Charmed

Blinded by the Whitelighter

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 25, 2001 on The WB

• The first time we get to see some more of Leo's life. Whitelighter Natalie comes to help the sister fight off a Warlock with the goal to get up there, to spread mayhem and kill Elders and Whitelighters.

The first time I saw this episode I didn’t really care much about it. It was just an average episode, nothing special. But whenever I rewatch the episode, I realize that it’s pure genius. It’s one of the funniest episodes in Charmed history, but it also manages to bring up some great emotions and it shows the complexity of the series.

Leo and Natalie is always fun to watch together, unregardless whether they talk their clickety-clack language, or just complete each other’s sentences. The sisters are hilarious when they’re reacting to Natalie’s character, and it’s interesting to see them slowly beginning to like her, even if they don’t want to admit it to themselves. Even if she really got onto your nerves, her death really was emotional and sad.

On top of that, the episode had a great plot line and showed us what made the Charmed ones so powerful. It’s all about emotion and instinct. Great epiosode.