Charmed

Charmed Again (1)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 2001 on The WB

• Prue is gone, Paige is in and Shaks looks likes he's wearing pyjamas...

6.4
    I quite like this as an episode that has the very difficult task of replaing a main character. The whole premise of Charmed is the Power of Three so when Shannen Doherty decided to storm out at the end of series 3 never to return the key element of the show was lost. Luckily the writers had already written a story about their mothers affair with her whitelighter Sam, originally probably just to reflect Leo and Pipers relationship but it has turned out very useful to introduce Rose believably......... That is as belivably as three sisters who run round battling demons and dating angels and, well demons can be.

My main criticism of this episode is how it started. I realise that they could not film anymore of Shannen Doherty (trying desperately not use a rude word here) but I do think that they ignored a lot of what they set up at the end of series 3.

I've always thought that they could have done moments after the scene by getting Leo to appear heal Piper and not be able to heal Prue. They could have easily avoided showing Prues face, have Piper throw a hissy fit and then go save Phoebe and then done the Charmed Again storyline in the next 2 episodes of thee season. This may just be me but it bugs me that Phoebe was about to be killed in the underworld at the end of 'All Hell Breaks loose' and is just in the Manor at the beginning of this one. I know they hint that her and Cole managed to escape but I don't like gaps and there are ways round a stroppy actors surely.

Although this is a well crafted episode in many ways so good recovery people!!