Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Biggest Plot-Hole?

silverfoxy8472

[121]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 14

blinks

1) about victor's last name um i am going to first ask how is that a plot hole? secondly if it is proven as a plot hole why would it be significant? sorry don't mean to be rude but it doesn't seem very important to the show overall.

2) well moobs you got my attention congrats well first off is that after they defeated glory ? because after glory (a goddess) i thought them bringing her back from the dimension that was like the womb for her was a terrible idea because well she defeated a goddess where do you go from there defeat the most powerful vamp?( which is still a far cry from a godddess) and angel was that after he defeated the "evil incarnate" which we know has many names which after that i thought it was pointless to go on because well the supreme evil has been defeated wolfram and hart were at best a minimal threat after that so again what will we do go after the second most powerful demon in terms of the show? (still a far cry from he who is evil incarnate) but the point to season eight was simple the charmed ones just reward after being the good warriors they were no matter who was in charge they did what was right by their hearts not anyone elses so season eight was time for piper to get her normal life and phoebe and paige to get a guy who would stay around after hearing the secret and in phoebe's case one that wouldn't drag her down into the underworld that was the point of season eight.

3) bitca360 i noticed that but i seriously think it wasn't a plot hole just a major glaring screw up. but if i had to give an explanation it would be this his ring is not limited to what has happened but other possibilities of what happened as well.

4) NJZ i didn't know she was never asked to reappear but i thought she didn't offer or as you said was ever asked because of the fallout but i really would like this dropped as well.

5) BKuncle please tell me you are kidding about that because even if it was not prue i think tjhere was a witch in the show though she died that had the power of reflection which if it must be defined means that the power is constantly active but only comes truly into play when an attack happens and reflects it back while deflection would require active concentration and doesn't necessarily make the attack go back to the user thus destroying them it could send it off in a random direction

sincerely,

silverfoxy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JoshSutton

[122]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    Yeah this rejection deflection explanation is still really hurting my brain.

HarmlessAngel

[123]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 10

NJZ wrote:
    mobbs456 wrote:
    as for the Prue thing, Shannen declined to reappear (coz she's a silly mere) so she did not reappear
    I'm sick of having to constantly say this, but Shannen was never asked to reappear on the show. You can't decline something that you haven't even been asked about. And bitca360, I've been wondering the same thing. Phoebe should not remember that nor should that "past" even exist since it was an alternate reality. Plus I'm pretty sure Coop's ring can only go back in time, not into different realities. Which is another plot hole which aries from that.

True She Did Not Get Asked, but If They Bought Her Back, It Would Result In One Of The Other Characters Not Coming Back, Because It Would Cost A Lot To Get Her and They Had Already Suffered From Budget Cuts

tvfan332

[124]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 37
    HarmlessAngel wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    mobbs456 wrote:
    as for the Prue thing, Shannen declined to reappear (coz she's a silly mere) so she did not reappear
    I'm sick of having to constantly say this, but Shannen was never asked to reappear on the show. You can't decline something that you haven't even been asked about. And bitca360, I've been wondering the same thing. Phoebe should not remember that nor should that "past" even exist since it was an alternate reality. Plus I'm pretty sure Coop's ring can only go back in time, not into different realities. Which is another plot hole which aries from that.

True She Did Not Get Asked, but If They Bought Her Back, It Would Result In One Of The Other Characters Not Coming Back, Because It Would Cost A Lot To Get Her and They Had Already Suffered From Budget Cuts

Yes, but, if they had to cut characters outta the finale, I'm sure they could've gotten rid of all those family members who really shouldn't have been there in the first place, Herny and Coop, or cut down on celebrity guests who really added nothing to the plot like Janice Dickinson and the guy who played Dex.

NJZ

[125]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 29
    tvfan332 wrote:
    HarmlessAngel wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    mobbs456 wrote:

Yes, but, if they had to cut characters outta the finale, I'm sure they could've gotten rid of all those family members who really shouldn't have been there in the first place, Herny and Coop, or cut down on celebrity guests who really added nothing to the plot like Janice Dickinson and the guy who played Dex.

Yeah. No-one cares about Jason Lewis, Janice Dickinson and the various other people that came and went during the 8th season. I would've taken Prue over all over the unnecessary cast members in the 8th season and in the last episode. I mean, say I had the money but could only pay for either Patty, Penny, Chris, Wyatt, Victor etc... or Prue. I'd choose Prue. I'd try to get Leo too, if it was possible. Other than Piper, Phoebe and Paige, no other characters were absolutely vital to be in the season finale. And bringing Prue back would've satisfied millions of fans. How many people did it satisfy seeing Chris back for a few minutes? About 100 or so fangirls? It just wasn't worth sacrificing someone who was a huge part of the show for characters that people don't really care about all that much.

BKuncle

[126]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

5) BKuncle please tell me you are kidding about that because even if it was not prue i think tjhere was a witch in the show though she died that had the power of reflection which if it must be defined means that the power is constantly active but only comes truly into play when an attack happens and reflects it back while deflection would require active concentration and doesn't necessarily make the attack go back to the user thus destroying them it could send it off in a random direction

Yes my reflection pun was an attempt at humor....obviously a poor attempt......

Phobeo

[127]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 7

Alright, just to change the subject for a bit.

The Council from season 2, did they become The Triad?

What did they think making themselves like demonic charmed ones would give them the edge and help them win so they booted off two demons? I guess that would explain.. what was his name.. Xar I think? They said he used to be a Triad, but what about the other guy?

And another thing that bugs me is; how did the Charmed Ones manage to orb out of the attic, find the How to Banish a Suxen spell, and astral project into the basement without Zankou sensing any of it?

Anyone mind clarifying those two for me?

silverfoxy8472

[128]Jun 13, 2008

*smiles*

1) Phobeo at last no offense to everyone else new plot holes not having to do with prue (though admittedly i sort of started that too) hmmmmm about the council memebers i would have to assume these are the underworld council members not the ones in season six as you stated these ones were from season 2 i think it is quite a possibility actually considering that when the triad resurfaced after the "first vanquishing" was it really the ones that had been vanquished that came back or was it a new triad just becuase they always ressurrect doesn't necessarily mean they did the way we saw in season 8 but by the time they had resurfaced as i was saying the ranks had been soo throughly decimated that it maybe that those members had not been there when the mass vanquish phoebe's demonspawn baby did through the seer so the long winded answer is maybe at best but we will never truly know.

2) as for zankou one possible explanation is his own sheer arrogance he made many mistakes this one was just fatal in fact i think of all demons barbus included he was the most arrogant of all demons and cole was not arrogant just sheer confidence and crazy (which was what got him vanquished in the end) and obsessed of course. but arrogance can blind your senses mortal and magickal i think that is what happened with zankou.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[129]Jun 13, 2008
    NJZ wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:
    HarmlessAngel wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    mobbs456 wrote:

Yeah. No-one cares about Jason Lewis, Janice Dickinson and the various other people that came and went during the 8th season. I would've taken Prue over all over the unnecessary cast members in the 8th season and in the last episode. I mean, say I had the money but could only pay for either Patty, Penny, Chris, Wyatt, Victor etc... or Prue. I'd choose Prue. I'd try to get Leo too, if it was possible. Other than Piper, Phoebe and Paige, no other characters were absolutely vital to be in the season finale. And bringing Prue back would've satisfied millions of fans. How many people did it satisfy seeing Chris back for a few minutes? About 100 or so fangirls? It just wasn't worth sacrificing someone who was a huge part of the show for characters that people don't really care about all that much.

Completely agree. That's what annoys me about Charmed, the writers talk about how the budget has been slashed, yet they go and hire all these celebrities and mini-celebrities to appear in a few episodes. What's the point?

NJZ

[130]Jun 13, 2008
    tvfan332 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:
    HarmlessAngel wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    mobbs456 wrote:

Completely agree. That's what annoys me about Charmed, the writers talk about how the budget has been slashed, yet they go and hire all these celebrities and mini-celebrities to appear in a few episodes. What's the point?

Exactly, there is no point. Personally I don't wholly believe the budget cut story. It doesn't make sense since it seemed like Season 8 had a higher budget than the few before it.
    Edited on 06/13/2008 9:19am

silverfoxy8472

[131]Jun 17, 2008

*sighs(

ok today i have only one thing to say and i hope i don't upset anyone by saying this but what is the point to complaining about the guest stars of the last season yes i think all of us get the point season 8 by alot of ppl was unwanted but there are ppl like me who loved it but that is not the point of this thread we are here to discuss the plot holes of the series could we please stay on subject

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[132]Jun 17, 2008
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

*sighs(

ok today i have only one thing to say and i hope i don't upset anyone by saying this but what is the point to complaining about the guest stars of the last season yes i think all of us get the point season 8 by alot of ppl was unwanted but there are ppl like me who loved it but that is not the point of this thread we are here to discuss the plot holes of the series could we please stay on subject

sincerely,

silverfoxy

Actually, it is on topic if you think about it. How can the sisters bring back any relative under the sun who wasn't a form member of the power of three?

I was basically just saying that, you can't complain about having a low budget when you're hiring celebrities left, right and centre who don't contribute to the plot.

silverfoxy8472

[133]Jun 17, 2008

oh yes Tvfan332 hmm about the family members in the final episode i truly think they added to the episode and gave the charmed ones one last chance to see their grams and their mother which all of them deserved and in the case of the mother phoebe truly deserved to spend time with her and to me it was like a reuinion of the best of the best of the non annyone characters and to have coop and henry not there why would that make sense to not have your mate there in time of crisis and more importantly when they almost died to face adversity is a test of any relationship and in paige's case a trial by fire for her marriage not that henry hadn't passed some grueling tests in the short time they knew each other like the fireball to the should and omg that annoying pompous whitelighter oh sheesh please someone deport him back to whereever but this was one of the biggest tests for could henry handle magick.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[134]Jun 17, 2008

By celebrities who don't add to the plot, I meant like Janice Dickinson and Jason Lewis who added nothing to Charmed's storyline, although Janice was hilarious as usual. The family members who weren't Charmed were getting on my nerves at that point, if it was just Patty or Prue, or just one member I wouldn't have minded, but bringing back two dead characters, and your two grown up sons when you can't bring back one of the characters who made Charmed so brilliant in the first place just annoyed me.

Anyway, you were saying about how Henry proved himself and I absolutely agree. Henry was easily the best new character added to season eight, and Paige/Henry are probably my favourite couple on Charmed.

silverfoxy8472

[135]Jun 18, 2008

ok Tvfan332 hmmmm dex lawson aka jason lewis ugh i hated him but i suspect they needed to have someone before coop to mange the stupidity of their in show "fame" when they were "working" for murphy and as i think phoebe said they were murphy's witches maybe i am getting a bit mixed up but i do remember hating him but hey and janice well no comment she wasn't there long enough to make a difference to me and frankly commenting about someone who showed up once to me seems pointless plus i really don't want to comment on prue again and why she didn't appear in the final episode i consider that subject closed

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[136]Jun 18, 2008
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:

ok Tvfan332 hmmmm dex lawson aka jason lewis ugh i hated him but i suspect they needed to have someone before coop to mange the stupidity of their in show "fame" when they were "working" for murphy and as i think phoebe said they were murphy's witches maybe i am getting a bit mixed up but i do remember hating him but hey and janice well no comment she wasn't there long enough to make a difference to me and frankly commenting about someone who showed up once to me seems pointless plus i really don't want to comment on prue again and why she didn't appear in the final episode i consider that subject closed

sincerely,

silverfoxy

The point was, to get Janice Dickinson on the show would've cost a lot of money, and she was there for all of thirty seconds. I'm just saying that if they're paying for celebrities to appear on the show for a few seconds, then they can't complain about having a low budget.

silverfoxy8472

[137]Jun 18, 2008

tvfan332 well ok i will give you that most definately but that isn't a plot hole is it? besides they just started season 3 this morning ugh and you know who that means has appeared sheesh but that is also another story. is there any true plot holes left for us to actually discuss ?

sincerely,

silverfoxy

silverfoxy8472

[138]Jun 19, 2008

ok since i have seen other off topic things here i have a question for all of you why did they feel a need to corrupt phoebe?

sincerely,

silverfoxy

NJZ

[139]Jun 20, 2008

Sorry to interrupt your question silverfoxy but I have a possible plot hole we could discuss. It's from Forever Charmed (big surprise there).

It's kinda hard to explain coz it's time-travel related so I'm gonna try and make it as simple as possible.

In KBV2/FC, we see Billie & Christy take away baby Wyatt's powers for the hollow thing. Later, we see adult Wyatt return to present time and Chris says something like how they were battling demons and Wyatt suddenly lost his powers. They must've been fighting about 20 or so years in the future, judging by how grown the two looked.

So, if baby Wyatt lost his powers in present time, this should have absolutely no effect on future adult Wyatt since his powers do return within 20 years. Does that make sense?

Basically what I'm saying is that baby Wyatt lost his powers but had his powers return to him whilst he was still a baby. It shouldn't have effected adult Wyatt since time does not work that way. Past actions can change the future but if those past actions are corrected before the future happens, then nothing changes.

For example, say Patty died in "That 70s Episode" from Season 1. That would immediately mean that Phoebe would not exist and so her future self would disappear (since she was never born). But, if Patty died but was somehow brought back to life in sufficient time, Phoebe would exist. The same applies to Wyatt's powers in Season 8.

Sorry if it's really hard to understand. It's hard to explain.

BKuncle

[140]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    NJZ wrote:

Sorry to interrupt your question silverfoxy but I have a possible plot hole we could discuss. It's from Forever Charmed (big surprise there).

It's kinda hard to explain coz it's time-travel related so I'm gonna try and make it as simple as possible.

In KBV2/FC, we see Billie & Christy take away baby Wyatt's powers for the hollow thing. Later, we see adult Wyatt return to present time and Chris says something like how they were battling demons and Wyatt suddenly lost his powers. They must've been fighting about 20 or so years in the future, judging by how grown the two looked.

So, if baby Wyatt lost his powers in present time, this should have absolutely no effect on future adult Wyatt since his powers do return within 20 years. Does that make sense?

Basically what I'm saying is that baby Wyatt lost his powers but had his powers return to him whilst he was still a baby. It shouldn't have effected adult Wyatt since time does not work that way. Past actions can change the future but if those past actions are corrected before the future happens, then nothing changes.

For example, say Patty died in "That 70s Episode" from Season 1. That would immediately mean that Phoebe would not exist and so her future self would disappear (since she was never born). But, if Patty died but was somehow brought back to life in sufficient time, Phoebe would exist. The same applies to Wyatt's powers in Season 8.

Sorry if it's really hard to understand. It's hard to explain.

First, I have to say I do not smoke anything but if you do it may help with this attempt at an explaination.

The timelines already all exist from the beginning of time till the end of time. So everything that has ever happened or will/could happen already exists in a timeline. So time does not really move we just move along a timeline or path. If something happens on a path we already traveled, it would throw us onto a different path. So when Billie and Christy stole Wyatt's power, the future Wyatt and Chris jumped to a different timeline. Being supernatural they realized this so to get back to their preferred timeline, they had to go back and correct the thing that made them jump to the alternate "bad" timeline.

I am still trying to figure out how to go back and correct the incident that threw us into this "bad" timeline and get us onto the one where Brad Kern was fired after season 4 and Constance was brought back and she hired better writers and Shannon came back to the show for many guest appearances each year.