Forever Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 21, 2006 on The WB

• SO IT ENDS.....

Absolutely brilliant! After last week's spectacular shootout, this is the perfect way to end the series; upbeat, cheerful and packed with action from one end to the other. We all know what happens so I shan't bother with the plot. All I'll say is don't try to make sense of it. You won't.

Totally the right decision to bring in so many family members. Yes, some of the reasons for involving them are pretty spurious but who cares? The actors look like they are really enjoying themselves and the interaction is beautiful. I'm glad they chose not to include Billie in the group hug; it wouldn't have been right.

There are so many good bits to choose from: Grams fainting, Wyatt yelling "Uncle Coop", Patty leaping out on Victor. I don't think I stopped smiling all the way through. For me, the highlight was seeing the Charmed Sons together. I never rated Drew Fuller before but he actually looks quite fit in this episode. Must be the shorter hair. Not sure why they portrayed Wyatt as such a goof but there you go. Wes Ramsey still rocks. A bit more Henry and it would have been beyond perfect. This may not be the funniest, the darkest or the most dramatic episode, and it may have plotholes the size of Sweden, but in terms of closure it really couldn't be better. Christy is vanquished with her own power, the Triad is gone forever and the Charmed Ones finally get the lives they want. The narrative at the end rounds things off perfectly and we even get an insight into the next generation. For the first and only time in the series, I'm giving it ten out of ten.

So that's it! As the only person who has reviewed every episode in order, I can honestly say it's been a wonderful ride. Yes, there have been some bum episodes and, yes, the magical creatures were excruciating, but there have been some stunning stories and some wonderful acting. Special thanks go to Holly, Brian, Alyssa and Rose for keeping things going right to the end, and to Shannen and Julian for their earlier roles. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Brad Kern. He doesn't get much thanks on this site but without him none of this would have happened.

Over the course of the series, a staggering 610 evil beings are vanquished. The vast majority (466) are demons. There are also 26 warlocks, 39 vampires, 18 darklighters, 11 mortals and 50 miscellaneous others. The Charmed Ones themselves account for 374 killings. Of the remainder, 127 are vanquished by other demons, 23 by Cole, 25 by Leo, 27 by Billie and Christy and 34 by various others.

As Jeremy said in the first episode, "I am not the only one". No kidding, mate!

Blessed be.