Charmed

Engaged and Confused

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2006 on The WB

• TWISTED SISTER

Twisted sister

An action packed hour full of twists and turns, and one which moves the season arc along nicely. This is more the Charmed we know. Just wish it didn't feel quite so rushed.

So it turns out Christy has been putting on a bit of an act. It was kind of obvious she'd be evil but it's still a good twist. Just think, if she drags Billie down with her they might both get vanquished! Marnette Patterson puts in a fine performance and I really like her kickarse sequence in the cave. She's going to be a good villain.

I'm surprised the Triad (or two thirds of them) were written out quite so soon. Still, it was an imaginative vanquish and I liked that the three sisters had to work together for it - just like the good old days. I also don't have a problem with Billie being the ultimate power; I just think of her as the ultimate evil power. This doesn't make her more powerful than the Charmed Ones. In fact, it's stated several times that the Triad need the Jenkins sisters even to have a chance of taking on the Charmed Ones. I was really disappointed with the wedding. Not because it was done badly but because it was about a year too early. They only met eight episodes ago for heaven's sake! Besides, there's no way they'd get permission to be married by a minister at twenty-four hours' notice. They should have saved the wedding for the finale. Paige deserves better than this.

At least Phoebe has something to do this week. Coop is a whole lot less annoying than the last cupid she met and I have a feeling he'll be sticking around. Oh, and will someone please give that damn kid a haircut. He looks like a frigging girl.

Score: 9.1