Charmed

Charmed Again (2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 2001 on The WB

• Paige can't accept she is a witch and runs away to the Church she was found in. Meanwhile the source uses a 48 hour window to try to turn her evil

7.9
    Still a little too melodramatic for my tastes and yet just ever so slightly better than the last episode. Part of this comes from the fact that the source goes on the offensive himself, a major risk on his part, surely. He posseses Paige's boyfriend and persuades her to attack a man who she believes is abusing his Children. Ah yeah did I mention, Paige is a lower ranked social worker.

There are little elements in this spisode which I really liked and could be built on nicely. Paige going back to the church she was found in is a very good scene. The Nun in particular describing Sam and Patty as Angelic is extremely well played. The religious side is something that is rarely played on in Charmed, I've got a feeling that it is not going to go much further but having the Nun as a recurring character would be an interesting direction to take. Also the scene when Paige discovers her orbing telikinesis with the girls in the Church is good.

The source is an interesting bad, downplayed in grandiose majesty from last season his directness is refreshing. Most big bads sit in the shadows sending their minions in, not him it seems. I don't like his posh accent presentation much but that can be forgiven. The get off the floor film rewind thing is cliqued though.

Phoebe breaks down in this episode finally and Paige seems ever more the older sister for comforting her. Just like last episode this is a sudden change around for the character and I like it. She still seems slighly bitter about Paige as well which will hopefully be a good thing for her character.

Detective Cortez who has been shimmered to the hell pit by Cole (very funny and yet mis-guided on his part) is saved and brought back to earth by Leo only to crusade on exposing the Haliwells. It takes Leo to save his life for him to accept that he was wrong. I don't know if Cortez will ever appear again and if he doesn't then I'm sure he's enjoying himself off in Timbuktu. What's the weather like out there by the way I've never been there before?

So now we have the power of 3 again, hopefully Paige will develop nicely as a character this season.
TNT