Charmed

Chris-Crossed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 2003 on The WB

• Finally we find out why chris came back from the future.

5.4
    This episode was in many ways a very good one. The actors gave it their very best, Piper accepting her sisters needs and herselves and a little less diaper changing made this episode a relief from past ones.

For those of you who have been reading my past reviews it will be understandable that I am nevertheless frustrated over the turn the whole Chris stroryline took. I thought that Chris was Future-Wyatt. This would have explained a lot of things. As it is now we have more questions than answers yet I don't have the feeling that the writers are going to be a lot of help on these.

For instance: Why would the Elders assign the Charmed Ones to a Whitelighter without healing powers? Why would Chris want Leo to leave the family if he described him himself as the greatest source of good? If he changes the past so much how is it that the future is affected so little by it? In last seasons finale Chris stated that he came back to prevent the Charmed Ones from failing the Titans thus leading the future into despair and hell. Piper vanquishes the Titans within a second and still the future looks awful. A lot of unanswered question that will possibly remain that way.

On the other hand future Wyatt has become evil. He was born in the Manor just as Pheobe was and we learned already that this means they can be both evil or good anytime. (Which is different to Paige or Piper who had a 24-hour window to choose sides or who had to be put under a spell) And if his Mother died because she refused to use evil powers for good it might be understandable what Wyatt does. It is however not quite understandable why the future he dominates has to be dark and full of death why witches are persecuted and why he is not the King of Camelot.
    Plus Piper wanted to make sure her son was good by doing a so-called wiccaning. And Wyatt would stil have his father even when his mother was killed. So the writers still have a lot of explaining to do.
    No buts this time...