Charmed

Engaged and Confused

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 2006 on The WB

• Some poor fool marries Paige, Coop makes an appearance, and the Triad becomes the Third in one episode. Wow, slow down.

Hahaha... maybe instead of making this all into one episode, they should have junked the last 3 episodes and replaced them with a longer, multi-episode version of this. Let me just get this out of the way first thing while people are still maybe taking me seriously. The first scene in the episode is a personal favorite of mine. Marnette Patterson in lingerie is enough to start a fire on its own. So, let me say this for the last time- CHRISTIE IS HOT.

Christie is revealed as evil, working with the Triad, only one episode after her entrance onto the show. Absolutely no surprise there. In fact, it is a little ludicrous that the sisters can't tell she is evil. However, it is consistent with the rest of the series considering how many times the sisters have been possessed or imitated and none of them noticed. Amazingly, the Triad are confronted and destroyed only one episode after they were introduced. The battle against them was rather quick and easy, though at least it was original. On the other hand, the Triad are not the big bad, so why waste any extra time on them? The stop time affect at the end was cool, though seemingly a little far-fetched since 2 of the 3 Triad were just disposed of so easily.

I like the whole Coop arc. I like the character. I like the actor, and Phoebe marrying a Cupid makes complete sense. They have their inevitable not getting along at first, which is the sure sign of a showmance, except in Piper and Leo's case, who might be one of the only couples in TV history who actually got along from their very first scene together.

As for Paige and Henry, their arguments made complete sense considering that is what Henry has to look forward to for the rest of their marriage. Anyone who has read my reviews should know I'm a huge Paige fan, but seriously, that character has no business being married. Since Henry is a normal guy, not an angel, I would expect their marriage to last 8 months, tops. Paige is far too independent-minded and typically self-centered to be married. When Henry got off the phone with Paige and said, "Yes, ma'am." I laughed and joked that he better get used to saying that. You would think in the longest running show centered on female leads that one of them could get by without getting married, which Paige clearly should have been the one, but hey, I don't have a problem with it. Happy for them. Just saying it is surprising.

Anyway, the wedding was well done, even if a little rushed. Reviewers complaining about Patti and Grams not being there must be off their rockers. This is a wedding with a mortal person, including his mortal family. Obviously, you can't have ghosts as part of the ceremony. It is true that Victor or Sam could have been there though. I'll forgive production that.