Charmed

Desperate Housewitches

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 16, 2005 on The WB

• The Source of All Butchery

2.5

Desperate Housewitches-Wyatt's school play brings out the competitive nature in Piper when her hand-sewn costume & parenting abilities are criticized by another mother. However things go from bad to worse, because this Stepford-like mother is actually a demon in disguise bent on kidnapping Wyatt in a plot to resurrect the Source. Meanwhile, Paige spies Dex with another woman, and despite Phoebe's objections, butts in.

Is it just me or did the writers suffer from some kind of selective memory loss this season!? Cause honestly how does a line like Paige asking Piper and Phoebe how they vanquished the Source make it into a script!!!? O_0 You're telling me in an episode where the writing references Cole, Richard, Tempus, Zankou and brings back the sisters' greatest villain but the writers can't seem to remember the simple fact that Paige was there and helped her sisters vanquish the Source back in Season 4!! What kinda stupidity is that?! And don't tell me that line was suppose to besarcasticcause Rose McGowan delivers that line as dull as dirt! Not only shame on the writers, but on Rose McGowan now speaking up and saying "Hey! That line makes absolutely no sense and a disastrous plothole!" To make matters worse, when the Source is resurrected, his vanquished again just as fast. Piper's excuse also makes no sense because it was Wyatt's power that brought back the Source, not the possessing demon!! *HEADDESK UNTIL HEAD TRAUMA!*

The rest of the episode? Where do I begin?! Paige is offrunningPhoebe's love life by posing as Dex's ex-girlfriend, Phoebe continues obsessing over Dex, a guy who's about as interesting as this episode itself, Piper is stuck in an episode of "Desperate Housewives" and Billie and Leo masquerade as demons by wearing the tackiest, trashiest clothes that I've ever seen! What more is there to say? Typical Charmed! At this point, I swear the three leads are seeing this show a merely a job, a means of getting a paycheck as the writers give these women very..and I mean VERY little to work with each week. It's a shame the Source couldn't stick around as final villain for the sisters. Instead, what's to come is probably the most anti-climatic, laughable main villains I've ever seen. Season 8 in all it's lack ofqualitypeople!