Charmed

Engaged and Confused

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2006 on The WB

• Engaged and Confused

Engaged and Confused was another perfectly charming episode of Charmed. I really enjoyed watching this entertaining episode because there was a lot of character and plot development as Paige and Henry grew closer and Billie continued fighting to save her sister. There was lots of magic, action, and intrigue. I liked how every thing played out and I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • For 8 years, the Charmed Ones have been the most powerful witches there are, something the whole series is based on. This episode, that changes and now a retard (Billie) is the most powerful witch ever! I'm sure that's exactly what every fan wants!

This episode was disgusting. I really don't see how the Charmed Ones can just randomly be put below Billie and Christy in terms of power. Is this show trying to make us hate it so much we'll all be glad it won't be coming back? Seriously, how are we supposed to even think for one second that Christy is some key (Buffy anyone?) and Billie is the "ultimate power"? The whole line of Halliwell witches has led to the Charmed Ones, as we've been told for years. Now some reject sisters, one of which was tacky leather queen during the first few episodes this season, and one who was just introduced LAST WEEK, are all of a sudden more powerful than the Charmed Ones? No, that's just ridiculous, it ruined the whole episode, along with any dignity the show had left.

The only good part about this episode was how the sisters worked together to vanquish (2/3's of) the Triad, just like the good old days. And it was actually intense for once! The sisters were actually going against demons that they weren't sure they would beat! Nice job there, that's something we haven't seen in awhile.

But of course there has to be a trash side-plot with Phoebe since she's useless. Cupid did absolutely nothing except for be annoying throughout the episode. His absence could have paid the bill for an old character (Penny or Patty maybe?) to come back for an episode. And I like how Sam wasn't even at Paige's wedding - nice father she has! I mean, who cares about their daughter's wedding? Not Sam! And I really think Victor could have made an appearance too. No he's not related to her, but still, it would have been nice. Too nice for this show I guess.

I still can't believe this show is trying to say that BILLIE is the ultimate power. I'm going to go bang my head against a wall for an hour now so I don't have to think about that anymore.
  • Some poor fool marries Paige, Coop makes an appearance, and the Triad becomes the Third in one episode. Wow, slow down.

Hahaha... maybe instead of making this all into one episode, they should have junked the last 3 episodes and replaced them with a longer, multi-episode version of this. Let me just get this out of the way first thing while people are still maybe taking me seriously. The first scene in the episode is a personal favorite of mine. Marnette Patterson in lingerie is enough to start a fire on its own. So, let me say this for the last time- CHRISTIE IS HOT.

Christie is revealed as evil, working with the Triad, only one episode after her entrance onto the show. Absolutely no surprise there. In fact, it is a little ludicrous that the sisters can't tell she is evil. However, it is consistent with the rest of the series considering how many times the sisters have been possessed or imitated and none of them noticed. Amazingly, the Triad are confronted and destroyed only one episode after they were introduced. The battle against them was rather quick and easy, though at least it was original. On the other hand, the Triad are not the big bad, so why waste any extra time on them? The stop time affect at the end was cool, though seemingly a little far-fetched since 2 of the 3 Triad were just disposed of so easily.

I like the whole Coop arc. I like the character. I like the actor, and Phoebe marrying a Cupid makes complete sense. They have their inevitable not getting along at first, which is the sure sign of a showmance, except in Piper and Leo's case, who might be one of the only couples in TV history who actually got along from their very first scene together.

As for Paige and Henry, their arguments made complete sense considering that is what Henry has to look forward to for the rest of their marriage. Anyone who has read my reviews should know I'm a huge Paige fan, but seriously, that character has no business being married. Since Henry is a normal guy, not an angel, I would expect their marriage to last 8 months, tops. Paige is far too independent-minded and typically self-centered to be married. When Henry got off the phone with Paige and said, "Yes, ma'am." I laughed and joked that he better get used to saying that. You would think in the longest running show centered on female leads that one of them could get by without getting married, which Paige clearly should have been the one, but hey, I don't have a problem with it. Happy for them. Just saying it is surprising.

Anyway, the wedding was well done, even if a little rushed. Reviewers complaining about Patti and Grams not being there must be off their rockers. This is a wedding with a mortal person, including his mortal family. Obviously, you can't have ghosts as part of the ceremony. It is true that Victor or Sam could have been there though. I'll forgive production that.
  • TWISTED SISTER

Twisted sister

An action packed hour full of twists and turns, and one which moves the season arc along nicely. This is more the Charmed we know. Just wish it didn't feel quite so rushed.

So it turns out Christy has been putting on a bit of an act. It was kind of obvious she'd be evil but it's still a good twist. Just think, if she drags Billie down with her they might both get vanquished! Marnette Patterson puts in a fine performance and I really like her kickarse sequence in the cave. She's going to be a good villain.

I'm surprised the Triad (or two thirds of them) were written out quite so soon. Still, it was an imaginative vanquish and I liked that the three sisters had to work together for it - just like the good old days. I also don't have a problem with Billie being the ultimate power; I just think of her as the ultimate evil power. This doesn't make her more powerful than the Charmed Ones. In fact, it's stated several times that the Triad need the Jenkins sisters even to have a chance of taking on the Charmed Ones. I was really disappointed with the wedding. Not because it was done badly but because it was about a year too early. They only met eight episodes ago for heaven's sake! Besides, there's no way they'd get permission to be married by a minister at twenty-four hours' notice. They should have saved the wedding for the finale. Paige deserves better than this.

At least Phoebe has something to do this week. Coop is a whole lot less annoying than the last cupid she met and I have a feeling he'll be sticking around. Oh, and will someone please give that damn kid a haircut. He looks like a frigging girl.

Score: 9.1
  • Piper organizes an engagement party for Paige and Henry but the turns into a wedding. Phoebe discovers a strange man following her but soon learns he is actually Cupid. More demons want Christy.

Great episode! Coop is hot! I don't know why Phoebe is ignoring him. I wish Billie didn't have to turn against her sister and be with demons. The triad kinda seemed week against the Charmed Ones which is weird because I thought they would do better against them. Paige and Henry sure rushed their wedding. I wouldn't want mine rushed but I wouldn't want it like a year later.
  • The wedding of Paige and Henry and Christy's dark side is revealed.

7.2
    Anyone else find the wedding kinda random? i mean Henry's not even been in Charmed long. I think he should have appeared earlier in the season tbh. Or maybe been an old flame of Paige's/been in an earlier season. The rushed marrige just doesn't seem like something Charmed would do.
  • Paige gets cold feet about her upcoming wedding, Phoebe is stalked by the most irritating character since the introduction of Billie, and the Big Bad reveals itself, being.. not The Triad.

5.1
    Despite the fact that it is hardly Charmed as in its heydays, the main plotline definitely works. The big bad of each season has always been interesting, and the Triad/Christy story is quite intriguing, though somewhat corny. Charmed tends to make up new ultimate evil/power/good constantly without likening them to previous evils/powers/goods (do I need to mention Billie being the ultimate power, totally contradicting Melinda Warren's initial prediction about the Charmed Ones being something like that). In this case the Triad - who in deed are powerful, but initially were no more powerful than Cole could take them out. The Source, at least, could only be vanquished by the Charmed Ones using the power of the entire family line combined. But, who cares, really. The Triad are working it in this episode, and there was genuine suspense when the sisters orbed into Magic School to battle them. That was definitely the highlight of this episode, although it was somewhat disappointing that Piper, as always, was able to kill one by repeatedly using her exploding power on him. Coop has got be the most infuriating new asset that Charmed has seen for a long time. Or rather since Billie emerged in her black wig. This is classic Charmed focusing on Phoebe's love life, Phoebe who has not had a boyfriend for a little while, and therefore desperately needs the Elders to actually care enough to assign a Cupid solely to restore her faith in love. I personally would have preferred the series ending by Phoebe enjoying her life as a single, for this plotline's sole function is telling teenage girls out there that they are nothing without a succesful relationship. Quoting Phoebe: 'Cole was my longest relationship, how pathetic is that?' That is just downright despicable. Coop himself is very, very annoying, probably because of his tedious attempts to lead Phoebe to her path.. eh, once again. Yawn.

Paige's wedding was rather beautiful, though also rather rushed. Rose McGowan's performance was brilliant, but I simply didn't care enough for Henry yet to feel exhilirated. The Christy plotline is the most interesting, and luckily also the main one. Patterson does a very good job, though she is a little too pretty and her hair a little too perfect for someone with her background. Billie is as always just plain annoying and too blonde for words. She is way too attached to this sister that she hasn't seen for fifteen years - she ought to be totally alienated, and yet Billie acts as protective and caring as Piper probably would if they discovered Prue being held captive by demons, as though only a relatively short time had elapsed, yet Billie has spent 75% of her life without Christy.

All in all, a well written episode with some interesting plot development. Keep it up, Charmed.
  • I don't know, I don't know! The title say "confused"... I guess that is a good title...

I see the episode and I don't know if it's a good one or not.

The part of the story "go against the Triad" is quite good: The effects and the battle is original. The atack of the Demons is aswell and the whole Christy in the cave too. I guess the thing that anoy me is the whole we go to the Triad without prepare ourself! It so ridicule... It makes no sense go to a fight just relaying in her powers. They should have never done that! Why the demon blow ups, they usually don't (even less powerful than the triad) I know that the power of the triada come to the trio but makes no sense that killing one the other can be blow up! It just should debilitate the colective! And why the freezing thing... Phoebe said "they upper level demons so they won't be frozen too much" The **** upper level demon NEVER freeze!! I hate when they change the rules becuse the want to!

The part of the sisters lifes is not what I expected... I didn't like Paige at the beginning od the episode, I always love Rose's acting but here I din't. And the episode seemed to have a empty that makes me wonder if I like it or not! I love the whole "cave" thing: Was so original see how demons eat!! Great idea!

So... why I should give the episode a 8??? Becuse the great and perfect camera job! I think that the episode has one of the best job of filming of the season. We see a good photography and a great filming. We have scenes with a good "angle" for exemple the scene when they orb back to the manor after killing the triad (the one shot since the stirs) and the whole mirror plays (The sometimes do it) And when the camera goes down to the triad, to the sofa... it's a great one! We have a original acting to make the episode better: I said I didn't like Paige at the begining but at the end I loved her: The scene Paige-Henry is awesome and I love the filming of the scene too. The sets are original too (the cave for exemple)

If you wanna see a great episode in the whole field of filming, this is the one. But the story is kinda poor is a enjoyable episode. The puntuation a 8
  • Perfect !

Piper organizes an engagement party for Paige and Henry, but the wedding is put in jeopardy when the couple begin to get cold feet. Phoebe notices a strange man following her, and soon discovers that he is Cupid. Meanwhile, a demon kidnaps Christy in order to lure The Charmed Ones into attacking the Triad and prevent them from taking over the Underworld.
  • One Of The Best Episodes From Season Eight.

Engaged and Confused is one of the best episodes from charmed season eight. We find out that Christy is evil and that she's trying to turn Billie evil and that she is also working with the triad. This episode is really good and you wonder how much powers Christy really had. My favourite part of the entire episode is when The charmed ones are fighting the triad and it's interesting to see them not using potions to vanquish their enemies. The end scene were Paige and Henry got married was also really good. Overall: This is a really good episode.
  • A Decent Episode.

Engaged and Confused is not my favorite episode ever but it is a really good episode for this horrible season, In this episode a lot of things happen like The Charmed Ones destroy the Triad, and Paige's wedding.This is a very special episode in my opinion because this season was extremelly boring with this Billie story, and this episode focused more on the three sisters.One thing that I didn't like was this Triad back, I mean the story editors of Charmed could not even make a new villian, this season they already bring back the Source that was a great idea, but unfortunately the episode really disappointed.The writer of this episode Jeanine Renshaw make a good entertaing hour of Charmed, but in the battle with The Triad should had more action, but at least this episode was good, for this idiot season.
  • Charmed Wedding!

I loved this episode soooo much! Christy learns manners (finally) and Paige and Henry turn their engagement into a wedding!!!!!!! In this episode the character of Coop is introduced... wonder what\'ll happen between him and phoebe... anyways, i loved thsi episode, and now all of the charmed ones have been married, prue (in a dark manner in season 3) Piper (to leo) and Phoebe (to cole in season 4 and dex in season 8) and now PAIGE AND HENRY!!! omg they make such a cute couple. this episode was perfect! and i loved paige\'s wedding dress! it was soooo ammazing. best episode of the season so far!
  • Despite what is said in other reviews, this was a great hour, filled with humour, excitement, some great new plot twist and character development and an interesting vanquish. One of the best this season.

First off, I would like to discuss Paige and Henry. They have throughout the season had chemistry like no other Charmed couple, and whenever they’re in a scene together, they blossom. This episode featured more and better Henry/Paige time than ever, and the two actors, as well as the two characters, were amazingly perfect. Their little argument in the street was adorable and I sat in my chair and giggled to myself. Their wedding was even better, and Rose looked absolutely stunning. The wedding didn’t even seem rushed. It felt right. And I also liked that Paige got to be the sister, whose wedding didn’t end or begin with a disaster. She is the only of the Halliwell sisters, whose wedding went smoothly. I take off my hat for Paige and Henry, the best thing about Season 8.

After that, I would like to discuss the matter of Christy. As it turns out, Marnette Patterson is not only a good actress (to my big surprise), but Christy is also looking to be a great character. It’s nice to see some character with depth, and the fact that she’s evil is something I really like. It’s opening up some great new storylines, and the direction of the Season as well as the Billie story is getting better and better. I don’t, however, like the idea that Billie is “The Ultimate Power”. No one besides the Charmed ones, or their babies, are allowed to have that title. Speaking of Billie, her character is slowly getting better and more interesting now that she’s more level-headed and calm. My guess is that Christy will turn Billie evil, and the two Jenkins sisters will be the Big Bad. I don’t know if Kaley is enough of a good actress to pull it off. Only time will tell, but I’m certainly looking forward to seeing it.

The demons of the episode were standard Charmed: Boring, predictable and portrayed by bad actors. The Triad was dull, but at least their vanquish was original and thought through. Not the usual, run in and hope for the best.

And now for Cupid. I really liked the actor, and he actually had some chemistry with Alyssa, but I can’t help like feeling I’m watching re-runs. I’m not speaking of a useless hunk coming and flirting with phoebe, and then leaving for no apparent reason. No, I’m talking about the charming guy coming in, flirting with Phoebe and telling her not to give up on love, and then leaving. First we had the other cupid in Season 2, and then Drake. It’s like they’re redoing storylines, just to keep us interested, but I’m getting tired of it. I’m hoping for something more original with this guy.

All in all, this was a great episode. It was exciting, funny and it featured some major character and story development. I’m really looking forward to seeing the development of the Billie/Christy story line. Good work, writers. And Good work Rose.
  • Paige and Heary were fiting becuse Paige was geting cold feet so Piper made Paige see that it is normal to get cold feet becuse she got colg feet. Pheabe had some promble herself this guy coop was faling her than she found out that it was coop

Paige and Heary were fiting over ever little thing. Paige got cold feet so she was talking to Piper than Piper made her seen that it was ok. Pheabe had prombles herself. This guy Coop was falling her. than she had found out that the Elders send hem becuse they found out that she was having a hard time fing love. Then the sisters found out that the powerfulest demon was alive so they made a plan and they killed two of them becuse there was 3 then Paige and Heary got marred and it was a happy, lovly day
  • gr8 episode,see review 4 plot summary.

Piper organizes an engagement party for Paige and Henry, but the wedding is put in jeopardy when the couple begins to get cold feet. Phoebe notices a strange man following her, and soon discovers that he is Cupid. Meanwhile, a demon kidnaps Christy in order to lure The Charmed Ones into attacking the Triad and prevent them from taking over the Underworld.

GREAT EPISODE-A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    paige n henry-gr8
    piper n phoebe-pretty
    leo-:( sadly not there
    wyatt n chris-cute

• In Quoting

"it is stated that good witches don't freeze. When the last remaining Triad member shimmers in and begins to discuss Billie with Christy, he freezes Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Billie (who are all good witches)"

the concept is still there the fact that good witches dont freeze meaning each other, right i mean if pipers powers are good and she can freeze demons why cant a demon have evil powers that freeze good witches. it would be the opposite of pipers power , you know?
  • we get to see that christy is not what she apperears to be and paige gets married!

The seaseon is finally pciking up and getting better every episode. This episode included so many great things I do not know where to start! Firstly the christy storyline has definatley gotten off its feet and I am officialy dieing to see what happens next, but even though she is evil, I couldn't stop myself from laughing when she found the corkscrew! One of the funniest moments of the season! But of course she wasn't the main point to this episode. Paige is officially married to henry after realising she better do it sooner rather than later! It was a great wedding definatley up to the standard of Pipers! One thing I didnt like though (Dont ask me why) was the fact that paige picked up wyatt after she kissed henry. It was supposed to be a moment about her not wyatt! That beig said it was a great epsidoe!!!
  • Dis episode was fun to watch, has we finally start to find out the truth bout wat is goin on with christy and we see paige marrying henry:)sweet!

WOW,i realy liked dis episode becuz we finally start to get 2 da truth bout christy and her abilities and now we kno dat billie is the ultimate power and the key 2 gettin leo back,i cnt wait 2 c how dat story pans out with da sisters,i would love to c a big cat fight between the sisters and billie and christy.Dat should be gud!

Awwwww and paige and henry getting,married and thought so good,dat make such a gud couple and i think wyatt and chris looked so adorable and sweet in dis episode.

Cnt wait 2c da rest!
  • Paige finally gets her own life...

Paige finally marries Henry in this episode, and boy am I glad to see it. Poor Paige has dated all these weirdos (ahem, Richard and Kyle) and now she's finally marrying a good guy :D

This means she'll probably be having some issues in the future relating to things such as:children, living in the manor, etc, but the series only has six more episodes, so hopefully we won't have to put up with too much more of it.

Oh my god! Christy's evil. Billie's the ultimate power! I never would have guessed! Note the sarcasm. It was very, very obvious from the start.

Then we have Coop. Well, he's no Cole, that's for sure. But it's also obvious that he's Phoebe's true love. Hello! Remember the episode in the past where Phoebe saw the apple peel with her true love's first initial? It was a "C" and she thought it was for Cole, but apparently it's Coop. Well, she can now LITERALLY be "in love with love"

A nice episode, just because of the Paige and Henry moments.
  • Confused, I am :)

7.7
    I still need to get used to the whole Billy-Christy idea, it wasn't a bad episode but it wasn't my favourite though...

When will Phoebe get her daughter? The audience is longing to that! :)

Charmed is a good serie, but maybe it's good they've put an end to it, to end in beauty!
  • Engaged and Confused

This episode was good, but it could have been better. There is far too much exposure on the parts of Billie and her sister. This show is about the sisters.

Since this is Paige's wedding, where is Penny, Patty, Sam, Victor and Darryl for that matter?

And as for Victor, how did he take it when he found out that Paige was Sam's daughter by Patty? They have never addressed this. It is just like it is a non-issue. There would have
    to be some fireworks to that revelation.

Back to topic, with all the demon fighting/chasing that the Halliwells have done throughout the years, they wouldn't be that stupid to Billie's sister. I would even know that something is off with her.

I got to think that they know more than what they want people to think they know when it comes to Billie's sister.

It could have been developed a little better, but it was still a fine episode.
  • Paige gets married as the Charmed Ones discover the Evil Triad is still alive. We also learn Billie is the key, not Christy.

This episode was pivotal simply because we saw Paige get married. In a way I feel her character was slighted here because there was no real preparation for her wedding. We didn\'t even have her father Sam walking her down the isle. The attention paid to Christy and Billie is annoying, I like the characters but they\'re getting too much screentime... the show is about the Halliwells.
  • A very special (and important, if you ask me) episode, with a very good storyline, no matter how much importance they gave to Billie and Christy.

Overall, a very good episode, with one of the most special (but way to forced) moments of the show history, a very good (but to short and simple) fight scene, and the introduction of the second cupid, who could actually be a good addition to the show (like Billy Zane), or turn out to be a very uninteresting character with no apparent resaon to exist (Nick Lachey... Jason Lewis...).

In spite of all the above, the wedding scene was very sweet, and no matter how forced it was, was truly touching and tender; let's do the math, shall we:

Acting: A very good performance from everyone, and that doesn't include Billie because she was pretty useless in this episode, so I'll give the acting 2 points out of 2.

I was gonna try to divide the plots in a and b, but I couldn't decide which one is the main plot, and which is the second (because they both seem to be more important than the other at some point), so I'll rate the plots together...

The engagement thing was very amusing, specially when Piper fights with the BRIDE herself, in ordert to mantain the engagement; very funny lines from Piper.

The twist in the Christy storyline was obvius, but it was decent, for me, it was.

The cupid thing seemed pretty lame, and I hope that it gets better, because I think it's a really good storyline to follow, no matter how obviously forced it is.

Overall, I give the story 2,7 points out of 3

Development of the story: the engagement thing was ok, even when the fights between Paige and Henry were pretty pointless; the twist of the Christy thing was obvius; and the fight with the triad was way to short even though it had some great special effects. I'll give the development 1,5 out of 2 points

Conclusion of the story: two of the triads members are killed, and the remaining one reveals to Christy that Billie is the ultimate power, and that she is the key to said ultimate power... predictable...

The wedding scene was just lovely, the wedding gown was beautiful, the bride was glowing, and the bridesmaids were stunning, and a sight of Chris was really refreshing, you know, he's alive...

The conclusiuon gets 2,5 out of 3 points.

This episode gets:

2+2,7+1,5+2,5= 8,7 points out of 10.

• Christy is revealed to the audience that she is working for/with evil. Piper tries to throw an engagement party for Paige who is showing very little feelings towards getting married. Cupid comes to help Pheobe.

4.2
    Yeah....not really feeling this episode. How in the world do they just get Paige engaged and then married in a matter of 4-5 episodes??? At least Cole was HOT and you could actually see that he was OBSESSED with Pheobe. With Henry, it was good to even put him on the screen!!!
    Besides, what is going on with Paige?? Why in the world would she want to get married?? Henry is a liability as a human. She isn't ready for marriage because if she were, she wouldn't thing Piper was obsessed with finding a way to get Leo back. She also would want to try to push Piper towards Greg the firefighter from the last episode. Yeah..this storyline SUCKED!!! I am not impressed.
    I have a feeling the writers are trying to marry off the sisters and tie up loose ends any way they can. An example would be how Cupid said that Pheobe's calculations were wrong when regarding her pregnancy. And, WOW, is this guy not HOT!!! Kinda wish he could help her out...LOL.
    Don't know what the writers are doing. Thanking them for finally finding Christy to shut Billie up. Sad that the Triad are back but interested in their real role. Hope the next episode is better!!!!
  • The sisters find out that the Triad are still alive

The sisters find out that the Triad are still alive

Piper is organising an engagement party for Paige, and it's up to Billie & Pheobe to teach Christy how to walk in high heels & proper table manners.

A strange *cute* man is following Pheobe, who for the first time ever doesn't even pay any attention to him, even Billie found it a little wierd. The strange man turns out to be a Cupid.

And the amazing discovery at the end of this episode, Christy is infact evil and is working with the Triad, and that she is not the ultimate power, Billie is! I just couldn't believe it.

Now it's clear why this whole season has been focusing on Billie & why she has all these powers that the sisters don't & why she is so powerful. Now the question is, will Christy be able to turn Billie into an evil witch?

Who or what is the big bad? Christy, the Triad, or maybe even Billie? Or all 3?

Now I really can't wait to find out more.

The episode ending with Paige & Henry's wedding was so ramantic & cute. I think this could be the first time that demons didn't attack *during* a wedding.
  • This is a very special episode paige gets mariried and Christy shows us hoow powerful her powers are. Then the sisters use a very smart plan to defeat the triad. Unfortunatly they dont get leo back yet.

This is a very special episode paige gets mariried and Christy shows us hoow powerful her powers are. Then the sisters use a very smart plan to defeat the triad. Unfortunatly they dont get leo back yet.This is a very special episode paige gets mariried and Christy shows us hoow powerful her powers are. Then the sisters use a very smart plan to defeat the triad. Unfortunatly they dont get leo back yet.
  • Goodbye Paige Matthews and hello Paige - What's her name?

Paige has finally found her love and how ironic it would be if he or she were to die this season. This episode however was very refreshing in how the episode was layed out. Building up to a fight from the beginning of the episode that was actually IN the episode - whereas usually in Charmed the fight will be saved until the final episode or a few episodes later.
    The Charmed Ones fight the Triad and the bigger focus on graphics and details becomes much more apparent for the last season in this episode.

Overall a really good episode, had a lot of action packed into the 40 minutes.

Watch It!
  • Fans are the ones confused.

3.1
    I think that they meant by the title that the cast are the ones confused, but I honestly think it was the fans that were confused. I know I was. It made no sense. One minute Christy's totally innocent and with the Charmed Ones and then she goes downstairs, calls the triad, and tells them that someone is trying to impersonate them. She's on their side! Evil's side! I mean she was raised by demons, but come on. It makes no sense. And then with Henry and Paige. Their all arguing and mad at each other and then Paige thinks she's gonna die going up against the Triad so she goes to Henry and apoligizes! Then they get married! Very Screwed up!
  • Stoopid Coop-id Seeks Phoebe's Loins

7.8
    Paige has evolved a lot since she first appeared on Charmed five years ago. When I first discovered that she would be getting married, I wasn't that happy. For one, I had never seen Paige as the marrying type and to hear that she was getting hitched before her man-obsessed sister seemed bizarre. Thankfully, Paige's choice of husband could not be better and their wedding in this episode was a classic Charmed moment.

Engaged and Confused sees Paige getting cold feet about her upcoming wedding to Henry. Meanwhile, the sisters discover that The Triad are back and believe this might be the final fight they were told about. They go into battle with the three demons but we soon discover that the Big Bad is somebody a little closer to home...

We discover this episode that the Big Bad isn't The Triad but in fact Christy, who's obviously been "turned" during her 15 years of captivity. We also learn that Billie is the Ultimate Power and Christy is the key to that power. I really dislike that Billie is this specific thing as it completely screws up the show. Couldn't the Ultimate Power be one of the sisters or something? I hate how that the final ever Charmed story arc will be centered on a blonde trainee witch who's only appeared in one season. It just really annoys me. They've made her more powerful than ALL of the Halliwell sisters, Wyatt and basically the entire Halliwell line put together. Way to ruin the message of the show Kern!

Christy is an intriguing character and I'm glad that they've hired an actress who's actually able to put across being all evil. I found it sorta weird though that she could remember all her 80's crushes last episode but can't remember how to use a knife and fork in this one. Hopefully she's just messing with their minds. If she is though, it doesn't bode well for convincing the audience that the sisters actually have brain cells...

I was slightly annoyed that The Triad were disbanded so quickly. It almost seems pointless to bring back a demon from the past and vanquish most of them after just two episodes. Maybe it was a last-minute story change? Who knows? At least we won't have to see their ridiculous robes anymore. Seriously, what was the costume designer thinking?

Paige and Henry's wedding was, as expected, awesome to watch. Both Rose McGowan and Ivan Sergei gave excellent performances and despite the ultimate TV cliché of soon-to-be-married couples ALWAYS getting cold feet, their storyline this episode really worked.

In a truly moronic subplot, Phoebe discovered that The Elders have sent Cupid to her so she could have a successful relationship with somebody. Whatever. The Elders ignore Piper's grieving and the coming battle because they believe Phoebe's loins are more important. Complete garbage.

Like every Charmed episode this season, there were problems but the majority of it was pretty good. I hate that Billie is now the biggest part of the magical mythology on this show but I am excited to see what Christy's gonna do next.

One more thing, the Charmed writers can't do drama, comedy or tension anymore but there's one thing they always do right: weddings.

Rating: B+
  • In this episode Paige is getting married and we find out, on which side Christy really is. Phoebe meets a strange man.

Seeing Paige finally getting married was nice. And I was really surprised by the fact that Christy is evil. I didn\'t expect that at all. Watching the last few episodes I was wondering when Phoebe is going to have her first baby. Now it looks like it will happen sooner or later. Iam really looking forward to what will happen next.
< 1 2