Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Biggest Plot-Hole?

silverfoxy8472

[161]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 14

ok is this thing on? *taps the mic* now once more i will ask my second question from one of my previous posts.

why if they were not going to pursue the whole thing about cole's father's soul would they introduce it at all is this a plot hole or an abondoned storyline idea?

sincerely,

silverfoxy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

N1CN4C

[162]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 12

Ok, this thread is really really annoying me, i've read the whole dratted thing.

Someone Define a "plot hole" for me.

the definition i found is:

A plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot

Therefore, the main plot-holes that i can come up with off the top of my head (its 4am here, so only thinking of the huge ones)

Wyatt being so powerful - It was laid down that the main premise of the show was that the three sisters were the most powerful witches in existence. The three charmed ones. That was a prophecy that has been central to the show since day one.

Paige being able to be a 'charmed one' - shes a half sister, not a full sister. So surely the power of three is now the power of Two and a Half.

And yes, before someone decides to shoot my opinion down in a firey thunderball, i know Prue was killed due to the actress leaving, but fortunately i'm only talking about the show and the characters not the actresses. I also don't care if things were done because else the show would end.

tvfan332

[163]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 37

N1CN4C wrote:
    Paige being able to be a 'charmed one' - shes a half sister, not a full sister. So surely the power of three is now the power of Two and a Half.

Yeah, she is a half sister, but on the father's side, since Victor wasn't magical I don't think it is a plot hole at all.

silverfoxy8472

[164]Jul 10, 2008

ok N1CN4C WOAH ok down please i can tell you are annoyed but i will answer your questions or at least respond to the comments first off paige fit in PERFECTLY see what everyone doesn't realize is that victor and patty this pairing is the pairing of a mortal and a witch so none of the charmed ones were true pureblood witches but they did inherit their magick from their mother's side which means paige is actually the better of the breeding lines here she is from a whitelighter(magical) and a witch(magical) which makes her a pureblooded magical even if she was half whitelighter half witch but they make it out like the mother's genes are stronger in this that is the way i see it in this show. as to the plot holes i am not sure if we have hashed them all out maybe we have especially since i came into this thread wow not to be egotistical but i think there was a big surge in activitiy after i joined i could be wrong if i am i will apologize ok? but the most recent one which i have asked is it a plot hole or an abondoned plot idea was cole's father so i am sorry that you are annoyed with this thread but i find it a very interesting thread. I do wish to point out one thing N1CN4C if this thread annoys you then not to be mean but just don't post here.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

ps i would like to welcome you to the thread ok?

hcm55

[165]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 4

The biggest plot hole wear were the cleaners during Morality Bites when Phoebe killed Cal Green.Another plot hole in Look who Barking Cole has his blood transumted to make himself immune to the potion.When Piper throw the potion nothing happens

Leo: Throw the potion.

Piper: You're right, Cole, it is over.

(Piper throws the potion and nothing happens.)

Cole: Surprise! (He laughs.)

Piper: But...

Cole: Did you really think that I would come here without magical protection? Question is, do you have any protection for yourself?

Leo: Don't threaten her.

Cole: I suggest you orb her out of here, Whitelighter, before there's nothing left to orb.

(Prue runs in and barks.)

But in Black as Cole Cole tell Phoebe to get Bellazur potion just in case he can't turn back

Cole: Sikes has done a good job of emulating me, emulating Belthazor, which means if the potion doesn't work. the only way to destroy him is for me to turn into Belthazor.

Phoebe: Yeah, but afterwards you'll turn back into Cole.

Cole: I may not be able to. To stop him I'll have to embrace my demonic self completely. There may be no coming back from that.

Phoebe: Well, then we'll just have to make sure that potion works very well. Won't we? I'll be back.

(She grabs her purse.)

Cole: Where are you going?

Phoebe: To find Emma. Try to explain.

Cole: It won't make any difference.

Phoebe: Well, it will if I can keep her out of the craziness, keep her from getting hurt.

Cole: I'm more concerned of keeping you out of the craziness, keep you from getting hurt. You still have some of that Belthazor vanquishing potion left, don't you?

Phoebe: Yes, but...

Cole: Get it, just in case. It might be the only way to stop me.Why doesn't Cole remember he is immune to the potion.

HarmlessAngel

[166]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    electricpeppers wrote:
    th77 wrote:
    They were bad, they were bad, they were good, wait now bad and then the whole ending was......... I'm not saying that it was completely unresolved but moreso than most stories.. Except of course why every one except Prue got to visit from the afterlife..

When were they ever bad? They were always powerful, but never bad from what I recall. The Avatar dude warned Cole about changing reality, he never advocated it. Dawson's Creek guy was crazier than the Avatars were.

well i do think they were bad in a way, i mean they confused leo and all that...like they really did put him into more of a state of paranoia when he was already reeling from the whole gideon situation and they helped barbas!
    i dont think they were a complete plot hole...but the *beyond good and evil* thing jus wasnt thought out properly

HarmlessAngel

[167]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 10

hcm55 wrote:
    Why doesn't Cole remember he is immune to the potion.

hmmm yeah i see what you are saying..but i think it may be because he did the whole ritual as a way to get away from phoebe who he was hurt by, and then after when they were together, the ritual was overcome by the love between phoebe and cole? just a theory!

silverfoxy8472

[168]Jul 23, 2008

Ok HarmlessAngel once more back onto the avatar train wow they are popular here they are the representation of pure power neither truly good nor truly evil besides the "good" guys in a later season wiped leo's mind and tried to manupliate him into being an elder permanently (john de Lanice playing the manupliative elder of course) this doesn't seem very good to me. On the other hand ugh once more you have cole the demon with a soul even though he went nuts after becoming immortal he did good so evil isn't pure evil either and the avatars stand between the two extremes they represent security peace of mind in their world in exchange for free will but that is a price for security look at the usa right now.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

TeemerDJ

[169]Jul 24, 2008
    tvfan332 wrote:

N1CN4C wrote:

Yeah, she is a half sister, but on the father's side, since Victor wasn't magical I don't think it is a plot hole at all.

That is true. Paige and Piper, Prue, & Phoebe are in the same boat.

Prue, Piper and Phoebe's mother is magical but their father is mortal

Paige's mom is magical, but her father is a whitelighter.

What's the diff?

And unlike other witch shows like maybe "Sabrina the teenage witch" I don't think full magical blood has any kind of importance in Charmed. You're either a witch or your not.

silverfoxy8472

[170]Jul 25, 2008

not really sure what difference it makes other than i think a witch/whitelighter is more powerful not less powerful than a full witch.

hmm about cole being immune to the potion wow not sure what to say other than i don't care julian just came back sooo many times he annoyed me and he ruined doctor doom and never plays anything outside of a sleazy then fill in the blank.

sincerely,

silverfoxy

Stofferoen

[171]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 3

well not to be mean or anny ting but the Biggest Plot-Hole is

BILLIE

tv_lover066

[172]Aug 4, 2008
    THE CLEANERS!!!!!!!!

cuddles31

[173]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    I think the biggest plot hole was Piper & Leo, I mean come on they were together and then they were forbidden and then they were together just to have problems and seperate and then magically conceive Chris and then to have Leo be an avatar and then to have him mortal. Also the Chris story line of season 6 was just wierd, I mean he was there to save Wyatt, but then it was about saving himself.

TeemerDJ

[174]Aug 6, 2008
    cuddles31 wrote:
    I think the biggest plot hole was Piper & Leo, I mean come on they were together and then they were forbidden and then they were together just to have problems and seperate and then magically conceive Chris and then to have Leo be an avatar and then to have him mortal. Also the Chris story line of season 6 was just wierd, I mean he was there to save Wyatt, but then it was about saving himself.

Because if he was never born, he would've never gone into the past to save Wyatt in the first place. Then Wyatt would turn evil...get it?

And all married couples have problems, Season 5 Piper and Leo had issues that they were working out with therapy (Oh My Goddess) and "the tools" as Darryl and Sheila put them. But then, Leo saved the world and was in the heavens for a long period of time and became an Elder. I admit Leo was a bit selfish to choose being an Elder to staying with his wife and son, that in real life, I don't think I would ever be able to forgive. Then he became crazed with stopping Barbas and protecting his children, then he became an avatar to make the world a better place for the children...then he became an elder again...then he fell from grace...for the cildren (get the picture?) But, in Season Eight before he had to be frozen, Leo and Piper were happy. And they are in the future too.

Stofferoen

[175]Aug 6, 2008
    well Leo and Piper was not Plot-hole. Hello it made there relationship complete. and if they just got together and were happy all the time it would't be realistic. Every relationship has there up's and down's. Piper and Leo thing was to show that love conqueror all.

with out the Piper and Leo thing, Charmed would not have all those Great Story line's.

silverfoxy8472

[176]Aug 8, 2008

hmmm much to think about this day but nice to see posts again i was worried for a while this topic had run its course.

lets see where to begin

1) oh yes Billie well they had used up the rank and file demons of course and the triad is the only ones other than cole ugh who truly gave them trouble and the triad even failed when they had their first confrontation with the charmed ones so twisting the reality of two witch sisters was the best way for them to work especially since it was said in show that the triad mayhave foreen that no demon would be able to vanquish the charmed ones.

2) ok Tv_lover066 can you specify about what about the cleaners you think is a plot hole?

3) as for the piper and leo issue all their problems were to add DRAAAMA to the show and it did very well i must say and gave the elders a reason to not do the same with phoebe later a way of the elders admitting they were wrong to do what they did without saying it no one likes to say i was wrong i am sorry. (not that it would have done any good with piper anyway)

4) the chrisplot line ok yes i understand everything about it and the logic behind it but i hate time travel even through magic so that ends my response to that.

sinerely,

silverfoxy

tv_lover066

[177]Aug 8, 2008

Well, the cleaners were all too keen to fix the charmed ones mistakes, even resorting to remove wyatt from existence but where were they when magic was exposed in S3?

Stofferoen

[178]Aug 9, 2008
    well the cleaners were made later in the story. they said that they were made by god and evil beacuse they was going to clean every magic exposed. its surely because of what happen to Prue.

silverfoxy8472

[179]Aug 13, 2008

ok two things this day at the top of the list

1) thank you Stoffereon for the back up

2) *sighs* ok tv_lover066 once more unto the breach with this though i got the impression the cleaners were ancient as i have said before the situation with prue was resovled between the forces of good and evil on a more mortal level (translated demons that have been around for centuries or millenium but can still be killed with the except of cole of course) with tempus turning back time for them to replay the day over and correct things which destroyed tempus in the end. Another point about season 3 and how it turned out is Shannen Doherty wanted to LEAVE the show thank you very much now this subject stick a fork in it i consider it done

sincerely,

silverfoxy

TriquetraP3

[180]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    The whole "Once In A Blue Moon" episode! The Charmed Ones turning into those feral beasts made NO sense! It was never explained properly and was a stupid idea. Combined with crappy visual effects and crappy Phoebe/Leslie drama made it one of the worst episode ever!