Charmed

Chris-Crossed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 2003 on The WB

• Chris goes back to the future...then back to the past again.

Having managed to avoid any spoliers for season 6, I spent the episodes before this one in heated debate with myself over the true identity of Chris. Much to my dismay the writers seemed intent on keeping anything about him tightly under wraps but Chris Crossed finally gave me something to go on!

In this episode, Chris found himself under the attack of Bianca, a Phoenix sent back from the future by his enemy to drag him back to his own time who also happens to be Chris' finacee.

We are taken on a thrilling journey filled with flashbacks that allow us to gain a little insight on Chris' life and his relationship with Bianca. It allows us to empathise with the previously more mysterious whitelighter and fully understand why he had to travel back to 2004.

Among the shocking revelations made in this episode are the facts that Chris is really only half-whitelighter and is actually a half-witch and that Wyatt is the great evil in the future that Chris came back to save Wyatt from (if that makes sense.)

The familiarity between Chris and Wyatt in the future, epecially the line, "Of all the people to betray me," suggests that Chris is either a Halliwell or a Matthews but then again it could just be a coincidence.

Seeing this softer side of Chris blew the entire season wide open, showing that Chris is in the past with good intentions but will the sisters realise this and figure out who he really is? I hope so, cause then they can tell me! This really was a fantastic episode, probably the best in the series! More episodes like this needed at once.