Forever Charmed

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 21, 2006 on The WB

• Season 7's finale was the end of Charmed for me. I own Season 8 but I have to say that the ending here left me cold. It disrespected Pru's death and the rules that came with it and treated Pru and the shows mythology like they never mattered.

Season 7's finale was the throw it together end of the series but it was far more successful in ending the series then this "very lets bring everyone back to hug and kiss and give everyone exactly what they want" piece of overly cheesey garbage.

The finale of Charmed needed to be about the sisters and the power of three. This was done with great success in Season 7 as the Charmed ones faced an all mighty demon,vanquished him with the help of Pru's power (thanking her in the process) and then moving on with their lives at last. BUT then they bought it back and for the fan boy in me I wanted more Charmed. But after all the hype about the 7 part finale and the idea that they might top themselves and Pru might return OR she would at least be recognised as well as she was in Season 7 this ending was atrocious.

EVERYONE who had died in the Halliwell family came back for a cameo but even in the flashback to their childhood Pru did not appear. The scene with the little girl with a season 1 Pru haircut gave me hope they would refer to her but it was just Piper as a kid. In the end Pru is pawned off by Piper saying 'Oh Mom not now.' Completely disrespectful and dismissive.

Then to make matters worse Piper and Pheobe are saved and bought back from the dead. HELLO! They aren't allowed to do that. Piper was told in Season 4 she could not bring Pru back because they could not use Magic for personal gain NOR was it right to bring Pru back from the dead as her death was meant to happen to save the world and it was an impossible thing to be done. BUT NO in the finale of the series Piper finds away to save Pheobe and Paige and even jumps past their deaths all the way back to before Pru died. Yet only two are saved and Piper never considers this a chance to save her eldest sister.

All in all a decent episode but not the end of Charmed for me. It screwed around to much with the mythology of the show, made the sisters appear to not care about Pru and ended with the dumbest and cheesiest ending I've ever seen. All in all 5 out of 10 was all I could give this because it just failed on almost every level to tie the show up successfully.