Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Am I the only one who hated Phoebe and Cole?

rebachick94

[1]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 16

Most of the people I talk to absolutely adore Phoebe and Cole but I never liked Cole at all. I think Phoebe and Cole should have never exsisted. Am I the only one?

Edited on 07/15/2008 9:58am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fallon97

[2]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    I was never a big Cole fan, either, and I never liked Phoebe and Cole as a couple.

CWer1992

[3]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think they where good when he was good which was rare.

rebachick94

[4]Jul 15, 2008
    Well, I never liked them at all. I started watching Charmed in 2004 when it was almost over. I saw how much Piper hated him in "The Seven Year Witch" and I hadn't see the episodes with him in it. He came along and I saw what he did to them. Then I understood why she hated him so much.

allydudz01

[5]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    no i think the same i never liked them together either

HarmlessAngel

[6]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    i do understand cole haters but im not one of them.. in the importance of being phoebe at the end wen phoebe was tellin cole tht she felt nothing for him....i felt soooooooo sorry for him

TeemerDJ

[7]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    I don't know why you all hate Phoebe/cole. Maybe you mean you hate the way their relationship kept getting road blocks. Their relationship was epic.
    To Phoebe falling in love with Cole, Cole losing his demonhood b/c his inlove with Phoebe, Cole going back to evil, Cole becoming the Source even though he still loves Phoebe. Pheobe falling completely out of love with him in Season 5. And I like the way that Phoebe could sense Cole was in limbo at the manor in "The Seven Year Witch". They might not have been destined to end up together, but they wear meant to BE together, which they were.
    And don't say that you didn't believe Phoebe's soul mate was Cole when her true love's name turned out to begin with "C" in "All Halliwell's Eve".

dreamsingr

[8]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah, I was never really a fan of Cole and Phoebe.

I always thought he was too controling.

I did like it when they brought him back in season 7. Things like that are awesome!

I wish they were able to bring Prue back.

RosAzzo

[9]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    I loved Pheobe and Cole together but when Cole was good

rach022

[10]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 7

I agree with you totally! And I believe that the "C" was meant to be Cole and most definitely NOT Coop! That relationship seemed far too rushed for my liking - all to make sure that Phoebe got a happy in love ending!

TeemerDJ wrote:
    I don't know why you all hate Phoebe/cole. Maybe you mean you hate the way their relationship kept getting road blocks. Their relationship was epic. To Phoebe falling in love with Cole, Cole losing his demonhood b/c his inlove with Phoebe, Cole going back to evil, Cole becoming the Source even though he still loves Phoebe. Pheobe falling completely out of love with him in Season 5. And I like the way that Phoebe could sense Cole was in limbo at the manor in "The Seven Year Witch". They might not have been destined to end up together, but they wear meant to BE together, which they were. And don't say that you didn't believe Phoebe's soul mate was Cole when her true love's name turned out to begin with "C" in "All Halliwell's Eve".

dcpgaus

[11]Jul 16, 2008
    I agree - I could never understand the whole Cole-Phoebe love story thing. It went on and on and on - until it became really boring. It was initially interesting to watch evil Cole trying to get Phoebe but then the sisters took ages to catch on that he was evil - and it made them look stupid! The best episodes of this long-winded story was when evil Cole married Phoebe - and she became half evil. This storyline could have done with more expansion (it was great to see Phoebe evil and fireballing demons on a whim) but the whole storyline was wrapped up in a few episodes - and we were back to the annoying drama of Phoebe loves/hates Cole...

rebachick94

[12]Jul 16, 2008
    TeemerDJ wrote:

And don't say that you didn't believe Phoebe's soul mate was Cole when her true love's name turned out to begin with "C" in "All Halliwell's Eve".

Actually I never believed that Cole was her soul mate. I really didn't. I always knew they weren't going to wind up together.

addict666

[13]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 45
    I think their relationship brought a lot to the show and i loved them together

funnyman1278

[14]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 4

As much as I love Phoebe I just found Cole plain annoying. I couldnt stand his voice, his character was meh, and i just never really liked them.

TeemerDJ

[15]Jul 18, 2008
    funnyman1278 wrote:

As much as I love Phoebe I just found Cole plain annoying. I couldnt stand his voice, his character was meh, and i just never really liked them.

really...I love Julian McMahon's voice, where's he originally from...New Zealand?

th77

[16]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 24
    CWer1992 wrote:
    I think they where good when he was good which was rare.
    Agreed, so I liked him for maybe.. 6 episodes then I couldn't stand him!

charmed_babe64

[17]Jul 19, 2008
    Phoebe and Cole were brilliant together and face it, without them the series would not have gone on so long! After he got vanquished in season 5 storylines became all about Piper's children which wasn't so intriguing. I hated that they made Phoebe be a total bully to him at the end. He only became evil so that he could save her when the old source was going to vanquish the charmed ones, and if Phoebe had accepted him after he became good again things would have been perfect. I hate Paige for ruining their pairing!

Coop was cheesy, annoying and definitely not Phoebe's soul mate. She only married him because she felt her biological clock was ticking and desperately wanted children.

TeemerDJ

[18]Jul 20, 2008
    charmed_babe64 wrote:
    Phoebe and Cole were brilliant together and face it, without them the series would not have gone on so long! After he got vanquished in season 5 storylines became all about Piper's children which wasn't so intriguing. I hated that they made Phoebe be a total bully to him at the end. He only became evil so that he could save her when the old source was going to vanquish the charmed ones, and if Phoebe had accepted him after he became good again things would have been perfect. I hate Paige for ruining their pairing!

Coop was cheesy, annoying and definitely not Phoebe's soul mate. She only married him because she felt her biological clock was ticking and desperately wanted children.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you about the Coop thing. But, hey maybe Pheebs was meant to marry Love? I also agree, that Phoebe should've taken Cole back, at least when he lost his powers to Barbas, they really didn't HAVE to give him his powers back, they coul've trapped them ina mystical cage or box,, or sent them to the Wasteland, r what ever. I think Phoebe was just bitter. Wouldn't you be bitter to, after all the crap that happened with her and Cole over the three years?

But,, I don't agree with you about Paige runing their relationship. She's the one who brought Cole back in the Season 5 Premier, and realized that Phoebe sstill loved him nd she urged Phoebe to give Cole a second chance (well not urge but gave her a look and said a commen) in Siren's Song.

jack756

[19]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    for me cole made me hate phoebes character more and more i was like how can u let this guy trick u so much even prue knew he was bad news when they didnt believe her but i think the writers tryed to make phoebe and cole love story like piper and leos which piper and leos was way better than phoebe and cole and it felt like a copy of buffy and angel but i never like cole or phoebe toghter i liked them apart more

charmed_babe64

[20]Jul 21, 2008
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    charmed_babe64 wrote:

I hate to say it, but I agree with you about the Coop thing. But, hey maybe Pheebs was meant to marry Love? I also agree, that Phoebe should've taken Cole back, at least when he lost his powers to Barbas, they really didn't HAVE to give him his powers back, they coul've trapped them ina mystical cage or box,, or sent them to the Wasteland, r what ever. I think Phoebe was just bitter. Wouldn't you be bitter to, after all the crap that happened with her and Cole over the three years?

But,, I don't agree with you about Paige runing their relationship. She's the one who brought Cole back in the Season 5 Premier, and realized that Phoebe sstill loved him nd she urged Phoebe to give Cole a second chance (well not urge but gave her a look and said a commen) in Siren's Song.

Yeah Paige brought him back only to vanquish him AGAIN. Without her Cole would not have been vanquished either time.