Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Biggest Plot-Hole?

NJZ

[141]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 29

BKuncle wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

Sorry to interrupt your question silverfoxy but I have a possible plot hole we could discuss. It's from Forever Charmed (big surprise there).

It's kinda hard to explain coz it's time-travel related so I'm gonna try and make it as simple as possible.

In KBV2/FC, we see Billie & Christy take away baby Wyatt's powers for the hollow thing. Later, we see adult Wyatt return to present time and Chris says something like how they were battling demons and Wyatt suddenly lost his powers. They must've been fighting about 20 or so years in the future, judging by how grown the two looked.

So, if baby Wyatt lost his powers in present time, this should have absolutely no effect on future adult Wyatt since his powers do return within 20 years. Does that make sense?

Basically what I'm saying is that baby Wyatt lost his powers but had his powers return to him whilst he was still a baby. It shouldn't have effected adult Wyatt since time does not work that way. Past actions can change the future but if those past actions are corrected before the future happens, then nothing changes.

For example, say Patty died in "That 70s Episode" from Season 1. That would immediately mean that Phoebe would not exist and so her future self would disappear (since she was never born). But, if Patty died but was somehow brought back to life in sufficient time, Phoebe would exist. The same applies to Wyatt's powers in Season 8.

Sorry if it's really hard to understand. It's hard to explain.

First, I have to say I do not smoke anything but if you do it may help with this attempt at an explaination.

The timelines already all exist from the beginning of time till the end of time. So everything that has ever happened or will/could happen already exists in a timeline. So time does not really move we just move along a timeline or path. If something happens on a path we already traveled, it would throw us onto a different path. So when Billie and Christy stole Wyatt's power, the future Wyatt and Chris jumped to a different timeline. Being supernatural they realized this so to get back to their preferred timeline, they had to go back and correct the thing that made them jump to the alternate "bad" timeline.

I am still trying to figure out how to go back and correct the incident that threw us into this "bad" timeline and get us onto the one where Brad Kern was fired after season 4 and Constance was brought back and she hired better writers and Shannon came back to the show for many guest appearances each year.

I understood your explanation just fine the first time. I never thought of it that way though.There's one thing that doesn't completely make sense about your explanation. Maybe I'm just not understanding it completely, but how would Wyatt & Chris notice that they've jumped into another timeline? It's fine if, you know, they were fighting and suddenly they were in another place or something. But the only thing that happened was that Wyatt lost his powers. How would they immediately know that it has something to do with what happened about 20 or so years ago? Are we to assume that magic has advanced over the years or something? Or that they have some sort of ESP?

Also, in past episodes we've noted how the sisters are always told not to mess with the past because it can screw up timelines. For example, in "That 70's Episode", Phoebe changes her mind at the last minute and removes the note that could save her mother's life from the Book of Shadows. Had Patty seen the note and the future changed, I highly doubt that future Phoebe, Piper and Prue would've noticed any difference simply because they are supernatural. They wouldn't know anything else so life with their mother still alive would've been normal to them. So, if baby Wyatt's powers were never returned, he would've grown up without any powers. Thus, his adult self would not notice anything different. And therefore, the boys wouldn't have returned in FC

I completely understand what you're saying about timelines existing from the beginning of time and all, I just don't see how any being, supernatural or otherwise, could realise they've jumped timelines. And nor do I think that your theory fits in with what we've seen in previous Charmed episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

silverfoxy8472

[142]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 14

ok njz let me say this first time travel just irks me to no end because when introduced it throws logic out the window the short of it i have no explanation for that hole nor do i care enough to try as ensign kim once said if you think about it too hard your head will start to hurt so i would rather my head not start to hurt a and bkuncle well the whole thing about the writers and shannen coming back frankly i thought rose Mcgowen added much more to the show than shannen did but i am sure this will start a whole thread somewhere down the line about who added more shannen or rose but frankly it is my opinion that rose was better though a bit less confident than prue but that added to her uniqueness and growth but paige also came into the series with an interest in love prue said she wanted the right guy but she was very career minded mind you that is part of being a modern woman just like wanting love and not being afraid to go after it but a day at work doesn't add drama and charmed was first and foremost a drama so i personally think this timeline we are currently on is much better even if brad was not fired though i liked alot of the season 4 and later shows and i mean about 98% of them so that is how i respond to both you and njz.

sincerley,

silverfoxy

ps even though it is off topic could someone answer my previous question?

NJZ

[143]Jun 23, 2008
    silverfoxy8472 wrote:
    ps even though it is off topic could someone answer my previous question?

It depends. What exactly do you mean by corrupting Phoebe? Do you mean as in the character change or something else?

silverfoxy8472

[144]Jun 23, 2008

no njz not changing her character i mean why did they need to have cole drag her down to the underworld and make her his queen.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

Telekinesis429

[145]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 8

Okay I'm ganna try to answer this the way I think you're asking the question. This is how I look at it, Piper couldn't be the queen of the underworld, cause let's face it, that makes NOsense at all because she's married to an angel. If Paige where to become the queen of the underworld, then it wouldn't have the same impact on the audience or characters, because they just met her, so it wouldn't be the most emotional experience of the show. That only leaves Phoebe. However if you're asking why the writer decided to even have the "queen of the underworld" storyline, then I have no answer for you...I think it was basically a way to waste time on the show. It's almost like the writers said, "wait we just killed the worst evil in the universe....now what?". I personally didn't like that story at all. It was a big waste of time, cause watching it...i think we all knew what was ganna happen, Phoebe would recover and kill Cole. That was the bottom line, and I thought it was boring and tedious the way they dragged it out for half a year.

silverfoxy8472

[146]Jun 23, 2008

woah i attracted the attention of the creator of the thread i am honored telekinesis429 you aswered it very well in my opinion i mean didn't she have enough problems to date with all that she had been through with her sister dying and all the times her or her sisters had near deaths not to mention things she had probably transformed into and phoebe was one of the sweetest kindest charatcers before that aftert that she was still sweet but with an edge and yes i will agree it added drama but it also added the annoyance of psyho ex lover cole turned immortal then turned avatar his character turned into charmed's equivlant of alpha from mib the series who was immortal and was there when they needed a story line.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

ps. now back to the plot holes and thank you for answering my off topic question.

rebachick94

[147]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 16

Phoebe and Coop

Telekinesis429

[148]Jun 23, 2008

Okay...I have a plothole, but I don't know if this is correct or not, so bare with me. Okay it takes place in Season one of the show. In the episode "Wicca Envy", it shows Leo using what looks like telekinesis to open and close draws, trunks, etc. while he's looking for the book of shados, unbeknownst to the sisters. However Leo has never displayed this power ever sinse this point [that I remember]. That is why I said it might be a plothole. Does anyone know if he used this afterwords, or how he did it then...?

NJZ

[149]Jun 23, 2008
    Well, I think it is a plothole since Leo displayed a hell of a lot of powers in Season 1 but didn't ever use most of them again.

silverfoxy8472

[150]Jun 23, 2008

ok i have a simple explanation one which i used to explain away the avatars as well in terms of powers and such white lighters in season 1 were pretty undefined even after they were called guardian angels which could have come off as well pretty much anything if you think about the more tradition ways of thinking about such things guardian angels are quite powerful and if put on earth would have any number of powers but in this case they went the exact opposite direction and made them pacifists.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

rewitched

[151]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    Telekinesis429 wrote:

Okay...I have a plothole, but I don't know if this is correct or not, so bare with me. Okay it takes place in Season one of the show. In the episode "Wicca Envy", it shows Leo using what looks like telekinesis to open and close draws, trunks, etc. while he's looking for the book of shados, unbeknownst to the sisters. However Leo has never displayed this power ever sinse this point [that I remember]. That is why I said it might be a plothole. Does anyone know if he used this afterwords, or how he did it then...?

The way I look at that is that it was still very early in the show, and the writers/creators were still laying the foundation of the Charmed universe. It's just like when Prue told Andy that only girls would get powers in her family line in The Truth is Out There And It Hurts (although this one could be how Constance Burge wanted things, and then Brad Kern changed it by making Piper have a boy).

Telekinesis429

[152]Jun 24, 2008

Okay...I see what your saying, but to me that's not really the same thing at all. Prue said that only girls could get powers, but she was obviously prooven wrong. However, that was said by a character, in other words, that's what Prue believed. The case with Leo was that he used telekinesis, the audience saw him use it. I understand what you said about laying the foundation for the show, but nonetheless it is still a plot-hole...I know that might sound confusing, but the reasoning is logical, I don't know if I conveyed it the right way thought...sorry!

tvfan332

[153]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 37
    Telekinesis429 wrote:

Okay...I see what your saying, but to me that's not really the same thing at all. Prue said that only girls could get powers, but she was obviously prooven wrong. However, that was said by a character, in other words, that's what Prue believed. The case with Leo was that he used telekinesis, the audience saw him use it. I understand what you said about laying the foundation for the show, but nonetheless it is still a plot-hole...I know that might sound confusing, but the reasoning is logical, I don't know if I conveyed it the right way thought...sorry!

I always thought the male-witch thing was stated many times on the show. Even Grams said something along the lines of 'Men can't handle it' or something, right?

Telekinesis429

[154]Jun 24, 2008
    Well, then I would call it plot-hole. I do remember them saying that, now that I think about it.

silverfoxy8472

[155]Jun 25, 2008

sorry telekinesis429 it is time for me to disagree here and feverently i will explain why grams said that it is simple she was married 4 times or is it 6 times not sure which it is and none of them worked out patty was married once and it eneded in a divorce because she got together with her whitlighter simply put penny's view is clouded because she never encountered a man who could but lets think about how that truly works out there are many men in our reality the real world who handle magick quite well i am sure haven't met any yet but still to say women only is foolish plus the charmed prophecy can't overcome what was once said by master yoda "future much emotion very difficult to see" that simple wisdom can explain alot when it comes to this show and before we get to phoebe remember her gift is short range future not years into the future.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

Telekinesis429

[156]Jun 26, 2008
    Okay. I have a tiny little questions, it's not really a plot-hole, but more of a goof on the writers part. The episode "Blinded By the Whitelighter" was on the other day, and a question ran threw my mind after I was done watching it. Okay, first to refresh your memory, just in case it's been a while since you've seen it, this was the episode with Leo's friend Natalie, a fellow whitelighter, comes to "visit" and the demon Aames attacks, the whole "Elderly Community" goes into panic, and at the end Natalie dies. In the episode the demon Aames can turn himself into any object, and he turns himself into a darklighter crossbow, after he appears and takes Natalie away, the sister go up to the Elders [on the cloudy area thingy, I don't even know if it has a name] and they shoot Aames claiming that he got the whitelighters powers, so he gets their weakness [darklighter arrows]. My question is: How did the sisters get the darklighter arrow? They didn't have time to hunt down a darklighter, too get his arrow. The other arrow turned out to be Aames, shapeshifted into an arrow. And, I highly doubt that the Elders keep extra poison up there...so how did the Charmed Ones get the arrow!?

silverfoxy8472

[157]Jun 27, 2008

good question telekinesis429 i didn't think of that but i would think since ames was able to operate the crossbow he would be able to activate the other functions which means auto reload but that is just one possible explanation and also i wanted to apologize to everyone having seen the same episode the other day it was ames not prue that had the reflection though as i have said prue's power acted to a certain extent like reflection but that is just me of course in prue's case you minus the cool blue special effect

sincerely,

silverfoxy

silverfoxy8472

[158]Jul 2, 2008

ok i have question possible plot hole or maybe it is just an abondoned idea not sure which it is but hey here i go in exit strategy we were introduced to the concept that cole was not evil by choice but because he was trying to save his father's soul but we never see the whole thing about his father's soul at least not explicitly i don't think ever again and another question if prue was soooo smart why did she think kitchen mitts would block piper's new power just to let you know i just saw exit strategy.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

tvfan332

[159]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 37

silverfoxy8472 wrote:
    another question if prue was soooo smart why did she think kitchen mitts would block piper's new power just to let you know i just saw exit strategy.

Piper's powers are activated through her hands, if shes tied up she can't use them...so why not when she has mittens on? Her hand movement would be restricted, and that would probably affect her powers!

silverfoxy8472

[160]Jul 3, 2008

ok i suppose that answers some of my post's question but back to the hole /possibly abondoned idea of cole/balthazaar's father's soul why introduce it in exit strategy if you don't intend to pursue the idea is this a plot hole or an abondoned idea is my quetion this day.

sincerely,

silverfoxy