We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

charmedblu06

[1]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    In season 7 Leo become one. when they made the perfect world, why did the avatars wanted to get rid of the demons? wait theres more. Also in season 5 the avatars want Cole to join them, which he did, but wasn't Cole a demon? I think seasons 5 and 7  contradict one another. what do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NJZ

[2]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 29
    I think they needed them because they were both really powerful and for different causes. They needed Cole because he was invincible and therefore would add to their power as a collective. In season 7, they wanted Leo because not only was he an elder, he was easy to get to and he was their path to The Charmed Ones. They wanted Charmed power so that they could make this so-called 'Utopia' of theirs and Leo was the easiest way to get it.

SMGslayer97

[3]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 34
    It always bothered me that the avatars were just kind of there in season five and we didn't get any kind of explination. Then when they showed up in season seven I was like...I know I've seen them...some place. But I almost forgot.

But actually wanting Cole and Leo makes perfect sense to me. Okay, so at the time in season 5 Cole was the most powerful demon (before he changed everything) so it would make sense that they would want him. I mean to add to the collective. Not to mention even though he and Phoebe were estranged they probably figured he was the closest they could get to the charmed one's at the time. Maybe they wanted to just have the chance to get near them even if they were pulling at a very thin thred.

Going for Leo as soon as they had the chance made sense because now they had a real tangible connection to the girls and he was unstable so they could really monopolize on that and make themselves and their ideas really appealing to him. Not to mention, having an elder might help them sway the other elders to their side so they could keep their "Utopia". Just as having a very high level demon like Cole could have helped them eliminate all the other demons as he could probably take out more of the remaining demons then most.

If their ultimate goal was power then Leo and Cole on their side makes real sense to me.

NJZ

[4]Sep 2, 2006
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    If their ultimate goal was power then Leo and Cole on their side makes real sense to me.

Thats true, not to mention that both Leo and Cole had connections with The Charmed Ones. And the Avatars would love to have that kind of power.

becky_halliwell

[5]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    i think i missed some episodes. what happened with the whole utopia thing. why didn't it work? were the avatars really evil after all? i really don't understand what happened lol. thanks in advance.

shadowspy24

[6]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    The avatars couldn't care less if the person was good or evil all they wanted was power to shape the world into their utopia.

The reason it didn't work out was cos Zankou showed Leo what the avatars were really doing. In the utopia if anyone causes conflict like starting a fight or something, they get erased immediately and people forget about them. So they were killing troublesome innocents to protect their utopia. So Leo teamed up with Zankou and got the girls to make more avatar killing potions, which they then usd to threaten the avatars to put the world back to the way it was. They did so saying the world was not ready for utopia yet and they will try again in a few thousand years.

becky_halliwell

[7]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    ok cheers. it all makes sense now lol

hobbie234

[8]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 21

The Avatars never cared about good or evil.  They lied to Leo to get to the Charmed Ones, but remember they didn't bother lying to Cole.  Avatar Alpha said to Cole: "Our powers aren't meant to be used for personal gain Cole.  There to be used to shape a future that we control" 

NJZ

[9]Sep 2, 2006
    hobbie234 wrote:

The Avatars never cared about good or evil.  They lied to Leo to get to the Charmed Ones, but remember they didn't bother lying to Cole.  Avatar Alpha said to Cole: "Our powers aren't meant to be used for personal gain Cole.  There to be used to shape a future that we control" 

They lied to Leo because they knew that if he or the Charmed Ones got suspicious, they'd be in trouble. Cole didn't really care about anything but Phoebe.

LordPoeTyt

[10]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    Wouldn't it have great to have Cole stay on the show as an avatar instead of dying in such a depressing way?? Just a thought.

TC_88

[11]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    No because he wld even poss a bigger threat with all that power. And if u say he goes in hiding, the sisters' mind wld never be at ease because they wont be certain he's sitting watching reruns of Buffy; they'd think he's planning something else...something more devious than the last.

Shortpenguin

[12]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 18
    To me it seems that the avatars also went after the fallen people with power. Both Cole and Leo had fallen when the avatars had shown up. (As Gunn would say "They lost the mission.") So not only those close to the Charmed Ones to help the Utopia but it seems that they went after Cole and Leo for the same reason if you think about it.

simmysimfreak

[13]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 6

all of you make sense

but my theory is they wanted to get close to the charmed ones, yes, but like they said in season 5 they were a verry small group that needed more people.... so here my theory: they went to powerfull people when they were depressed.

think about it they aproached cole when he was all depressed about phoebe

and they started to torment leo when he was depressed about gidion

it makes perfect sense

kelley0528

[14]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 14
    The Avatars appraoched both Cole and Leo when they felt hopeless. Their only goal was to deprive humanity of their free will and assert their own view of what the world should be. I think they let Cole turn back time to attempt to get Phoebe back because they sensed that might be the only way to get Cole under any kind of control.