Charmed

Charrrmed!

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 03, 2004 on The WB

• Rrrrr!! Should Make Dem Writers Walk the Plank!

Charrrmed!-When Paige encounters Captain Black Jack Cutting, an 18th century pirate in search of the Fountain of Youth, the curse on his life becomes her problem. Meanwhile, Leslie manipulates a contest in order to spend time with Phoebe, Leo fights with the creature that caused him to kill an Elder, and a mysterious federal agent comes to town to investigate the Halliwells.

God, Charmed has some of the dumbest episode titles during the later years and this is definately one of them. "Charrrmed" (Wow, I wonder how the writers came up with that one!) sees the sisters up against some pirates who are trying to find the Fountain of Youth. This is the part where I usually say "Pirates? How silly and ridiculous!!" But considering the writers have done everything from fairies to nymphs to mummies, so why not pirates!? But like with the introduction of Magic School, "Charrrmed" is yet another rip-off from the writers to capitalize on the Pirates of the Carribean frachise, how else do you explain theJohnny Deppreference!! Anyway, the whole plot is as corny as you'd expect as all thepiratesespecially Captain Black Jack Cutting.Far from Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook and closer to some Saturday morning catroon villain. The whole dilemma with Paige aging is played mostly for laughs so you really don't care and the only interesting part in the story is when Piper and Phoeb break into a museum to steal the golden chalice. The SFX work was really great during that scene, especially when Piper blows up the glass around the cup and freezes it at the same time.

This episode also introduces us to Agent Brody, played by Dawson's Creek star Kerr Smith. What we see from him this episode doesn't really give us a sense of his character, but it does seem he will have a lasting impression of the characters this season. Oh and what do you know, Phoebe sleeps with Lesley! Like we didn't see that coming. I swear,,,what's the point, they guys just gonna leave her anyway and Phoebe gonna open her legs again to some other guy just to find "the one"! Anyway, a rather poor episode that's all gimick, nothing more to say here.