Charmed

Blinded by the Whitelighter

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 25, 2001 on The WB

• Blinded by the Whitelighter

Blinded by the Whitelighter was another perfect and very entertaining episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching because there was humor, action, and lots of magic. A warlock killing witches and stealing their powers focuses on the Charmed Ones and Whitelighters. There were some great laughs, intriguing drama, and suspenseful moments. I liked how the story unfolded and was excited to see a challenging foe for the sisters to conquer and vanquish. It was great to see them put to test by another Whitelighter named Nancy. In the end Piper learns that they have earned Nancy's blessing and that of the High Council. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • I believe Prodigy said it best with "slapdabichyup"...

This is a great episode that belongs among Season 3's best.

It was a stroke of genius to bring another whitelighter into the foray, namely a female with a long history with Leo. I would have preferred an attractive whitelighter to raise Piper's jealousy a Defcon or two, but at least this whitelighter is wonderfully annoying and uproariously sexually frustrated. The drill sergeant scene was somewhat unoriginal but still entertaining thanks to the sisters' petulance and Prue's ultra-low top. The whitelighter "talk" is hilarious, especially the sisters' reaction to it. Great writing there.

Our bad this week has the perhaps over-ambitious plan to actually wreak havoc in Elderville by killing whitelighters and thus making their charges vulnerable. Ames is similar to Matthew Tate in that he is a warlock who can steal powers and blink. He is a capable bad guy, though overshadowed by his plan. I found it curious that the Elders can't protect themselves from one warlock with a crossbow; they certainly can in Season 7. It was also quite strange that the sisters agreed to sacrifice Natalie. After all, how else could they ambush Ames in Elderville unless she died? Great vanquish though with all the sisters working together.

As expected, Phoebe can't hold her secret any longer and tells Leo that Cole is still around. Their scene at the club might be the closest Phoebe and Leo ever come to romance. As we saw in Season 2, Leo almost seems to be Phoebe's whitelighter even while being Piper's man. That bond is at least partially transferred to Paige once she is around.
  • Piper jealous!

Another really great episode for this season. The more episodes I watch the more I'm convinced that season 3 is the best season of Charmed.

This episode was fantastic & very funny. We get to meet a fellow whitelighter of Leo's, Natalie who unlike Leo believes in following the rules. Piper hates her & is even a little if not very jealous of her.

The 3 sisters take an instant dislike to her, and we find out that Whitelighters have a clickity clack language of thier own. Plus we get a look at "Whitlighter central".

Pheobe tells Leo about Cole, & Leo decides he's too emotionally attached to the sisters so Natalie takes over as thier Whitelighter, and they have to follow the rules, which they hate.

The death of Natalie near the end was sad & you could see that the sisters had just begun to like her.
  • General Goody-Two-Shoes and her Soldier Witches

Blinded By a Whitelighter-The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world.

A truly fantastic episode that sees the writers creating a brilliant script that mixes together all Charmed's greatness for a stellar hour of television. Despite a slightly over-the-top, campy performance by Steve Valentine, Eames is definately one of the most well developed villains the writers ever had. Eames' M.O. is one of the most elaborate, even smartest a demon has ever come up with on the series and the way he goes about executing each part of his plan, not to mention tricking the sisters multiple times into getting them to do what he wants brings some superb twists. Audrey Wasilewski (Natalie) really shines as the book-worm whitelighter who soon becomes the unlikely leader for the sisters when trying to prepare them to battle Eames. This is probably the highlight of the storyline as Natalie's presence brings some of the funniest scenes of Charmed. From Natalie and Leo's hilarious "click-clacking" language to Piper's humorous comebacks towards Natalie to pretty much all 3 sisters overall resentment toward her, especially in the training sequence where Natalia coaches the sisters' through their battle strategy against Eames as the dialogue is just priceless:

Prue: Tell me again why we're doing this?
    Piper: Because one bad word from General Goody-Two-Shoes, and I'm not getting married.

and

Natalie (discussing taking the crossbow from Eames): Now talk me through how you plan to separate me from my crossbow.
    Piper: Ok, first I freeze you.
    Natalie: I deflect that.
    Phoebe: I guess I could levitate and kick you.
    Natalie: You just kicked a clone.
    Prue: All right, how about if I send an Astral Prue as a decoy and then just, you know... (uses her telekenesis to knock the fake crossbow from Natalie's hands) Oh, I'm so sorry.
    Natalie: Not as sorry as you would be if I just blinked behind you and stabbed you to death.
    Prue: Well, that would be bad.

Other great scenes are Eames torturing a young witch before killing her, Eames tricking the sisters and killing Natalie, then of course, the climax as the sisters go "up there" and defeat Eames in a stunning vanquish scene. The episode also features well written sup-plots with Phoebe being investigated by Inspector Davidson and Phoebe telling Leo the truth about not vanquishing Cole. It's nice that at least someone besides Phoebe knows the truth and promises a lot for Phoebe as she must now come clean to her sisters. All and All, "Blinded by a Whitelighter" is one of the best episodes of this season filled with action, comedy, twists, thrills, and fine acting!
  • Look out! There's a nasty demon around, not to mention a very annoying female Whitelighter.

The sisters and Leo learn that there is a Warlock running amok who wishes to steal the powers of the powerful and they know that they must do something to stop him. Things became more than a little amusing at this point when Whitelighter, Natalie, who has known Leo for a long time, turns up on the scene, makes Piper extremely jealous (not sure why) and annoys the heck out of the other sisters.

Natalie is like someone newly graduated from the Marines, with a penchant for crossing all the 'T's and dotting all the I's. She is also aggravating in the extreme in her condescending manner towards the girls, whilst happily carrying on a weird 'click clack' type conversation with Leo.

For me, the best part of the episode was when a very vulnerable Phoebe decided to come clean to Leo about Cole as Phoebe never really does have anyone she can talk to. It was sweet. Complicated, but sweet.
  • The b*tch from heaven

I'd been wondering when they would do an episode about whitelighters. They've been going on about the elders and their rules for ages now so it's good to see these ideas finally brought to life.

The demon plot is on a grand scale this week and ties in well with the rulebreaking theme. Sadly for the writers, the actor playing the warlock doesn't do the role any justice at all. The bloke playing the darklighter (phwoarr!) shows more ability in thirty seconds than he shows in the whole hour.

What really makes this episode is, of course, Natalie. Top marks to the guest actress for making her so wonderfully annoying. Her constant sparring with the Charmed Ones produces some very funny and well acted moments. The best has to be when Prue grins at her and says "Piper froze ya!". There are also a few naff moments, for example the scene where she is marching up and down like a sergeant major. What exactly did she do in the war anyway? Nag the Germans to death?

What this storyline shows is just how much the Charmed Ones have in common with their whitelighter. Both parties are reckless, neither obeys the rules and neither could care less what the elders think. Sounds good to me.

Phoebe's subplot resumes after a week off and, this time, she finally confesses to Leo. I thought he could have been a bit more understanding. After all, he knows Cole is half human.

I enjoyed seeing Elderland but I'm also glad they didn't give too much away. I did like the whitelighter language. It's making me chuckle even as I'm writing this. More please!

I think this is the first time I've ever rated an episode lower than Maxpower03. Had to happen someday.
  • Great episode, funny, they look good and lots of kickass scenes

This is my favorite episode by far. I love the humor in this episode leo saying "if you wanna freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, but freezing Natalie isnt going to help", along with the clicking or 'whitelighteese'. when Piper freezes Natalie, Prue says "Piper froze ya, yep" and smirkes, think its great... when they are moaning about her whilst writing the vanquishing spell!! The twist of Aimes being the bow was very clever, writers were doing their jobs! However I dont think they needed to put the scene in with Pheobe and the cop, brought a downer onto whats a very funny, comical episode!
  • Piper and Leo are finally engaged

So a warlock is trying to kill all the whitelighters to leave their charges vulnerable! Wow it sounds like one of them isn't a complete moron. This was probably one of the smartest warlocks they faced which made the episode enjoyable because they always seem to make the bad guy the stupid guy too so it was different in a good way. I hate Natalie though almost as much as Piper did. She was so annoying especially after Leo asked her to be their whitelighter. She just gave the impression that she was evil and somehow going to trick the charmed ones and kill them. And she was too commanding. I loved how she told Prue, Piper, and Phoebe that they needed new clothes and then Prue was like "then I have nothing to wear." That part was actually semi-amusing.

I loved that Phoebe wanted to talk to Leo about Cole. It was sweet almost that she told him that she didn't really vanquish him. I liked the fact that she trusted Leo more than her sisters. It was however slightly amusing to see that her vanquishing Cole was a main focus even if she really didn't, but it was also slightly annoying and drawn out.

It was funny to see the girls all talking about vanquishing Natalie if they had he chance it was funny to see Piper like "don't tempt me" about it. I loved the vanquishing spell they came up with it was funny to hear when they finally put it all together. I loved that even though they did everything Natalie wanted them to do they still got beat and Natalie died. I liked that Leo came back though and took them up so they could save the elders.

This was a really good episode and I enjoy watching it.
  • The sisters must stop a warlock from executing his plan to steal specific powers from witches in his attempt to kill every whitelighter in the world.If they lose he will become even more powerfull.

I thought this was an absolutely great episode it was really really funny. Natalie acted like she was in charge all the time and it was funny when her a leo started speaking in those weird clicks and stuff> piper and prues faces were hilarious and prue was like " whitelighterese?". The training scene was great and the episode seemed to be finished in no time at all that was how great i thought it was. I don't know about all the other people but this was my favourite ever episode and deserves a 10 out of 10 i really like the writer that wrote the episode.
  • Once again i don't really like this episode.

Once again i don't really like this episode. I hate Nataile and how she has to follow every rule. And has to take over Leo's spot to help the charmed who don't really follow her rules anyway. I do love there secret langauge which is click and claking noise. It's funny. I hate how leo and Nataile talk at the same thing and say the same thing. Maybe i just don't like Natalie because the harmed ones don't like her. This episode is a lot about following the rules and that you should follow them.
  • The Rules Breaking Charmed Ones Save The Elders Again!!!

Leo's whitelighter friend Natalie arrives and interferes with the Charmed Ones lives This is one of the best episodes of Charmed ever! It is definitely one of my favorites!

I found this episode really funny, especially Piper and Prue! Natalie was really annoying in a funny way.

Anyway, Leo's whitelighter friend Natalie comes to see the Charmed Ones after her charge is killed by a demon, Eames. Natalie is bossy and drives Prue, Piper and Phoebe crazy. Those annoying Elders believe that Leo is letting his emotions get in the way of his judgment so they ask Natalie what she thinks. In the end, Natalie dies by Eames (the warlock), and even though the Sisters and we do not like Natalie at first, we feel great sadness when she dies. This suggests that despite her annoying loyalty to those Self Righteous Elders, we grow to appreciate her by the end of the Episode. Also, Piper and Leo's engagement becomes official when the Elders take them off "probation". This is a very poignant Episode about showing that Evil does not play by any Rules, and getting stuck in a quagmire of Rules in battle can cost you your life. Yes, Rules are important, but one has to think outside the box in order to defeat Evil in this eternal chess match.
  • I really like this episode it shows how the charmed ones come together also for the people who started watching charmed at the end of the series, it shows piper and leo before happier times.

I really LOVE this episode it shows the charmed ones budding together, but not just for themselves, but also for piper. It was funny how much they REALLY dis liked nathalie in the begining of the show slowly their fondness gor her grew but didnt thrive. I think it was good that nathalie died because then the charmed ones were able to fight harder. Piper and leo had some bumps along the way(as in previous episodes) but they got it together. I like the irony of when piper said "If there's one thing I learned as a Halliwell it's you don't keep secrets from the ones you love" and than Phoebe walked in. I have nothing really to say about Prue except she is AWESOME!!! Also, this is one of my favorite episodes!!!!!!
  • Leo's whitelighter friend Natalie arrives and interferes with the Charmed Ones lives

This is one of the best episodes of Charmed ever! It is definitely one of my favourites!

Anyway, Leo's whitelighter friend Natalie comes to see the Charmed Ones after her charge is killed by a demon, Eames. Natalie is bossy and drives Prue, Piper and Phoebe crazy. The Elders believe that Leo is letting his emotions get in the way of his judgement so they ask Natalie what she thinks. Piper is really jealous of Natalie because of all the time her and Leo spend together and spends most of the episode pissed off at Leo. In the end, Natalie dies by Eames (the demon) and Piper and Leo's engagement becomes official when the Elders take them off "probation".

10/10!
  • When Leo's whitelighter friend, Natalie, comes to help the Charmed Ones vanquish a warlock named Eames who has strategically killed witches for their certain powers to fulfill his "master plan", the sisters must protect more than just themselves.

Eames, a warlock, has collected up certain powers in an attempt to do some major damage in the magical world. After being warned of this new threat, the Charmed Ones must listen to Natalie, Leo's fellow whitelighter, despite the strong dislike that they feel for her.

In this episode, Phoebe confesses to Leo that she didn't actually kill Cole/Belthazor, although she was hoping for a better or more supportive reaction than she got. However, she doesn't tell her sisters.

The sisters learn how bad things could be for them if Leo made them follow rules constantly, and are happy that he is also their friend after getting a taste of what having a whitelighter with a rulebook could be like.

I want to learn how to speak whitelighterese!
  • One of the best episodes of the all series.

In a well written episode, in one of the best year of Charmed, this episode shows how The Charmed Ones was really powerfull on this season.In this episode appears Natalie an old whitelighter friend of Leo, She goes after The Charmed Ones after a warlock named Eames destroy her charge and then he gets her powers, Actually what Eames really wants is to get a crossbow of a darklighter to get the power of orb, to go and finish with the all Whitelighters and the Elders, because without whitelighters the witches get vunerable and then he can destroy all of them.Piper gets really jealous of how Natalie and Leo are close.In a very funny episode with decents plots ,this episode is one of my favorite episodes ever of Charmed.
  • The first time we get to see some more of Leo's life. Whitelighter Natalie comes to help the sister fight off a Warlock with the goal to get up there, to spread mayhem and kill Elders and Whitelighters.

The first time I saw this episode I didn’t really care much about it. It was just an average episode, nothing special. But whenever I rewatch the episode, I realize that it’s pure genius. It’s one of the funniest episodes in Charmed history, but it also manages to bring up some great emotions and it shows the complexity of the series.

Leo and Natalie is always fun to watch together, unregardless whether they talk their clickety-clack language, or just complete each other’s sentences. The sisters are hilarious when they’re reacting to Natalie’s character, and it’s interesting to see them slowly beginning to like her, even if they don’t want to admit it to themselves. Even if she really got onto your nerves, her death really was emotional and sad.

On top of that, the episode had a great plot line and showed us what made the Charmed ones so powerful. It’s all about emotion and instinct. Great epiosode.
  • Blinded by the Clickity-Clack

An intriguing insight into who exactly the Whitelighters are, Blinded by the Whitelighter is an effective, dark episode which, despite some issues with bad actors, succeeds in putting the sisters in a genuinely nerve-wracking situation.

The episode sees the sisters meeting Natalie, one of Leo's oldest Whitelighter friends, who warns them of coming attacks by the demon Eames, who has the power to deflect their powers. Whilst Natalie criticizes Leo's relationship with his charges, the sisters are forced to up their game in order to defeat one of their toughest enemies yet.

Moving along at a brisk pace, this episode features some excellent writing from Nell Scovell, who manages to mix some awesome humor (like the freakish Whitelighter "clickity-clack" language) with some really shocking darkness. The darkest moment is the death of Natalie. It was a risk to have her killed but it effectively raises the tension, something which rarely happens on Charmed.

The demon Eames is interesting and has a decent M.O. but the acting from Steve Valentine lets down his character. Valentine so overdoes his performance that his character eventually becomes a joke. It's sad as he could have been an excellent adversary for the sisters. But even that pales in comparison to the rest of the episode, which is one of the best of season three.

When we finally see "up there" and the sisters are dressed in their Whitelighter robes, it's a really exciting moment and the direction from David Straiton as the sisters vanquish Eames is masterfully done. The acting from the regulars is also pretty good, with Brian Krause finally getting his moment to shine and the sister's neither underplaying or overdoing their cockiness when around Natalie.

This is seriously one of the best season three episodes and one that needs to be watched if you have an insight into the characters that usually fade into the background of Charmed mythology, namely the Elders.

Director: David Straiton
    Writer: Nell Scovell
    Rating: A
  • When a warlock begins stealing powers from specific witches, the Charmed Ones, Leo, and a fellow Whitelighter Natalie, must figure out his game before it's too late.

First of all, how can you go wrong with an episode that includes the quote: \"Hey, you want to freeze me in bed for your own personal pleasure, that is fine, but freezing Natalie is not gonna make her or the Elders happy.\"

Second of all, it\'s just a great episode. It\'s funny, we get to see a bit of \"Up There,\" we meet another Whitelighter, it\'s got Dr. Nigel Townsend from \"Crossing Jordan,\" and the plot just can\'t be beat.

This is a classic Charmed episode and one of my personal favorites!
  • This episode is a great example of Charmed at its best! It's very funny, got the evil theme in it, and there's of course the whole Piper/Leo thing at the end!

I love this episode! This episode places whitelighters, and therefore witches, everywhere under threat. So what else is new, right? The Charmed Ones Save the World on a weekly basis, but this is different to the usual demon tries to take out the sisters, or darklighter tries to kill a couple Whitelighters; this combines both-A warlock named Eames is a warlock of strategy, a rare thing in the world of evil. He kills specific witches to gain the powers he needs; deflection, cloning, transmogrification. He uses these powers to kill a darklighter, to gain the power to kill a whitelighter. He then kills a Whitelighter to get the power to orb "up there". Once there he could wipe out all whitelighters, leaving all witches unprotected, but the Charmed Ones figure it out and destroy him, a la charmed ones!

The humour in this is quite amusing. Natalie gets appointed as the girls Whitelighter and is a hardfast believer in rules, something the sisters hate the concept of. As Natalie replaced Leo, the girls dislike her from the beginning. If you've seen it, you'll know what im talking about when i say that the practice fight scene in the alley is funny to say the least.

All in all, a great episode,one of the best of season 3!
  • the charmed ones are in trouble because a warlock is killing witches to get there powers and kill all whitelighters and they meet natalie who they start to hate upon meeting piper gets jealous because leo has a special bond with natalie

this is a really funny episodes and its one of my favourites my favourite bit is when piper freezes natalie and then walks out and unfreezes her then natalies confused and asks prue what happened and she goes \" piper froze ya \" and i like the part where pheobe goes \"if we dont vanquish the warlock can we vanquish natalie instead\" and piper goes \"dont tempt me\"
  • A warlock is killing witches to kill their whitelighters. Will he succeed??

A whitelighter came down to talk to Leo about a warlock trying to get rid of all the whitelighters so he can get rid of the witches of the world. Becaus if he gets rid of the whitelighters the witches would be left unprotected. She tells Leo that attendance for the meetings they have are mandotory and Leo says unless a charge is in need, he tells her he had to heal Piper's finger.
    She doesn't buy that it was an emergancy. Her real reason for being there was to keep an eye on them to see if they could get married or not. When the elders figure out the warlocks plan they call back all of the whitelighters except Leo and the other whitelighter. When the warlock injures a witch, Leo feels her pain and it is almost too much for him to handle so he goes up with the other whitelighter letting the other whitelighter take over.
    They play by her rules and she dies so they break all the rules when leo comes back, goes up to "Elderland" and kills him up there. At the end of the episode, we find out Piper and Leo can get married now.