Charmed

Enter the Demon

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2001 on The WB

• Freaky Friday in China Town

I have to be honest, while I'll admit it is generally overdone there is nothing I love more than a good body swap story line. So when Charmed, my favourite TV show has a body swap . . . well you can imagine.

This episode continued on with the theme of getting to know the newest sister, Paige and watching her make the transition from her normal life to life as a witch.

It uses the body swap device very cleverly to help Paige understand the importance of studying her craft which in turn allows her to get that little bit closer to Piper, who is still not fully ready to accept this young woman as her baby sister.

It is also an episode laced with humor, as is the case with most body swap senarios where they have to quickly adapt to being someone else. I couldn't help but laugh as I watched Paige trying to control Phoebe's levitation power, but instead ending up spinning in circles a few feet off the floor. A regular "Black Belt Barbie."

Also humorous was Piper's attempt to convice Yen-Lo, that she was the Zen Master. "Who are you?" "I am . . . one with the universe." That was some quick-thinking!

While Cole didn't have a pivitol role in this episode, I couldn't help but feel his scenes with Phoebe while she was in Paige's body stole the show.

The plot generally was a little far fetched perhaps, but keeping in mind that it is Charmed, it is to be expected. It was still a great episode and there should be more like it in which we get to know Paige that little bit better.