Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Biggest Plot-Hole?

charmed4eva112

[341]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 20
    Ok, so yeah, I've got a few thoughts about plot holes in Charmed. They most likely have already been brought up in this thread, but I want to ask them anyways. 1) Ok, I understand the whole Wyatt/Chris thing. I mean, either the prophecy has somehow been altered, or the writers just wanted a twist of there being a boy in Day the Magic Died and ran with it, so Wyatt is the most powerful witch in the world, blah, blah blah. But why isn't Chris as powerful? Ok, so maybe his future has altered since season 6 and he is powerful, but he's the son of an Elder and a Charmed One. Shouldn't technically, Chris be the most powerful witch instead of Wyatt?

2) In Witchstock, I know the whole years/ages thing got messed up and I completely blame the writers for not focusing on getting all that right. But when Grams turned back into a hippie chick, shouldn't the Charmed Ones have changed too? And shouldn't Chris have changed/disappeared and Leo as well? I mean, their grandmother is not a fighter, so Piper, Paige and Phoebe should have been hippie/powerless/dead as well, thus getting rid of Chris and Wyatt.

3) The Avatars. They just make no sense. Season 5, they didn't have a complete purpose per say. They turned Cole into one of them, told him not to alter reality too much, and stuff. Then season 7, they seemed to have a completely different motive. They seemed evil at first, you know, bothering Leo to the point of him going on a vision quest and seeing his dead future son. They recruit him, completely turn 'good' yet Kyle thinks they are evil, have a good motive, then when accomplishing their goal, they turn back to sort of evil/good and start killing people because they do bad things. I know they're supposed to be neutral, leaning to the good side, but most times, they were just annoying and seemed evil and mean. 4) The Triad. How the hell did they come back in the eight season? Maybe I missed something, but I swore they were all killed off and I thought they stayed dead. I think they were stupid and useless. Which brings me to my so far final point:

5) What the hell is up with the Ultimate Power being Billie and her stupid, evil sister? They somehow became the most powerful witches/power in the show? What about the Charmed Ones? I understood Wyatt, at least he was related to the most powerful witches ever, but Billie and Christy? Seriously, did the writers pull them out of thin air? I'm glad they were defeated, but it made it seem that Billie and Christy were more powerful than Piper, Paige and Phoebe, which is stupid because that just defied the whole entire plot of the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silverfoxy8472

[342]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 14

welcome to the thread charmed4eva112 now to respond to you with gusto

1) ahhhh yesss the prophices and how they conflict plot hole but this is the thing about prophecies conflicting prophecies can exist about the same bloodline aka the warren/halliwell witches because no two people who prophicise are in communication and even if they were they are not gonna say ok my vision will bend to yours because yours is older each one must honor what they have seen though the thought about the prophecy or prophicies being corrupted through the ages holds water i am not so sure especially if they were written down by the original people though in both cases we were never shown a parchment as far as i remember.

2) ehhhhh witchstock it is on now though i am not watching it the simple reason is this it is a very rare writer who can handle time travel correctly this is yet another example of a writer trying to handle something he or she couldn't handle to put it to its simplest terms yes bad writers

3) ahhh the avatar......the avatars claimed eventually that they were COMPLETELY honest but they were not at all because they never said oh gee by the way before we recruited you we recruited your immortal psychotic demon ex husband if they had do you think phoebe would have gone along with the avatars AT ALL?

4) how the triad came back was explain by the demons who teamed up with the charmed ones it may have taken longer considering cole's power

5) it maybe more accurcate to say they were the most powerful evil power yes even beyond the triad the triad is the most powerful demons if they were the most powerful evil power they wouldn't have needed billie and christie. the female elder explained this that they had at least christi in hiding before the entire show happened. the main plot hole of billie and christie is this chritisie spoke about the avatars and how the charmed one changed the world for their benefit but only the most powerful demons could shield themselves from the spell the demons who were holding christie were not powerful enough so therefore christie as well as billie should have been affected the demons of all sorts seem not to have been affected because the good vs evil is so deep within them they couldn't be "helped" by the spell.

jack756

[343]Feb 17, 2010
    jack756 wrote:

the biggest plot holes for me was

the book of shadows can be taken out the house to evil cant touch it.

the cleaners(i think everyone knows why i choose this one)

the powers(on season 1 thank you for not morphing it says only women get power so how in the world do wyatt and chris have witch powers)

1.the crystals(in s3 its clear prue came up with the ideal but on witchstock they made it look like grams came up with it.if thats the case prue would have told her sister about it b/c she was studying the block
    2.phoebes empath power(how did piper vanquish a grimlock without a potion i can see phoebe killing 1 with her powers but how did piper do that.also piper,paige and chris took a potion to block out her power but on my three witches she sense piper emotions,then on,chris-crossed she sense chris emotions,then on the cortship of wyatt she sense piper at the hosiptal.so how is that possible
    3.the power of 3(they need it to summon ghosts but after prue left it staretd to get where they didnt need it anymore how'd that happen)
    charmed s1-4 was great not perfect but greatbut s5-8 has left me with a bad memory of charmed forever..

silverfoxy8472

[344]Feb 19, 2010

nice a very interesting response...

1) Jack756 wow where to begin first let me point out the first three seasons were setup contridicted alot later

1 as far i know within the first three seasons the book was never taken out of the house (different plane but within the house still technically) as for evil touching it yes Abbraxas was evil but that is just poor writing that's all no true explaination

2) the cleaners (yawn) been there done that sooo many time the end of season three was a destined event because of off screen fighting but i shall say what i said before the source cole and the charmed one with the help of tempus good and evil on mortal levels worked it out plus the cleaners were an invention of a bit later.

3) again during setup they said things but again later contridicted because of things i consider at least a half way decent plot even if they didn't do it one hundred percent correctly especially since they messed up the time travel thing but chris was a decent plot.

3) all of them evtually moved beyond needing the power of three to both vanquish demons(well for the most part) and summon ghosts a measure of their power as witches.

4) as much as i liked the eldest in the first season because of her independence and drive to succeed i liked and still like seasons four through eight better sorry.

5) ok this one is to everyone besides discussing the biggest plot hole. this is my simple question. What is your favorite episode or episodes in seasons one through three. what is your favorite episode or episodes of seasons four through eight?

Edited on 03/01/2010 5:23am

CharmedOneP391

[345]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 19

:

5) ok this one is to everyone besides discussing the biggest plot hole. this is my simple question. What is your favorite episode or episodes in seasons one through three. what is your favorite episode or episodes of seasons four through eight?

IMO episodes that stick out most in the first 3 seasons are: Something Wicca this Way Comes, That '70s Episode, Blind Sided, Deja' Vu All Over Again, Morality Bites,P3 H20, Pardon My Past, Sight Unseen, Primose Empath, Pre-Witched, and All Hell Breaks Loose.

From seasons 4-8: Charmed Again, Hell Hath no Fury, Charmed and Dangerous, Long Live the Queen, Womb Raider, The Eyes Have It, Centennial Charmed, Sense and Sensibility, Power of Three Blondes(i like this one for some weird reason), Sword and the City, Chris-Crossed, I Dream of Phoebe, Styx Feet Under, Ordinary Witches, The Seven Year Witch, Death Becomes Them, Something Wicca this Way Goes, Rewitched, Hulkus Pulkus, Vaya Con Leos, Repo Manor, Engaged and Confused, Jung and the Restless, Kill Billie Vol.2 and Forever Charmed.

Best episode first 3 seasons-Deja Vu all Over Again or All Hell Breaks Loose

Best episode seasons 4-8- Between Charmed & Dangerous, Centennial Charmed, Something Wicca this Way Goes, or Kill Billie, vol 2.

Edited on 03/05/2010 2:04pm

silverfoxy8472

[346]Mar 10, 2010

cool a response and a great one too.

CharmeOneP391 i wish i could agree with all of them but that is ok lets see from seasons 1-3 my favorites are

blinded by the whitelighter(just saw it today) primrose empath(mostly for the ending though) pardon my past was interesting may have more later

seasons 4-8 hmmmm hell hath no fury, centinnel charmed (the end of the cole saga) long live the queen was good but i knew the outcome in the end. more may come later.

you have a wonderful list even if i don't agree with alot of them or at least i don't think i do at the moment.

something which i know people have mentioned before and i think will create a bit of debate here it goes.

the plotline about wyatt it is said he is the most powerful witch of the modern age.... did we EVER see any powers no one else has manifested outside of a projection that was put in that shouldn't have been?

question to one and all much as i dislike cole my question is this did they truly give him a full chance at redemption?

Edited on 07/16/2010 7:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

silverfoxy8472

[347]Mar 1, 2013

ok i know it has been a while but something has been bugging me but as asked in trivia and quotes how couldDumain show Billie a hologram of a future that has been changed from evil to good? not to mention how could christy know that the charmed ones remade the world with the avatars?especially if these demons were insulated for long enough to turn christy into a cold blooded killer? not to forget the spell affected anyone who was involved in itunknowingly. The main cast aka the charmed ones leo and the avatars were of course UNAFFECTED.

Noremac39

[348]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 1

How about Tempus...........He dies in S3 finale because he reverses time....he did it several times in S1. It showed no signs of hurting him plus that was 2 whole years ago!!!! You're telling me after 2 years he's still affected by what happened?!!!