Charmed

Forever Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 21, 2006 on The WB

• Wonderful ending.

This episode was good. You've got the fairy tale ending with a twist of something as powerful as them to defeat in a way that is opposite to defeating demons. If only it had a kick with more demon activity that went along with coming to common ground with the other two sisters. Instead of the obvious, had to vanquish the girl that's raised by demons. She could of learned some sort of tough way that showed her fighting demons is much more fun and "legal" than killing innocents. Going back in forth between the past in the future almost seemed a bit mind stimulating. The two catching back into time with each other seemed a bit quick and simple. They should of thought of something that made more sense instead of leaving it questionable.
  • W O W the series finale was EPIC !!

Although, I must admit, I would want to have seen Prue and a different kind of villain (Kristie and Penny.. why were you there .. why? ), the finale was great!!

It contained all the elements of a great farewell. All the loved characters, time travel, past-present-future and a closing that was emotional and worthing of the greatest witches there were!

And of course PIPER was the key player and the sister that saved all! She was the strongest, she was the one that stick the family together!!

Ohh I love you Charmed and I always Kisses from Greece
  • For everyone claiming that the show disrespected prue.

Shannon Doherty, the actress who portrayed Prue, prohibited them from ever showing her face in the show. That's why there were no pictures of her on the wall. Thats Shannon's doing, not the show's.

• Forever Charmed

Forever Charmed was a perfect ending to the amazing series Charmed. I really enjoyed watching this finale because the story lines were wrapped up pretty nicely, there was action, drama, intrigue and a family reunion of sorts allowing for us to say goodbye to beloved Grams, Patty, grown Wyatt and Chris, Victor, along with the Leo, the sisters and their other children. I loved how every thing ended with the sisters writing about themselves in the book and it transformed into Piper reading it to her granddaughter. I was very entertained by watching this series and look forward to doing so again!!!!!!!!!
  • 1998 – 2006 - Rest In Peace

Eight years. Eight years of witches, demons and potions. Eight years of family members dying and eight years of time travelling. Finally, Charmed has come to an end, and at least it went out with some dignity left.

It’s no secret that Charmed really hasn’t been what it used to be the last four years. The story-lines have gotten worse and cheesier, the characters has been destroyed and the standard of the episodes have become really low. But still there have been some rays of light, and it has been s show worth watching. And even though I feel like it should have ended some years ago, the last few episodes of Season 8 were good, and Forever Charmed gave a satisfying end to the show we all fell in love with

I starts right after the end of Kill Billie: Vol. 2, and it’s immediately gripping and emotional. Taking Piper and Leo back through time to get the aid of the past generations is fun, and it really takes us back to the roots of the Charmed Ones, and I t really made me nostalgic to see the dear old Patty and Grams again. Even though a lot of the time travelling parts didn’t really make much sense, it was well written and fun to watch, ad for once, they gave us an original way to “turn back time”. Especially Patty was just delightful in the episode. James Read, Finola Hughes and Jennifer Rhodes all gave wonderful performances, as did Alyssa and Rose, but the one who really showed what she’s made of was of course Holly. She was wonderful throughout the whole episode. Even though their appearance might have seemed a little pointless, it was quite fun to see Wyatt and Chris again, and have the whole family gathered.

I like that Billie finally understood that she’d been manipulated, and stood besides the sisters once more, but I was sad to see Christy died. I have really grown to love her these past months. Kaley’s cry scene wasn’t exactly the best I’ve seen in my life, but it was still fair and at least she gave her best.

As for the narration in the end, when the sisters write their stories in the book, it was at times a little to sweet and dear for my liking, but it was still a really emotional moment, and it was fun to see what would happen to the sisters after they’re done with their Charmed lives. I liked how Coop and Phoebe finally got each other, and I loved to see Henry again, even if he wasn’t in many scenes. And the final moment, when Piper’s grandchild closes the door magically, I was so torn up. It was a bit cheesy, but it was also emotional as hell, and I felt all the past eight years running past my eyes. The photographs on the wall served the same purpose. It reminded us of what the sisters has been through and all the persons they’d lost. It did, however, annoy me so much that they couldn’t even have a picture of Prue or visit her in the past when she was child or something. I mean, she used to be a Charmed one, and one of the main characters on the show, and all they did was mention her name like four times.

All in all, Forever Charmed was a good way to end the series. Sometimes it was unbearably sweet, like the big group hug, where I almost watched away because of the extreme cuteness. The thing that makes it good, is all the wonderful character interaction and the nostalgic trip to the past. A fair ending to the show that’s been with me since I was 10. Good Bye Charmed. May you never return.
  • After the death of her sisters, Piper borrows Cupid's ring, but instead reunites her with her mother and grandmother, who help her save Phoebe and Paige. Meanwhile, Billie uses her powers to save Christy, who died in the battle against the Charmed Ones.

Epic seems to be the only word adequate enough to sum up the series finale of Charmed. We see all the Halliwells united, with the exception of Prue, and even get a glimpse into the sisters' futures after they defeat the 'Ultimate Power'. Piper and Leo finally have the daughter they foresaw in season two, Phoebe finally gets the daughters she's been wanting, and even Paige gets in on the baby-making by giving birth to two daughters and a son. In the end, elderly Piper reading to her granddaughter from the Book of Shadows, before the manor doors are magically closed reminds the fans just how far the sisters have come in their journey.
  • I loved how it went out with a group hug, instead of a bang or a whimper.

I have watched this series since the first season episode where Phoebe worked as a cocktail longe fortune-teller, in order to buy Prue a birthday present.*

I have rarely missed an episode, since. And, I have almost never been disappointed.**

My guess about Wyatt and Chris kicking demon-butt, together, was proven correct. But, even I didn't foresee Grams and Patti Halliwell being recruited for the re-run of the Ultimate Battle (between Good and Bad Witches)!

To call that a nice surprise is a masterpiece of understatement.

I just wish Prue could have been included. Even as an uncredited cameo, by Shannon Doherty! But, either Aaron Spelling has still never forgiven her. Or, vice-versa. That--and the one extra blurb for "Daredevil," getting precedence over showing the Book of Shadows in the ending credits--is why I cannot give this a perfect ten.

Still, maybe Piper's granddaughter (who did the tk door-closing at the end) is Prudence Halliwell II. It's nice to think so.

*She looked hot in that Barbara-Edenesque outfit! Which is why I never understood her adverse reaction to the blue outfit in "I Dream of Phoebe."

**I thought no piece of televisual sci-fi/fantasy could be more abysmal than "Buffy the Musical" (alias BTVS: "Once More With Feeling"). The CHARMED episodes, "Jung and the Restless" and "Gone With The Witches," proved me wrong.
  • Season 7's finale was the end of Charmed for me. I own Season 8 but I have to say that the ending here left me cold. It disrespected Pru's death and the rules that came with it and treated Pru and the shows mythology like they never mattered.

Season 7's finale was the throw it together end of the series but it was far more successful in ending the series then this "very lets bring everyone back to hug and kiss and give everyone exactly what they want" piece of overly cheesey garbage.

The finale of Charmed needed to be about the sisters and the power of three. This was done with great success in Season 7 as the Charmed ones faced an all mighty demon,vanquished him with the help of Pru's power (thanking her in the process) and then moving on with their lives at last. BUT then they bought it back and for the fan boy in me I wanted more Charmed. But after all the hype about the 7 part finale and the idea that they might top themselves and Pru might return OR she would at least be recognised as well as she was in Season 7 this ending was atrocious.

EVERYONE who had died in the Halliwell family came back for a cameo but even in the flashback to their childhood Pru did not appear. The scene with the little girl with a season 1 Pru haircut gave me hope they would refer to her but it was just Piper as a kid. In the end Pru is pawned off by Piper saying 'Oh Mom not now.' Completely disrespectful and dismissive.

Then to make matters worse Piper and Pheobe are saved and bought back from the dead. HELLO! They aren't allowed to do that. Piper was told in Season 4 she could not bring Pru back because they could not use Magic for personal gain NOR was it right to bring Pru back from the dead as her death was meant to happen to save the world and it was an impossible thing to be done. BUT NO in the finale of the series Piper finds away to save Pheobe and Paige and even jumps past their deaths all the way back to before Pru died. Yet only two are saved and Piper never considers this a chance to save her eldest sister.

All in all a decent episode but not the end of Charmed for me. It screwed around to much with the mythology of the show, made the sisters appear to not care about Pru and ended with the dumbest and cheesiest ending I've ever seen. All in all 5 out of 10 was all I could give this because it just failed on almost every level to tie the show up successfully.
  • Perfectly Charmed

When asked what his favorite episode of Charmed is, Brad Kern said, "The last one."

I agree.

This episode is genius, frankly. Huge props to Brad Kern for coming up with Coop's ring as a plot device that allowed nearly every important series character to appear in the show without being ridiculous or overly contrived. Don't even try to follow the logic of it all. Just sit back and enjoy. It is a hilarious, touching and very satisfying screenplay from the explosion at the beginning to the manor door swinging shut. As they should be, Billie and Christie are only a necessary diversion to the bulk of the story. It was a great decision to have Billie dispose of Christie herself. Allegedly, Brad Kern was originally considering redeeming Christie, while Holly was fine with killing off both sisters. They made the right call in redeeming just Billie.

Piper and Leo's marriage has been at the center of Charmed if not from the beginning, then at least since Prue's death, and that is illustrated clearly here with them at the heart of this episode and their reunion being the final climax.

Phoebe is given only a little more to do as she has to take the final step with Coop. Victor Webster is a little tall for Alyssa, but otherwise, it is all good.

Paige has even less to do, but that's just because her story is the closest to fulfillment already. Brad Kern and production were very lucky that all the necessary actors were available for this episode. Seeing Patti, Grams, Victor, Wyatt, and Chris again and all at once was fantastic and the just reward to us loyal fans. Yes, there were characters who were inevitably left out: Prue, Daryll, and Cole most notably, but not everyone was available or willing, and production flatly didn't have the money to pay everyone. Brad said afterwards that he desperately wanted to show more photos at the end, including pictures of Prue and Cole, but they just didn't have the money for it, even if Shannen would have agreed. Nearly every criticism of this episode that I've seen has centered on Prue not being shown or apparently referred to enough, though she is referred to at least 3 separate times. I think that is ridiculous. Shannen left the show and refused to come back. There was nothing production could do about it. All the seriously sad Prue fans can just buy the first 3 seasons on DVD and forget the rest, and then stop reviewing later seasons like they are actual fans. Real Charmed fans, like myself, say BRAVO!!! Thanks to Holly, Alyssa, Rose, Brian and Brad for 8 memorable years!
  • i hate to say this but i hated this episode.. mostly b/c the time traveling got very annoying,the characters didnt seem right,the battle never happend,and the show abandon all that made it good.this episode was a waste of my time..

2.5
    1.trying to figure out whats going on its not hard but as the show keep going the time traveling starts to not make sense espicailly since grams should have remember piper from ''that 70s episode''when she meet piper but grams didnt remember piper.
    (dont try and say she earse her memory b/c in other eps.grams let them know she was gone do that and if she was gone do that on ''that 70s episode'' she would have told them)

2.phoebe never got her powers of leviation and empathy back which is so lame since she was so usless this whole season.(they could have gave them back when she was writing bout her life)i did like phoebe with coop tho.

3.paige with henry was a poor writing choice to me.i perfer her with glen.the only realtionship they got right is piper/leo and phoebe/coop.

4.the season was leading up to a big battle,so dont hold your breathe.. no battles happenes.there was so many characters(that i loved)that the writers forgot about the battle that they been building up too.instead they focus more on the characters than the story they made for this season.i feel like the season was a waste of my time since didnt nothing happen in the end.the end focus more on the girls lives then the story the writers made bout the power of 3.this season was like sex and the city with demons.

5.if they can bring all this characters back they can mention prue more than what they did.they said they need 2 pay actors to use their photo but they could have payed shannen.if the writers been saving money shouldnt they use it for that.especaiily since they didnt really have a battle.the blowing up of the manor was a waste since no battle really happened.they could have at least let the fans see a little version of prue but not even that...(and dont get me started when they said they cant bring prue back b/c of personal gain and then somehow phoebe and paige come back.)brad said he didnt want to focus on one sister(prue) so why was piper the main focus in this episode? then phoebe and paige was kicked to the side.

6.piper trusting billie again was a poor writing.if someone harm my children and then came back they better hope i didnt see them.i still dont understnad they cant forgive christy,when she wasnt thinking right b/c she was raised by the traid but they can forgive billie.when billie still tried to kill them when she was in her right mind unlike christy...poor writing.if christy died so should billie.

7.i didnt like how the made it seem everywoman in the world needed to have children.someone should have not had children.

8.btw billie they couldnt have came up with something else besdies giving billie prue powers.

9.this end of charmed was so bad.it ened like a fariytale and no story is like that.i will say season 7 was a better ending than this crap.season 7 should have been the end of charmed not season 8.

i like how they made piper/leo and phoebe/coop end up together.i didnt like the happy fariytale ending. i dont like piage ending up with henry.i didnt like the time traveling.i didnt like all the characters coming back b/c that took away from the big battle that didnt even happen.i didnt like how billie survied and christy didnt. both of there faith should have been together.no shannen doherty not even alittle girl that look like her.i hated this episode.it was such a waste...
  • Oh Lord! Right off the bat I will say that I loved it, love isn’t even a strong enough word for my sentiments on this episode!

I attend school but I still have managed to view it well over a dozen times and it is only getting better with each viewing. There was so much in it, so much emotion, so many loose ends tied up and oh so much of the Halliwell family to enjoy!

From the beginning, I thought the episode opened very strongly. It was good that we were right there in the aftermath of 8.21, Holly’s acting was tremendous, she looked and acted the part of somebody whose life had just been torn apart so well. I adored Piper and Leo together and we hadn’t seen them together for so long that having him there to clean her up and comfort her was so needed. I felt like having her be the one left standing, the one to fix everything was fitting of her personality and role on the show. Meanwhile Billie ran on back to Dumain, and I actually felt Kayley in that scene, her acting was solid and she appeared just as determined as Piper to get things back to how she wanted – and so started the merry-go-round through time with 101 loves, friends and family members!

First stop – Victor! I was so happy for Leo seeing his sons again but so sad for Victor loosing his daughters (I count Paige as kinda his). The Coop popped by and proved useful beyond just finding a date. Colour me shocked. At first I was hesitant about the time travel aspect but they actually had the means consistent – we had seen Coops ring time travel as Piper mentioned so I didn’t think it was just plucked out of thin air for convenience. Well done writers. And even if it was just for convenience who would care? I mean, we got Finola Hughs out of it! That woman just does not age, which was a bonus considering all the times we’ve visited her in the past. I loved seeing her, even more with Victor just because of what great chemistry the actors have. Victor and Patty seemed so perfect, made me rather sad that it all went south. And I loved the line “Paige? You mean we have another daughter?”/“Yes, mom, you do”. The statement that Piper/Patty/Penny equals a substitute Po3 didn’t seem overly logical but I bought it just to see Grams again and is it just me or is she feistier with every appearance?! Love her.

But first we saw Piper all gramsy which was a hoot! Even though we’ve seen the future before and it’s prone to change this one was seemed like the genuine deal, at least I hope so. “How do you spell Zankou? With a z or and x?” - demon scrabble was hilarious and having the aspirin ready for Piper was also a fine touch. The old Piper and Leo were brilliantly cast, with the same affection that our Piper and Leo have.

Anywho, hijinx’s aside, seeing our Grams was fabulous, her speech to little Piper was so sweet. Again Piper is deemed as the heart of the family and we got a little taste of Piper back when she was the shy little mediator ala season one. Cute. I’m also glad they had Grams faint at the sight of Patty. At least five years had passed since her death and Grams obviously hadn’t started communing with her ghost yet which makes Prue’s non-appearance a little more believable. And her reaction to finding out about her granddaughters being "The Charmed Ones" was just as proud and excited as it was in “That 70’s Episode”.

I was glad that the substitute Po3 thwarted the ultimate battle and that Phoebe and Paige were saved but when Leo was taken away again I thought for a microsecond they were going to end it with Piper choosing between her soul mate and her sisters! Then I remembered that this is Charmed and not even Brad Kern is that evil. Awesome exchange:

Phoebe: Okay, so because you guys altered a key moment in time by saving us…
    Grams: …and the Manor
    Phoebe: Right, because of all that what was supposed to happen after all of this won’t happen?
    Patty: Exactly. Which kinda makes this the new present.
    Paige: says the woman from the past.
    Grams: Although a different past from mine.

Aaargh! That spiel would’ve totally made my head implode but I was promptly distracted by the arrival of Wyatt and Chris – officially making the family dynamic go from huge to busting. And cut to the Jenkins’ gals, as the new wisened-up (but still a tad daft) Billie talked sense into her nutso sister. I have a lot to say about these troublesome pair but I’m saving it for later. The next few scenes were some of my favourites – just the whole family getting comfortable and caught up on future goss. Grams seemed just as much a Grams to the boys as she did the girls telling them to watch their language and all! And Wyatt’s “uncle Coop” slip up? Priceless! What a goofball! Patty and Victors reunion was also a classic when she jumped right onto him! I love seeing them together with their grandkids; they missed pretty much all of the girls growing up so I was happy to see that. And finally, two thirds of the way through the episode, Henry shows up, and about dammed timed.

Grams: Don’t tell me she married a whitelighter too!?
    Piper: Worse……….a mortal.
    Grams: Good God! Didn’t I teach you girls anything?

Hehe. I love Grams and her anti-male stance; it’s refreshingly different from that of the girls.

Billie then showing up put the episode back onto more of a magic bound track. I’m glad she blurted out her apology and excuse and that it seemed 100% genuine. Crawling back for forgiveness suits her. And the Charmed Ones did the time warp agaaaaiiiin! Back into the past. Triad, dead, check. Christy, dead, check. Now, the way I see Billie killing Christy is that it was totally believable and excusable. I know that killing is obviously wrong but Christy was literally a killing machine and was raised in a cave, by demons, with wacky morals and a deadly grudge against the Charmed Ones. She was a victim of circumstance and killing her was really the only option. That’s why I had no problem with Cole’s S5 “character assassination”. I don’t think that people who have been evil all their life can change so I’m comfortable with them dying. Some people think that Charmed is too black and white when it comes to stuff like that but I think it is a black and white situation so I was happy with the resolution to the Jenkins’ arc, as much as I did love Christy and her delightfully manipulative ways.

The last 7 or so minutes were painfully sweet. The AoD returning Leo and everyone clapping Piper/Leo and Phoebe/Coops respective kisses was totally heartwarming! Tears were streaming – repeat – streaming down my face for them. Patty and Victor entering with the kids made for the entire Halliwell clan in the sunroom, sans Prue. Which brings me to Patty’s take on her death. Basically that it was destiny, the token Charmed “everything happens for a reason” mantra that has been since season one. “As one door closes another door opens”, the look between Paige and Patty was perfect. We haven’t seen nearly enough of their mother/daughter connection and I was happy that we got a bit of that now. Then hugs, kisses and smiles all around in the most satisfying family moment in television history (for me anyways). I was bawling throughout this sappiness. BAWLING.

Not time to recover though, cause it only got worse. The sisters sitting around the table with the Book of Shadows recording their experiences was genius and a fabulous way of giving us future insight in a compact and original form. Stupid me said that I never wanted voiceovers again in Chared after “Malice In Wonderland” but boy did I eat my own words or what! Loved each sisters dialogue.

Phoebe: Predictably she married Coop in a nifty, low key wedding. Awww, I’m not their biggest shipper but still, awww. I felt assured that they'd last cause apparently they're in love to the point that Phoebe can summon him with a thought! Convoluted? Yes. But strangely convenient and lame plot devices are a staple of this show. And she had her foreseen child at last!!!! Ugghh! They sure got their moneys worth out of that plot. Oh, and two other little sweethearts, her own little Po3. I was pleased to see Phoebe looking all corporate and still working, author of a book and everything. Ever since I saw her in Scry Hard doing her thing I hoped she would never retire and continue passionately with her career. So I was happy with the closure they gave to her character. My favourite character ever! I cannot stress that enough. Love Phoebe Halliwell.

Paige: A good chance to give Henry some more much needed screen time. And gosh are their kids cute or what! Another charmed trio! The twins and lil Henry were cute as cute can be. Oh and I loved Paige’s glasses! They’re exactly the kind of quirky thing that suits her. On top of that she manages to keep protecting the innocent even when the dust had settled. She seemed to be the most likely to keep on giving, she came to the game late and has always been the most enthusiastic about the craft (Phoebe too at times). She refused the AoD offer and was the only one drawn back to the witchy world when they got new identities. And hopefully this means that being a whitelighter was the “enlightenment” she’s been searching for since, oh, say, season five! She’s both embraced and rejected her WL and witch sides at separate times; she’s been everything from a fruit packer to a head mistress trying to find her calling so I pray that she at last found some kind of independent fulfillment with her whitelighterness at last.

Piper: Last but not least the Halliwell family Matriarch and her loyal man. As much as I hate Magic School I am partially glad it was reclaimed, Leo needs and outlet like that for all his knowledge and motivational taglines i.e. “You’re power comes from you’re emotions” or “trust in yourself”. Oh and the kid with tk orbing we saw was Piper and Leo’s first grandchild btw (so it says in spoilers), so that was neat. I was thrilled that he and Piper had their daughter (in sides as Melinda), I wonder whether that child is the same Melinda as in Morality Bites? If they were fated to have her then perhaps it doesn’t matter that she arrived insanely late. So now there is a power of three by three! My god this show had endless spin-off possibilities. Oh, and another awesome loose end that was tied is pipers dream of owning her own restraunt! Kinda a catch 22 as P3 was possibly shut down but I’m still really, really impressed that they covered this. And an even cooler fact! I think that the dish she was making was Roast Pork with Gratin of Florence Fennel and Penne with a Port Giblet Sauce!! That’s right! Her dish from her Quake interview in “Something Wicca This Way Comes”!!! Well, she added a dash of port to the sauce so I think that was a shout out to the first episode. Awesome.

And fade to the future where the tears went from streaming to gushing. “…and although we certainly had our struggles and hardships over the years we’re a family of survivors and will always be. Which is why we’ve truly been charmed.” So true. “After all it’ll be yours one day…”, made me so sad, but happy that their legacy was being passed on. As old Piper and Leo embarked the stairs I was a wreck. The final montage was absolutely powerful, the photo’s were impeccably chosen and incorporated everyone who meant anything to the show (bar Shannen of course). The music and images killed me with nostalgia, and the final photo of the girls was beautiful! Off that, the Charmed ones generation over and a new generation just beginning the door is tk’d closed for the final time. Sob. Weep. Moan. My satisfaction with life was just seriously injured.

Trying to look at it objectively (as if I even could!), I did find some small faults, but they didn’t detract from the episode. For instance the grand daughter tk’d her hand the wrong way which irked me ever so slightly; there wasn’t quite enough Henry, the effects of Christy’s vanquish could have been grander and there wasn’t a mention of Darryl! A personal favourite of mine and cast member of seven years was totally forgot in this episode which was a bloody shame. So in my mind it didn’t warrant a perfect 10, but a dam close 9.8 -9.9. As far as how much it impacted me emotionally it completely exceeded any number! One of my favourite episodes of the series, it wrapped everything up perfectly!

I will truly miss that manor and all it represents, the magic, the battles, the emotion and the experiences of four incredible women. I’m even gonna miss the piles of discontinuity ever-present in the show (even in the finale!). But more than anything I’ll miss the Halliwells. All four generations that we came to know and love like family, the three sisters that captivated me like nothing else for eight years and will continue to do so for another eighty. Thankyou to all the cast and crew over the past eight years, especially the leading ladies – Holly, Alyssa, Rose and Shannen. Forever Charmed!
  • And 8 wonderful seasons end the best way possible, with the best episode of Charmed ever. If I could score this an 11, I would.

A great ending can elevate a book, movie, or tv show to greatness, and this series has that. Any reviewer who suggested that the Season 7 ending would have been the better ending for Charmed I'll assume is on drugs, lots of them.

Yes, Season 8 was a lot to stomach at times, but we all got the ultimate payoff with these last two episodes. Really, both episodes are the same episode because they run seamlessly into one another. But I understand why Brad Kern named them separately. Kill Billie 2 is an action episode in structure and tone, building in tenseness until the final battle. Forever Charmed, while still being dire in consequence, is a lighthearted homage to its characters, history, and future.

I hate to steal a line from my fave reviewer, Blinksterboy, but I also smiled throughout this entire episode. In fact, I've watched it over and over, and I still smile throughout. It has so many wonderful moments and scenes. It is just one after another. Any time you have this many traverses in time there are going to be some holes in the logic of it all. Like Piper clearly warns us all during the episode, "don't think about it too hard, you'll just get a head ache." Great advice. Instead just sit back and enjoy. I love that it was Piper and Leo together that had to go through time and figure everything out. The old Piper and Leo were great. Very adorable scene. Finola Hughes and Jennifer Rhodes are awesome, as usual. One of my favorite lines of the show is when Grams says to Paige, "Yeah, we're dead by now. We're over it." I also love that Grams instantly kicks into gear once she hears about the Charmed Ones and that she won't let Piper stir the potion. The scene where Victor and Patty are reunited at his place is hilarious, and every scene involving Chris and Wyatt is a great one. Like everyone else, I loved the "Uncle Coop" moment, and I also loved how the elders gave Phoebe a break and let her know Coop was meant for her. Great writing there.

It is somewhat odd that Billie changes sides and everything finally comes together in her head just after the mere mention of the Triad. Again, in a prior episode, Christie had already told Billie that the Triad had directed her. It is also a little odd that Christie would so easily give up on Billie and basically junk the entire plan. Anyway, it was necessary to get the story where it needed to go. It was a great move to have Billie be the one to vanquish Christie. That is the price she paid for her betrayal of the sisters. It makes it a lot easier to forgive her for what she did. It is a light finish for Paige and Henry. In fact, I'm not sure what happened to Henry, but his little appearance at Phoebe's loft was his only scene in the entire two episodes other than the flashforward finish. And what about that hug he and Paige shared? I've seen old friends have a warmer hug than that. Like I've said before, Henry was a good character, but he and Paige have little chemistry between them.

Want to see chemistry, it comes so easily when Leo is brought back for the end and he and Piper share a laughing embrace, so joyous that Phoebe breaks out in spontaneous clapping that others follow. What a great finish to the Piper losing Leo story arc. Maybe it is just the 8 seasons together, but Brian and Holly have such an easy natural chemistry together. They make everyone else look like a fraud. Great group hug at the end. I loved every minute of it.

And of course we have our look into the future, which has the sisters living the lives they always hoped for. They all like having kids, apparently. I especially dug that Leo went back to run Magic School and that Paige continued being a whitelighter. All ending with the grandkids in the manor and the pictures on the wall. And lastly, the granddaughter using her power to close the manor door. Perfect ending.

Yes, it would have been nice to see Dorian back for a moment, and maybe some others, but I would rather appreciate this episode for what was there versus what wasn't. And for all the people still whining about no images of Prue, all I have to say is- Get over it.

Brad Kern called this episode Forever Charmed because he said he wanted the series to be "forever Charmed." Mission accomplished. Special thanks through 8 wonderful seasons to Holly, Alyssa, Brian, Rose, and Brad. You have done what every artist strives for. To create something that will forever be. Blessed.
  • Charmed has always been a good show, and yea letsface it there were some eps. you didnt want to end,some you thought were soo boring, and some that made you cry, well this one had 2 out of 3.

Charmed has always been a good show, and yea lets face it there were some eps. you didnt want to end,some you thought were soo boring, and some that made you cry, well this one had 2 out of 3. I wanted to cry because i knew it was really over, and i never wanted it to end, because it was sooo good. And it really was the end! This ep. showed the past, present, and future. So, they should make a new one, dealing with the kids, since thats where it left off. So lets bring Charmed back !
  • I love It Its the best.

I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED! I LOVE CHARMED!
  • such a good show.......sad that u ended it the way u did,will never never ever have one as good

it was the wrong choice to end the show,never will have that connection again.it was the type of show that gave hope,love,attraction and mystery,its kinda funny sometimes.it was interesting to see what came next for them.i about died when pru died,but u all had a way to bring the sisters back.but if u could rethink the way u ended it ,u know u left a lot of loose ends that could turn into something and then u would need to send the sisters back into battle,better hury the window is almost closed forever.It realy was such a good show,looked foreword to watching it each week,then it end.
  • The final episode of Charmed where Piper and Leo travel back in time with Coop's ring to try anc change the events that led to her sisters death. While Billy tries to do the same while relaizing what her sister has become.

I have been watching this show since it began and if when I started watching this I had to imagine an ending for it, this would have been it. The ending come full circle which is something few shows do, A happy ending as well for everybody. I was very pleased to see that everybody ends up with someone and that everybody gets the future they imagined. In the very end when the little closes the door, she uses Prue's power and it is just a little reminder that everything comes back around. I loved this show and was very sad to see it end but it ended beautifully.
  • The end of an era...

I've watched the WB since it began 10 years ago, and one after the other I've watched the series finales of all their good shows. 7th Heaven (which I never really liked, but watched anyway), Buffy (my favorite show of all time), Angel (which ended before it's time), Dawson's Creek (a show that helped shape my generation...), Felicity (and I'll admit it jumped the shark when she cut her hair... why hair made such a difference is beyond me) and now, the final one... Charmed. Don't get me wrong, I love Gilmore Girls and Smallville but I always had this extra special place in my heart for Charmed. I've watched it since it's premier in 1998 and have followed it closely for the past 8 years (although sadly I tend to miss the season premiers every year and I ended up downloading most of them since season 4...). I watch them in syndication on TNT everyday and I still cry when Prue dies and when they have to kill Cole (the first time) and when Andy dies in season 1. I still cringe everytime I see an episode with Nick Lachey in it.
    I admit that I stopped watching for a little while this season (it saddens me to admit it, but it didn't exactly start out as the best season. When I found out that I was the last season I started watching more dilligently. I have to admit, I wasn't the best season up until the last two or three episodes. I hated Billie and I hated Christy even more. I was getting excited that they were both going to die, but the Billie didn't. At first I was bummed until I saw the very end, what the future would bring. how Billie would be there to watch Phoebe's kids while she left to give birth.
    I love how all three Charmed Ones had 3 children. Paige with her son and then twin girls (1 boy & 2 girls), Piper with Wyatt and Chris and the little girl (2 boys & 1 girl), and Phoebe's 3 girls. I assume that Phoebe had her first little girl before Piper had hers, but I'm assuming that one of them named their daughter Prudence. I kind of figured it was Phoebe. I always kind of thought that Phoebe would be the one to carry-on the all P's tradition. I'm also assuming that one of the girls' named their kids Patty (Patricia) or Penelope (Penny)...
    I'm really going to miss this show, but I understand why they don't want to do it anymore. Alyssa and Holly have put in all 8 years and Rose has put in 5. It's understandable.
    Long Live Charmed
  • Wonderful way to end the era of the Charmed Sister. The WB missed an opportunity, but has several opportunities left.

This episode ends the Charmed series, as few other series end, by providing a present day and future wrap-up. While the WB could provide the series with a better send-off, it is clear the writers were listening to the fans.

Given the profit the WB made after eight years, the proper respect would be an hour long retrospective on the series and a two hour final episode (split three hour story line) showing more of the Charmed line's future.

Obviously the fan base has an interest in the Charmed line and a show about the next generation (or even the next, next generation) will have a large following. This would allow the "charmed" actresses a chance at a life outside of the show, but the opportunity to do guest appearances. Hopefully there will be Charmed movies (TV or the big screen) either about the next generations or past adventures. My vote is for the adventures of the next generation.
  • Why for the sake of art couldnt Prue, and the black detective come back. And what's up the with the final big bad of the series, the Triad were reduced to lame out of the loop ghostly talking big but never doing anything , old geazers.

I thouht this was a very dissapointing season with nothing much new for the series they were better off leaving it were it was with them faking there own deaths, and demons having still some hope of taking over the world. U know so they would be more of a threat to the world and making for much more interesting stories to tell. Billie kills her sister in a lame attempt of thwarting her plans, I mean come on their was no real threat of Billies sister or the Triad and the sisters having everything handed to them so they could go back and forth in time and protect thier happy go lucky time line. I am so dissapointed that I got sucked into the lame sometimes interesting, scary , racist, woman empowering, thrilling, chick , love story drama half way through the series's run , and going backwards checking out the days of Prue. If I had known it was going to end so dissapointing I would of watched more Buffy, Angel reruns. They should consider (Brad Kern and co.) on doing a final final theatre , or made for T.v. flick.

One final thought why did the show go try so hard to make the charmed ones so slutty, I mean I know woman of today have just as much right to be as permiscuious, or at least think about sexual relationships the same way as men do, but they were champions for good always talking to or about angels, and know they were being watched harder by the powers that B more than any other normal person so you would think they would have a little more restraint. From the very beginning of charmed to the very end they had meaningless or eventually meaningless flings.
    Prue when she had her high school romance cop boyfriend that died protecting her the first season to getting over him to when she met a descendant of some guy protecting her when the charmed ones went back to the 17th century, at the end she hooked up with the descendant of that guy in present day and the very next episode she barely mentions him and then starts screwing several other guys before she died. Phoebe, her with her boyfriend in New York she was sleeping with at the very beginning of the show to marrying then divorcing and killing Cole in a couple of thrilling seasons, to having no one at the very end and hooking up with hottie Cupid last minute, AND what ever happened to the first Cupid she fell in love with in like season two or three, or four, I dont know its a blurr. Piper, she was engaged to a demon undercover at the beginning, she killed him off and immediately started screwing the Angel Leo and broke up with him shortly the second season to start sleeping with some bank lending guy , so she could get P3 started up and then once that happened she starts sleeping with her niehbor, and shortly after that breaks up with him and starts seeing Leo again and gets married only to lose him for awhile and starts sleeping with some firefighter only to once again be back With HER Husband.Finally the HOE bag known as Paige who's actually half angel so u WOULD think she would b a little devine she's sleeping with some dude at the beginning of the fourth season to get her new family and powers and dump him and go back to screwing the rich guy who travels the world and came in and out of her life all the time, to having no man and never showing the slightest hint of settling down. She has a couple of meaningless flings with several dudes wich one of them was a cop to eventually screwing and rushing a marriage to the probation officer. And the minute they get marrid she cant wait not to have him around any more and keep kicking demon butt with her sisters the very thing she and the rest of them were trying so hard to get away from the past seasons. Sorry to call U guys out on all of this stuff last minute (talking to wb and charmed producers) but with all these diseases running rampant You would think female role models would have been more tame. Instead u GUYS just made 8 years of slutty, boring demon fighting, somewhat evil in itself i.e. Characters, plots etc. etc. for future generations to look back and say damn Im surprised I wasnt born in a world were everyone has some disease.
    Anywayz THATS enough time I've spent focusing on lame ass Charmed should of ended better they already went back in time the past several seasons the fans deserved better for keepng them on the air for 8 frickin years they didnt even say thank you for watching at the end like the wb does for all its other shows that ended.My personal opinion it would of been better if the writers got some help from Buffy's and Angel's writers i.e. Buffy seasons 1,3,4,5,and seven and all seasons of Angel) to have the sisters go through the curse they talked about so much in early years as to where no Halliwell would ever see there children grow. At least fans and non fans can agree and have some kind of solidarity that after the show ends Paige AND Phoebe's relationships don't last there God LIKE children will grow up in broken homes and become super human menaces to society were inevitabaly they join with darklighters, warlocks, and bad witches of the future so they will have a more befitting dark episode ending like Angel. By the character development the writers showed for these charmed ones there is no way in hell they can stay married, I would give it just two more years of them demon fighting b4 they get tired of thier husbands, make up an excuse to not sleep with them anymore and wait for fate, angels what ever to take them away and put them in some hockey chriogenic stasis (the shelf) for awhile so they can sleep around and give thier kids some new daddies in thier lives, and have some half brothers and sisters b4 bringing back thier original husbands.
    Charmed, This Show Surely Wasn't!
  • The only reason this episode got 1.0 is because I couldn't get the counter to do negatives!!! They have completely thrown the rules out the window and made a complete pile of poo (in fact I would rather have watched a pile of poo than this

The season 7 finale was the most perfect way they could have finished this show but they had to keep going (Speeling is a muppet that way!)

Don't get me wrong, I was an avid viewer of this show, watched it from day 1!! But besides episode 21, this series has been awful!!!

Another reviewer on this site said this ending was good compared to endings like Angel, and I quote, where 'everyone dies.(whether they did or not is still open to speculation) But amiguous endings to shows, especially shows involving supernatural elements, are the best way to honour the memory of the shows themselves (Me and my mates still argue about the angel ending!!).

Back to the actual ending, they completely disregarded the whole changing the past/future element by having complete interaction between time periods. They completely messed up the whole time travel element, as in season 1 Tempest was the only one on either side who had the power to manipulate time!!! (apparently cupids have gained some more responsibility in the magical kingdom.

Bringing Chris and Wyatt in was good, I guess, even though their only purpose seemed to be to fill in Phoebe about her love life!!!

Anyway, I've said enough. I'm going to now physically wipe this dross from my memory and not even acknowledge the humongous waste of time that is Charmed 8!!! I suggest you do the same!!
  • Okay, This should have been spectacular. I love Charmed. This episode should have made my life. But it didn't.

7.8
    First off, no Prue. I understand that they can't use pictures of her or have her on the show if Shannon doesn't want to appear. But honestly, people. Can we at least mention her? Also, the entire episode felt rushed. It was more like "Hey, how many guest stars can we fit in 40 minutes?" instead of "Oh no! We need these people for plot delvopment!" Chris and Wyatt from the future, good to see them, but utterly pointless. And so was all that stuff with Coop. It felt very very forced. "Oh yes, you get married! And It's not forbidden!" Can we make it feel a little more natural maybe? it's over, so I guess not...
  • They should have stopped after season 7-Billie should have never been introduced-and all of season 8 just did not make sense...

I have always loved Charmed, I never missed one show. Season 1-7, except for the occasional miss in season 5, were absolutely fantastic. They were thrilling,exciting, funny, sometimes soap-y, and just...great!! But, they should\\\'ve stopped after season 7. In season 8 Billie is introduced and most,if not all, the attention was shifted to her. She was a poor written character; her personality not the least bit interesting and almost always she got on my nerves. And,come on! This Christy thing... First off, how long has it been since Christy\\\'s disappearance? YEARS! And still Billie looks for her!! The Halliwell sisters lost a sister too, and they were sad, but they weren\\\'t obsessed like this girl, and they\\\'re supposed to be all about \\\"the power of three\\\" and their \\\"greatest fear is to lose a sister\\\" and their special sisterly bond. And, once Billie finds her stupid sister, they turn out to be sooo powerful...Excuse me,where did these girls come from? And who do they think they are? Billie barely knew any magic when the charmed ones met her-and all of a sudden she becomes miss. superwitch better than the charmed ones who had 8 years of experience?! Furthermore, how can these girls,that no magical being ever met, could manipulate all those magical creatures? The same creatures that went to the Charmed ones for help because they knew they would??!!So-they screwed up a couple of times,that doesn\\\'t mean they turn on them so easily! It all just doesn\\\'t make any since
  • I agree this was excellent end to the series except for there was no Prue.

If this had been a true ending to the series for all of the devoted fans of the show, when Piper and Leo are walking up the stairs at the end there should have been a picture of Prue, like the original picture of the three sisters, when the sisters magically moved closer together in the picture. The only reference they made to Prue in this episode was when Patty acknoledged that Victor told her what happened to Prue. Shannon makes me so angry that she couldn't put aside her feelings that made her leave the show in the first place to make some cameo appearance on this final episode. I am truly no longer a fan of Shannon because of this I liked her from playing Prue on this show, and just the fact that she wouldn't come back for the finale upsets me, it would have been nice if they had a picture of Prue. Did anyone else notice that after Prue died the picture of the three magically disappeared. No picture of Prue was shown after Prue died. Only her name was mentioned occasionally, and her name was seen once, after Wyatt was born. And no references were ever made again to what Prue did, her working for 415 or at Bucklands. It's like as soon as Prue died that was it, Prue remained in memories never to be seen or heard again.
  • Billie and Kristie have killed Pheobe and Paige, Piper and Leo have to use Coop's ring to retrieve her mother and grandmother to kill evil Billie.

I was really looking forward to this season finale but was a bit disappointed at the weak storyline. Going back in time and recruiting the mother and grandmother, could have been so much better, there were pleanty of others that they could have brought back such as Cole and possibly a return from Prue. But Billie and Kristie are good villians but both of them being witches and them being sisters was a bit copy-cat kind of thing. But all-together it wasn't a bad episode which I would watch again but maybe not buy as a DVD, unless I wanted to buy the whole season.
  • "Forever Charmed" is well said! I love this series and forever will! amazing ending! Though I will miss them all ;'( love forever charmed.

Very effective endings, explains a lot and it balanced all the conspiracy. Well, worth watching the whole season from 1-8, and I have no regrets at all buying them all seasons. Very Very Very Excellent work of series. I give you 10/10. *Hey! just like the ending, maybe I could pass this series down to my grand kids one day right? Happy watching people. Hope it gives something, something that will always be in your mind. God! I hate how this kind of series effected me xP figuratively. Haha. x x x x x x x x x x x
  • two thumbs up!!

The series had a good run.. In my opinion the ending was a bit predictable.. of course there is going to be a happy ending..I believe that they wrote it this way because the sisters have done so much to make the world good, and peaceful. And because of all the good they've done they derserve a happy ending. I'm not disapointed though, I believe they do deserve a happy ending..I've always loved the episodes when drew fuller and wes ramsey guest Star.. I think that they both are such talented actors, as well as they rest of the cast from Charmed. I'm sad to see this show end.
  • woow great ending!!!

great ending !!!
    I love it so much . it's one of my favorite show at all the times.
    I hope they never end this great series I wish there was season 9 and 10 ...
    I never bored watching this show .and I think if Prue, Piper and Phoebe were alive and paige wasn't (which i love her all) I think it would be much better because I think prue is the most powerful sister and she is great .. but I wish prue was alive and paige will be in the series because it will bee much much better.. four sister I think it will be just great!!! and with the 4 sister i can't imagine what could they do??
  • This episode made me cry.

This episode was amazing. I liked that Billie FINALLY realized that Christy was corrupted although I thought it was pretty obvious. I loved seeing Piper and Leo in the future that was adoreable - knowing that everything works out for them. I also like Pheobe and Coop's relationship and I'm glad that worked out, but when we reached the end of the episode I started to get emotional knowing that this was the last I was going to be seeing of Charmed :(. I loved how they ending it with us seeing how everyone's life ends up and how they have wonderful families now. I expecially liked the part when they started to slowly show us all of the pictures of the Piper's family. That part made me sad, expecially with the music, Oh gosh. It was a really good episode it just made me sad to know that that's the end - it's over. I'll always miss charmed with Piper's sarcastic humor, Pheobe's quest for love, and Paige's little jokes that made her so much fun to watch. And I can't forget the kids and Leo they are an important asset to the show to and I will miss them all. Good-bye Charmed xoxo
  • SO IT ENDS.....

Absolutely brilliant! After last week's spectacular shootout, this is the perfect way to end the series; upbeat, cheerful and packed with action from one end to the other. We all know what happens so I shan't bother with the plot. All I'll say is don't try to make sense of it. You won't.

Totally the right decision to bring in so many family members. Yes, some of the reasons for involving them are pretty spurious but who cares? The actors look like they are really enjoying themselves and the interaction is beautiful. I'm glad they chose not to include Billie in the group hug; it wouldn't have been right.

There are so many good bits to choose from: Grams fainting, Wyatt yelling "Uncle Coop", Patty leaping out on Victor. I don't think I stopped smiling all the way through. For me, the highlight was seeing the Charmed Sons together. I never rated Drew Fuller before but he actually looks quite fit in this episode. Must be the shorter hair. Not sure why they portrayed Wyatt as such a goof but there you go. Wes Ramsey still rocks. A bit more Henry and it would have been beyond perfect. This may not be the funniest, the darkest or the most dramatic episode, and it may have plotholes the size of Sweden, but in terms of closure it really couldn't be better. Christy is vanquished with her own power, the Triad is gone forever and the Charmed Ones finally get the lives they want. The narrative at the end rounds things off perfectly and we even get an insight into the next generation. For the first and only time in the series, I'm giving it ten out of ten.

So that's it! As the only person who has reviewed every episode in order, I can honestly say it's been a wonderful ride. Yes, there have been some bum episodes and, yes, the magical creatures were excruciating, but there have been some stunning stories and some wonderful acting. Special thanks go to Holly, Brian, Alyssa and Rose for keeping things going right to the end, and to Shannen and Julian for their earlier roles. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Brad Kern. He doesn't get much thanks on this site but without him none of this would have happened.

Over the course of the series, a staggering 610 evil beings are vanquished. The vast majority (466) are demons. There are also 26 warlocks, 39 vampires, 18 darklighters, 11 mortals and 50 miscellaneous others. The Charmed Ones themselves account for 374 killings. Of the remainder, 127 are vanquished by other demons, 23 by Cole, 25 by Leo, 27 by Billie and Christy and 34 by various others.

As Jeremy said in the first episode, "I am not the only one". No kidding, mate!

Blessed be.

Score: 10.0
  • With the help of Leo, Piper must find a way to go back and warn herself so that she may save her sisters.

Was an amazing episode, one of my favorite in the entire series, mostly because you get to see the beautiful boys again all grown up :) And boy did they grow up good! It was an amazing ending to an amazing show, they made sure to bring in everyone you'd want to see. A sure tribute that all fans could be proud of! While it ended the Charmed series and tied up all the loose ends it still left room if there was ever to be a sequel series of a spin-off of the show. A must see for every charmed fan!!