Charmed

Forever Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 21, 2006 on The WB

• I loved how it went out with a group hug, instead of a bang or a whimper.

I have watched this series since the first season episode where Phoebe worked as a cocktail longe fortune-teller, in order to buy Prue a birthday present.*

I have rarely missed an episode, since. And, I have almost never been disappointed.**

My guess about Wyatt and Chris kicking demon-butt, together, was proven correct. But, even I didn't foresee Grams and Patti Halliwell being recruited for the re-run of the Ultimate Battle (between Good and Bad Witches)!

To call that a nice surprise is a masterpiece of understatement.

I just wish Prue could have been included. Even as an uncredited cameo, by Shannon Doherty! But, either Aaron Spelling has still never forgiven her. Or, vice-versa. That--and the one extra blurb for "Daredevil," getting precedence over showing the Book of Shadows in the ending credits--is why I cannot give this a perfect ten.

Still, maybe Piper's granddaughter (who did the tk door-closing at the end) is Prudence Halliwell II. It's nice to think so.

*She looked hot in that Barbara-Edenesque outfit! Which is why I never understood her adverse reaction to the blue outfit in "I Dream of Phoebe."

**I thought no piece of televisual sci-fi/fantasy could be more abysmal than "Buffy the Musical" (alias BTVS: "Once More With Feeling"). The CHARMED episodes, "Jung and the Restless" and "Gone With The Witches," proved me wrong.