Charmed

Dead Man Dating

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 28, 1998 on The WB

• "A loveless world is a dead world."

Okay, there are basically 3 sub plots and the main one here. Mark and Piper's relationship, Andy and Prue's relationship, Phoebe's fortune-telling, and Prue's birthday.

Andy and Prue's relationship is just a basic will she, won't she. Nothing really needed to be resolved in this plot, as it's a seasonal arc, unlike with Piper and Mark.

Phoebe's is a basic save-the-innocent story. Although, I assume the point here was to strengthen the relationship between Prue and Phoebe, which, for all intents and purposes, it achieved.

The birthday plot seemed to exist solely to keep Prue from going away with Andy. I don't see why they didn't just drop the going away plot and come up with some other way to further their relationship.

I absolutely loved the relationship between Mark and Piper, it was very well done. Some of the exchanges they had were beautiful. It was interesting watching their relationship develop as the episode went along. I liked the mock-kiss scene, and I thought it was a lot more meaningful than if they'd just kissed normally. Another reason I think the birthday storyline should have been dropped is because it completely ruined and negated how upset they showed Piper at Mark's funeral when she had to say goodbye.

The other minor issue I have is the bad direction outside the Police Department, cutting from person to person so fast it's dizzying.

Overall I really liked this episode, mainly due to the relationship between Piper and Mark. If only they gave Phoebe's relationships-of-the-week, that we've become accustomed to from Season Five and up, this much depth and emotion.