first off i want to thank everyone who has responded to my post it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that i got the debate going so strongly says something about my opinions and their effect now on to respond to the responses to the responses.
1) hmmm th77 i would ask you why you defeat your own arguements considering that you actually explained away one of your own complaint about cole being an avatar and dying but i still think they did it right considering the avatars were undefined at the time so wether or not the writers were paying attention later is still up for debate but consider this i could have from other sources that caused the incosistancy or from the fact it could have been another writer during the time the avtars were defined vs when cole was an avatar
2) now onto the cleaners the cleaners were there to provide another source of drama surrounding piper leo and wyatt and the cleaners were also there to clean up bigger messes than mortals could handle as for not interveing with prue come on do we have to go over it again they didn't have the cleaners there because well shannen didn't want to do it anymore plus the sisters were able to solve it with the help of the source and tempus not necessary for someone as powerful as the cleaners to get involved plus the deal with the source added a bit of tension to the whole thing plus it also forshadowed phoebe's fall to rise again and become queen of the underworld(realize i use the terms fall and rise in moral sense since we all know phoebe didn't die during that or during her time with cole as far as i remember)
3) ok penny's appearance change from one instance of time travel to the next simple explanatio she is a witch duh she probably used magic that or it is just a different actress from one instance of time travel to the next either way take the show reason of the on the set reason but either way it is something we live with,
4) ok piper and phoebe forgetting that their powers work before they were born well time travel is coimplex and unpredictable at best which is why i don't like it as a plot device there could have been the possibility that their powers could have worked since they stepped through time on purpose unlike paige since it was in one case to stop an invicible warlock
5) to address the issue about prue not getting a visit from the afterlife much as i like her as a character i think she was underserving of such because she was sooo self assured/arrogant why would she need it or deserve it