awesome watching Cole/The Source pull in the reigns of the underworld to heel. The Vampire Queen was an interesting character and I liked how she was banished. I liked watching the demon faction leaders meeting. Paige continues being suspicious of Cole and by the end of the episode so is Piper. It was interesting to learn some news about Phoebe at the end. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Paige the Vampire

It is so cool to see Paige turned to Vampire! It was so awesome when she slept on the ceiling in her bedroom!! Also, Paige was attacked by swarms of BATS!!! I never seen it like that before! It is over her body! Thanks to Leo, he healed Paige's woundes and painless! But it didn't stop Paige turned to be Vampire after few minutes Leo healed her. Every time One of Charmed Ones get attacked by Creatures, girls became creature, weird! It is so suprised that Phoebe did FAINT when she see lot of blood come out of Paige's arm in the hospital. It is so cute that Cole is so worried about Phoebe's safety! Great Episode, I love it!
  • Paige and the bevy of wimpy vampires...

So begins one of the more impressive runs of Charmed episodes. I always approve of an attractive female bad guy, and we have that here with the vampire queen, perhaps underused. Paige, of course, also makes an excellent vampire, and she does "evil" nearly as well as Phoebe. This episode also performs the twin duties of progressing Phoebe to pregnancy while highlighting the frustration Piper feels over her continued failure to get pregnant. These twin plots are well done for the most part and the ending is very satisfactory if not somewhat reminiscent of The Fifth Halliwell.

It is kind of cool how Cole is gathering the Underworld under him, but his handling of the Queen is quite strange, very undiplomatic. Also, these have to be the wimpiest vampires we have about ever seen. Even in their more benign forms, vampires typically can fly and have super strength. None of that is on display here. And they are also usually pretty tough to kill. Not the case either. The almighty Source simply waves his hand, and they are all dead. Not sure why then the Queen had to be banished in the first place.
  • A Buffy and Charmed cross-over, perhaps?

A rather unpleasant underworld vampire queen wants all the power and the glory for herself, to do that, she must take control of the demon realm, which means, getting rid of Cole. To help her achieve her ends, she attempts to turn Paige aginst Piper and Phoebe (trying to break up The Power of Three is a recurring event throughout the entire series.) This vampire lady is not very good at taking 'no' for an answer though and does her level best to de-throne Cole.

Meanwhile, onto more domestic matters, poor Phoebe is feeling unwell and doesn't have her usual energy and enthusiasm.

A great one to watch, even if the whole 'Vampire' thing was a bit on the cheesy side.
  • Where's a slayer when you need one?

Charmed, in TV land, as well as among its core viewers, has always been considered Buffy-lite. But never has a series drawn so many comparisons as with seasons 3 and 4. Cole's arc trailed a similar path to Angel's in Buffy, and when Cole became the Source, it was practically the Angelus plotline, with a few slight alterations. Now, we have Charmed tackling vampires, which could have spelled disaster for a series already penned as a bad Buffy parody, but thankfully, the show takes a more gothic approach, akin to an Anne Rice novel.

Of course, the hour never really exceeds. The vampires are given far too little screen time. Their opening scenes are impressive, in a PG-13 kind of way, but it's all too soon before they are treated with the same insipidity as almost every other demon on the show. Even their vanquishes are underwhelming. It's a shame, too, because the actress playing the queen didn't entirely infuriate me, and played out her scenes, chalky dialogue and all, with an impressive level of sensual conviction.

'Bite Me' mostly follows Paige's transformation, and frankly, we've had better from the show. In fact, this is pretty much Piper's transformation into the Fury combined with Phoebe's Banshee ordeal and there's hardly enough here to distinguish it from the countless other sister-turned-evil scenarios throughout the years. It's Cole's dilemma that keeps this one afloat, but I'm not really interested in Demonic politics, especially with demons I've never encountered before (plot seeds, people!).

The reason this episode ranks so well, or least better than average, is mostly down to the little things. There are plenty of great sisterly moments: Phoebe and Piper having a heart-to-heart in a cemetery of all places; Paige orbing in on Cole, both not shying away from the insults; all of the girls jokingly hitting Leo for almost doing magic in public; Cole knocking out Paige and juggling a fireball, contemplating whether to take out a Charmed One; and Paige telling Piper that she may not be Pheebs but she's still her sister. Little character moments the show could use more of.

All in all a serviceable episode. There's not much here to sink your teeth into, but it's a fairly entertaining distraction.
  • This Episode Bites!

4.6
    Bite Me-A vampire queen tries to dethrone Cole as ruler of the Underworld and attempts to turn Paige against her sisters. Meanwhile, Phoebe begins to feel under the weather.

Completely tedious throughout, "Bite Me" centers around vampires and the writers couldn't have penned a cornier episode if they tried! Instead of doing something new and invetive with the vampire mythology, the writers use every cliche in the blood-sucking book! The vampires are boring, uninspired, and beyond lame. While Rose looked pretty fine in her vampire get-up, even she couldn't pull off this storyline when Piage gets turned into a vampire. All the guest stars are all bland in their roles as the vampire, playing into cliche as well and not even sepearating themselves from any other villains we've seen.

Julian McMahon seems to be the only saving grace at this point as he was amazing throughout. The way he goes from playing the Source to being so supportive as Cole is so entertaing and Julian does it was such ease. At least, there are some nice sister moments throughout between Paige and Piper then Phoebe and Piper, as it's nice to see that being slipt apart from Phoebe is causing some issues. By episode end, Paige and Piper finally become suspicious of Cole, which makes sense since his been suspicious for a while! All and All, "Bite Me" pretty much sucks for the most part! (pun intended!)
  • Phoebe the vampire slayer

The latest in a long line of 'sister turns into something' episodes, Bite Me sees the Source at war with a band of less than terrifying vampires. This time it's Paige who is transformed for the customary half dozen scenes.

First up, I can't believe it's taken almost four whole seasons for vampires to feature on this show. That must be some kind of record! The way they're portrayed is interesting too; as so often with Charmed baddies, they come across as very human. It's also good to see them as bats now and then - this is something you don't see much nowadays and the shapeshifting is nicely done.

Unfortunately, however, this episode has to rate as a missed opportunity. The idea of a vampire kingdom challenging the Source's demonic underworld could have made a brilliant season arc but the whole concept is done and dusted within the hour. The vampire queen is about as sinister as Snow White and her vanquish is pathetic. Despite a worthy performance from Rose, Paige's stint as a vampire is pretty formulaic. This idea that if you don't kill anyone you'll turn back as soon as the leader is dead is becoming so dull. Wendigos, banshees, furies: join the queue.

By far the best bit is the way the Source deals with the threat. His council of war is like a who's who of demonic groups and I really like that. I also love the way he marches into the nest and blows up the vampires himself. The scene where his fireballs are lighting up the cave is excellent, as is the sight of the burning bats dropping to the floor.

If I've counted correctly, a total of 26 vampires and one demon get vanquished in this episode, making it easily the bloodiest of the series so far.
  • Paige is a vampiree.

7.1
    this episode was pretty good. i being a fan of vampires enjoyed the element of this story line. the underworld wants a charmed ine on their side so they send a bunch of bats to convert her. this was an original episode for the show,though. cole is shown to be very powerful in this because he is the only one who could vanqush the vampire queen. Paige becomes even more suspicous of Cole and it just builds the tension on how evil Cole actaully can be. i especially like the part where paige tells cole to bite me. very clever. overall pretty good episode, but not the best.
  • Ahh this episode would need a bite to it, it jsut wasn't good for me.

4.9
    A vampire queen, hopes to supplant the demon-possessed Cole as ruler of the Underworld. To do this, the queen must shift the balance of power by turning Paige against her sisters, Meanwhile, Phoebe is beginning to exhibit the signs of morning sickness -- indicating that the plan to impregnate her with Cole's evil seed is right on schedule!
  • A great episode that adds a lot to the storyline of Cole strenghtening his position, and to the dilemma the sisters are put in.

Surprisingly original! Having both the Source and the Charmed Ones fight the same enemy, it becomes all the more clear how nervewracking the upcoming fight between the sisters and Cole is going to be. This episode clearly shows how dangerous Cole is, since he is the only one who can kill the vampire queen. Also, the classic family conflict comes up once more and provides us, the viewers, with the delight of watching yet another (psychological) fight between Cole and Paige. Thank god at the end of this episode Piper finally realises there must be something wrong with Cole..."Bite Me" gave me the feeling that now, after more than one rather weak episode, something is actually going to happen, that the Charmed Ones might get their chance back to fight the Source (two out of three is better than nothing).

The one weak point in this episode was, in my opinion, Phoebe. Her storyline was okay, but she's being more and more unreasonable, which is surprising considering she has a job where she needs to be able to understand others. I am not saying she could easily be immune to Cole's manipulative actions, or that she has to agree with Paige on every level (which I do, but that's another story) - but she might as well try to understand Paige's feelings, and if it's just for their powers' sake. Her behaviour just doesn't quite match the impression I had of her character before the conflict with Paige started.

Altogether, I really liked this episode, but there's still room for more, so I give it a 9.0 rating.
  • Uh-Oh! Paige is a vampire!!!

This whole thing with Cole is getting on my nerves... I don't know why the sisters can't put it together. I mean I get why Pheobe couldn't (Love is blind) but Piper and Leo should!

It's sad that Pheobe isn't living in the house any more, it doesn't feel the same...

Paige as a vampire I thought was just funny! Trying to eat the sisters and her outfit and being all creepy... It was hard to take her seriously...

The end scene with Pheobe though was very dramatic! I love how she just faints and the guy on the phone is talking and the dramatic music. Oh My!
  • Paige is a Vampire!!

This was another of those cool amazing episodes.

Pheobe's now moved out of the manor & Paige is back to thinking that Cole is up to something. I just think he's so cool when he's evil.

I just loved it when Paige turned into a vampire, that was so cool, the effects were awesome too. I just loved how evil she was and how she took it out on her sisters.

Cole seems to be more controlling of Pheobe & I think that Piper finally saw it and now she finally thinks that Paige is onto something with her suspicions.

And the best part of the episode, Pheobe's pregnant!!!!
  • Vampires!!!!!

Ok so this episode wan't one of the best ones that the show has put out, but vamps are one of my favorite things, so major points there just for that. i didn't like how they really portrayed vampires though, as opposed to other tv shows and films, most noteably Angel and Bram Stokers Dracula. It wasn't a classic but i give them points for having vampires in the show and an E for effort.
  • This Sucks

2.9
    A boring filler episode which doesn't have anything mildly interesting in it throughout, Bite Me has Charmed taking on vampires. Luckily, it avoids any Buffy send-up's but sadly, doesn't add any sort of twist onto the old vampire mythology and ends up being extremely boring.

Bite Me has the Vampire Queen, who was ostracized from the demon community centuries ago and sent underground, attempting to resurface by turning Paige into a vampire, hoping that she'll eventually turn Piper and Phoebe, turning the power of three evil.

It's slightly annoying that the writers don't add anything to this episode which could make it memorable. The vampires are treated like normal, everyday villains, albeit with fangs, but it would have been nice to see the Charmed Ones wielding stakes and crossbows and turning the vamps to dust. Instead, they just blow them up and they are killed in the exact same way normal Charmed demons do.

It's also a shame that the writers have Paige being turned into a vampire. The extremely lame cop-out ending, in which the sisters discover that Paige can be turned back into a human because she hasn't had her first human kill, is predictable and uneventful. It's almost like the writers had carefully planned out the episode and quickly came up with the resolution in about five minutes. Elizabeth Gracen, best known for her role in the female Highlander series, gives a boring performance as the Vampire Queen whilst Rose McGowan acts like normal Paige when she is turned, but with a higher-than-normal level of horniness.

Bite Me is standard filler episode Charmed, throwing up no surprises and leaving it one of the dullest episodes of season four.