Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Biggest Plot-Hole?

silverfoxy8472

[101]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 14

ok ok where to begin again aside from the whole demons and loving thing seems to have been dropped but that is ok

lets address the issues at hand

1) *sighs* ok wow this one keeps coming up with piper and coop's ring in forever charmed now there is two reasons it was not done one is on show which i will say first the other is off show which i will say second 1) the on show reason is they were focused on saving the other two sisters phoebe and paige because to piper it seemed that her worst fear was coming true again and she knew she had the power in this case (coop's ring) to stop it from ever happening 2) the off show reason is that shannen doherty has full rights to all images of her to be used ever and that never expires and after breaking ties with the show she basically didn't allow the use of her images at all 3) now this is something i have said before but off screen her death was not planned but once the desire to leave came in it became her on show destiny to die no help from the cleaners who didn't need to be involved because the agents of good and evil solved it sufficently without them if that doesn't fly sorry but it is the truth

2) ahhhh the whole leo and patty thing simply put would you not find it strange that piper phoebe and prue were the first to meet him just out of the blue and they never said he was patty's whitlighter (which was sam) they just connected them through a sit in type event and that there were feelings they never got around to exploring (if they did paige would've never been born) this is not a plot hole she just knew leo making a connection to the halliwells which i think makes sense because him appearing out of the blue to just piper's gen would have been even more suspicious and made everyone think even more this guy is evil this was a clean up for not explaining it sooner and frankly i am proud of kern and company for doing it.

3) i agree the writers should watch the show so that can be educated in the mythos they are writing for.

4) i don't remember if they said his name was chris perry haliwell when he was born but baby chris was born after adult chris went home after "dying"

5) well remember in san fran it would be very difficult to truly say what is behind alot of event even ones we think are obvious it is easy to dismiss things with a logical explanation trust me irl i practice magick so i know this from personal experience

6) jh1984x it was not a feeling she tapped into with demon power it was her using a power called channeling which was an extension of the empathy though as i have said before it think it should have been seperate and there should have been consequences to her tapping them but c'est la vie

sincerely,

silverfoxy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

th77

[102]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 24
    JoshSutton wrote:

tvfan332 wrote:
    Something confuses me about empathy, it was mentioned that it would let her tap into the demons powers, right? Well, why could she basically send fireballs hurtling back at them? I mean, it didn't give her telekinesis, it just gave her the ability to use their powers...ugh, this is confusing me. I'd go back and watch season six to try to understand more but to be honest I've suffered through it once and I'm not ready to watch that dreadful season again.

Haha! Agree with you on that season 6 was dreadful. I think erm Phoebe was able to throw fireballs back because the demons could.

But thinking about it, when Prue had empathy i don't remember her tapping into the demon's powers. It just enhanced her own.

You are correct she didn't, she only got personally stronger.. But I guess it could be said that since she wasn't suppose to have it that she never got the full effects, I don't know like everyone else I agree the power was silly

silverfoxy8472

[103]Jun 2, 2008

ok quickly a comment on season 8 not about plot holes or anything like that just a quick comment i am watching season 1 right now and knowing all that we know i see within piper that she has always done for the greater good and in season 8 just wanted the rightful rewards of faithful serivice to the greater good no matter who was in charge of it she always did what was right why should she get a normal life she wishes for soo much

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[104]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 37

silverfoxy8472 wrote:
    why should she get a normal life she wishes for soo much

Um, I dunno...because she and her sisters killed thousands of demons, including some of the strongest demons ever, she lost her sister and mother because of demons, and her husband was frozen because of demons. Why shouldn't she get a normal life?

If you ask me, the sister shoud've taken the angel of destiny's offer at the end season 4.

NJZ

[105]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 29
    tvfan332 wrote:

silverfoxy8472 wrote:

Um, I dunno...because she and her sisters killed thousands of demons, including some of the strongest demons ever, she lost her sister and mother because of demons, and her husband was frozen because of demons. Why shouldn't she get a normal life?

If you ask me, the sister shoud've taken the angel of destiny's offer at the end season 4.

Ah, yes. It would've relieved them off their witchly duties (though they did make a good point about feeling powerless when they weren't witches) and it would've spared the viewers the torture known as the last 4 seasons.

WillowMoonLight

[106]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    NJZ wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

silverfoxy8472 wrote:

Ah, yes. It would've relieved them off their witchly duties (though they did make a good point about feeling powerless when they weren't witches) and it would've spared the viewers the torture known as the last 4 seasons.

I really like the last 4 seasons....Well ok season 8 was pretty bad but 5 and 6 were good. besides if they had ended at season four you never would have gotten to meet Broady (who was the best guy for Paige..Henry sux) or Chris (who was by far the cutest guy) Speaking of Kyle that was a pretty big plot hole. They made him a whitelighter and then he disappears forever. Why couldn't him and Paige continue seeing each other?

Edited on 06/02/2008 1:20pm

silverfoxy8472

[107]Jun 3, 2008

growls

ok where to begin oh yes with my mistake that everyone jumped on i meant why shouldn't piper get the normal life she desires

this is the exact quote " ok quickly a comment on season 8 not about plot holes or anything like that i am watching season 1 right now and knowing all we know i see within piper that she has always done for the greater good and in season 8 she just wanted the rightful rewards of faithful service to the greater good no matter who was in charge of it she always did what was right why should she get a normal life she wishes for sooo much sincerely, silverfoxy"

1) now next time before all of you jump on the band wagon for a simple mistake read the full post sheesh i had been saying in that post and all along the piper deserves her greatest desire not that she doesn't deserve it

2) now tv fan332 if they had taken the offer of the angel of destiny the show would have been over and it was still popular and i had read that holly said she would make charmed until ppl didn't want it anymore and at season 8 i am willing to bet ratings were starting to tapir off.and njz the last four seasons were not torture they were very enjoyable i enjoyed quite a few of the episodes in fact about 90% of them imho were winners i would even go as far as 95%

3) kyle was needed elsewhere and the writers wanted to make paige different the other two married magickals/former magicks they needed to show that witches could like the other side of the coin as well.

very unhappily,

silverfoxy

super_friend21

[108]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 27
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

growls

ok where to begin oh yes with my mistake that everyone jumped on i meant why shouldn't piper get the normal life she desires

this is the exact quote " ok quickly a comment on season 8 not about plot holes or anything like that i am watching season 1 right now and knowing all we know i see within piper that she has always done for the greater good and in season 8 she just wanted the rightful rewards of faithful service to the greater good no matter who was in charge of it she always did what was right why should she get a normal life she wishes for sooo much sincerely, silverfoxy"

1) now next time before all of you jump on the band wagon for a simple mistake read the full post sheesh i had been saying in that post and all along the piper deserves her greatest desire not that she doesn't deserve it

2) now tv fan332 if they had taken the offer of the angel of destiny the show would have been over and it was still popular and i had read that holly said she would make charmed until ppl didn't want it anymore and at season 8 i am willing to bet ratings were starting to tapir off.and njz the last four seasons were not torture they were very enjoyable i enjoyed quite a few of the episodes in fact about 90% of them imho were winners i would even go as far as 95%

3) kyle was needed elsewhere and the writers wanted to make paige different the other two married magickals/former magicks they needed to show that witches could like the other side of the coin as well.

very unhappily,

silverfoxy

Chillout!

silverfoxy8472

[109]Jun 3, 2008

now we can get back to discussing interesting plot holes

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[110]Jun 3, 2008
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

Sorry for jumping on your comment, but to me the post came across as you saying Piper didn't deserve a real life away from magic. Maybe I read your post wrong or something...

NJZ

[111]Jun 3, 2008
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:
    and njz the last four seasons were not torture they were very enjoyable i enjoyed quite a few of the episodes in fact about 90% of them imho were winners i would even go as far as 95%

Of the 90 or so episodes in those 4 seasons, I'd say 20 were winners and I liked most of the episodes. But then again, there were more terrible episodes than there were winners. And that just furthers my opinion that the last 4 seasons shouldn't have existed (though I do think SWTWG would've been a much more suitable way to end the series than FC or Witch Way Now).

silverfoxy8472

[112]Jun 4, 2008

*sighs*

to respond to the only recent posts i have seen

1) tvfan332 that is why it is important to read the entire post and see the over all tone of it.

2) ok njz wow congrats i have no counter except for this that is the wonderful thing about this board we can all disagree and be friends i hope and i heartily disagree but that is what this board is about talking about plot holes (which i think we have strayed from) and agreeing or disagreeing on them.

3) a request can we please get back to the interesting plot holes now please PLEASE!!!

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[113]Jun 4, 2008
    I did read your whole post, it's just hard to understand something that doesn't contain full-stops. I don't mean to be rude or anything though, and like I said when I replied back, that I must have read your post wrong.

Telekinesis429

[114]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    OKAY! Here's another plot hole:
    In the third episode we meet Victor, the Charmed Ones father, and his name is "Victor Halliwell". However the next time we meet him, his name is "Victor Bennet". The next time his name changes is in Pardon My Past [he doesn't appear, but his name does...on the family tree], and his name is "Victor Jones". Then, in throughout the rest of the series his name is "Victor Bennett" [with two t's].

Any thoughts....

NJZ

[115]Jun 4, 2008
    I hadn't even noticed that before. I just always assumed he was Victor Bennett. Strange.

tvfan332

[116]Jun 4, 2008

Telekinesis429 wrote:
    OKAY! Here's another plot hole: In the third episode we meet Victor, the Charmed Ones father, and his name is "Victor Halliwell". However the next time we meet him, his name is "Victor Bennet". The next time his name changes is in Pardon My Past [he doesn't appear, but his name does...on the family tree], and his name is "Victor Jones". Then, in throughout the rest of the series his name is "Victor Bennett" [with two t's]. Any thoughts....

Yes,
    The first Victor was an imposter using super cool mind powers and the sisters just magically forget his name shouldn't have been Halliwell.
    The name on the family tree was just an illusion.
    And Victor Bennett is his real name!

Or, as usual with Charmed the writers have messed up!

mobbs456

[117]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 16

the thing is all shows have plot-holes and inconsistancies.

Buffy Season 7 had large holes, and so did Angel S4.

since charmed is a magical show i guess the continuity can change sometimes for instance where spells are placed in the book of shadows - since the book is magical perhaps it can change its pages.

as for the Prue thing, Shannen declined to reappear (coz she's a silly mere) so she did not reappear, however she was there in spirit in Season Seven finale (she did close the door at the end!).

what was the point of season eight though? i think it should of been left at the superb ending of Season Seven.

what does everyone else think?

bitca360

[118]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    In "Generation Hex" why did Coop show Phoebe a scene with her & Cole from "Centennial Charmed" when showing Phoebe her past loves? That was an alternate Phoebe & Paige was the only one to remember anything from that reality...

Of all the scenes with Phoebe & Cole, they pick one from that episode where it should have had no significance with Phoebe? Did they expect viewers to not notice or are we supposed to think that Coop is so incompetent, he doesn't do a full magical memory background check before taking on new clients?

NJZ

[119]Jun 6, 2008
    mobbs456 wrote:
    as for the Prue thing, Shannen declined to reappear (coz she's a silly mere) so she did not reappear

I'm sick of having to constantly say this, but Shannen was never asked to reappear on the show. You can't decline something that you haven't even been asked about. And bitca360, I've been wondering the same thing. Phoebe should not remember that nor should that "past" even exist since it was an alternate reality. Plus I'm pretty sure Coop's ring can only go back in time, not into different realities. Which is another plot hole which aries from that.

BKuncle

[120]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 4

JoshSutton wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    th77 wrote:
    You are correct she never had the power of reflection..
    Good to know. I'm glad I wasn't forgetting one of the sisters' powers
    Power of reflection? Do you mean deflection? Do i mean deflection? I'm confused... reflection like in a mirror?

The power of reflection....I don't know, but I do think I remember many episodes where Prue sat with her sisters at the end making sense of what had just happened....