Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Charmed inconsistencies

Tactical_Cube

[1]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    Have you ever noticed something that wasn't right acording to earlier episodes or just totally different.

I have 1 to start with cous I can't remember the other :S

In the third episode in which Viktor comes back into their lives a demon grabs the Book of Shadows but in later seasons demons can't even grab the book.
    And as far is I know it is never explained.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tv_lover

[2]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    well u coud say they got stronger or somethin'

Tactical_Cube

[3]Jan 14, 2006
    yeah I was thinking about something like that, but that's another thing I find stange about Charmed now I think of it.

I don't know how it is now but in the beginning of the series they always said that their power is in the book and that without the book they're powerless. But then why did they still have their powers when Zankou took the book. And why does Leo say a book of shadows is something every witch has to make. Cause when their powers ly in the book where ly Billies powers?

And just now I remembered the other thing I wanted to write earlier.

In the beginning of the series they always said 'Good witches don't freeze.'
    But Billie certainly freezes when she is ill.
    (and here again you could say it is because Piper got more powerfull, but then it would mean that she could freeze her own sisters to.)

shah147

[4]Jan 14, 2006
    u lot are soooooo wrong billie got frozen because she wasnt a witch wen she piper froze her she was a beast and the book of shadows greww stronger along with the sisters so wen the sisters powers developed so did the books.

Tactical_Cube

[5]Jan 14, 2006
    okay the book explenation I can live with

But when you get infected by a virus you're still a human
    so why wouldn't Billie be a good witch anymore? She was back to her normal self when Piper froze her.

DrewFuller4Ever

[6]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 29
    She was infected with a virus or demon blood so she had demon in her allowing Piper to freeze

Also the book explanation is correct because when the sisters are weakened so is the book and we saw what happened when Zankou weakened them the book was weakened also

TC_88

[7]Jan 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    When i read your post i thought you were gonna say how can a shapeshifter vanquishing spell vanquish their father. Or why dont they always wear the "protection" ring...everytime.

Give them a break, Brad admitted himself at the beginning that they werent even sure what they were doing. There were so many things that make you go what?!, her powers dont work like that. But then again, thats 'cause i started with S5. Anyway if u notice, like other post before this, have proved that there is always some kindda logical or let me say technical excuse for what ever goof they goof. (lack of a better term)

Tactical_Cube

[8]Jan 14, 2006
    You musn't mistake me for wanting to discretid the show, I like Charmed espicially now when Buffy and Angel are of the air, I thought it would be fun to talk about this thins, just as mistakes or other things. (Im a little drunk so dont mind me making mistakes im keeping them little.)

Edward_Nigma

[9]Jan 15, 2006
    • level: 54
    Tactical_Cube wrote:
    You musn't mistake me for wanting to discretid the show, I like Charmed espicially now when Buffy and Angel are of the air, I thought it would be fun to talk about this thins, just as mistakes or other things. (Im a little drunk so dont mind me making mistakes im keeping them little.)

LOL. I've noticed a lot of inconsistancies lately. It's annoying to me. But it didn't seem to me like you were dissing the show, just pointing something out. I guess it's good that you aren't bothered by these inconsistancies...but for me it's upsetting. When a fan who just watches the show can notice an inconsitancy, then you'd think that someone who writes and produces the show would be able to remember past events and avoid inconsistancies (or maybe one of the actors could point it out, [or they could call Constance M. Burge!],etc.) better than a fan would be able to.

Tactical_Cube

[10]Jan 15, 2006
    I agree with you that the writers shouldn't make such mistakes, but when you go and think alot about them it starts to bother you and I don't want that.

Here's 2 other ones

At the end of something wicka this way goes they've lost their powers but in 8.01 they have them all back.

And of course I can't think of the other one again! well let you know when I know it again

shadowspy24

[11]Jan 15, 2006
    Tactical_Cube wrote:
    I agree with you that the writers shouldn't make such mistakes, but when you go and think alot about them it starts to bother you and I don't want that.

Here's 2 other ones

At the end of something wicka this way goes they've lost their powers but in 8.01 they have them all back.

And of course I can't think of the other one again! well let you know when I know it again

They didn't lose their powers. They even used a spell look like other people. There were however a few inonsistencies with chris. When he first arrived and saved Paige he said she was supposed to die if he didn't save her, then in a later episode in season 6 he tells her that in the future he goes to her for money.

Another inconsistency is the rule that if there are 2 people in the same timeline they both can't have powers usually the one that was here first has the powers yet when Wyatt comes fromt the future in season 7 he has powers.

Tactical_Cube

[12]Jan 15, 2006
    I think the writers have to buy a better memory.

This isn't really an inconsistancy but I was just wondering.

In season 3 when Prue got astral projection they thought it was one of her powers but since something wicka this way goes we know that everyone can do it if they take the time to learn. But if it wasn't one of Prue's powers what other power would she have

TC_88

[13]Jan 15, 2006
    Tactical_Cube wrote:
    I think the writers have to buy a better memory.

This isn't really an inconsistancy but I was just wondering.

In season 3 when Prue got astral projection they thought it was one of her powers but since something wicka this way goes we know that everyone can do it if they take the time to learn. But if it wasn't one of Prue's powers what other power would she have

I didnt think you was discrediting the show. I personally love it when they make mistakes and then i try to find some kindda excuse for the mistake. Its so much fun.

About the powers they lost, i think that the power stripping potion strips only the active power of the witch. Thats why they were still able to cast spells. But immediately they vanquished Zankou the powers were returned.

I dont know the answer to the question above.

TC_88

[14]Jan 15, 2006
    About Chris, he was just a mistake. And no that is not a typo.

First of all Chris was supposed to be the big bad of S6 but plot lines changed along the way. I blame Piper's boo. (although at times i cant)

If you remember he also said his name was Perry not Halliwell. He also said, the titan took over the world, incontrary to evil Wyatt.

So to justify his character, even though i dont like the dude, all the things he said in those two episodes were lies. He was just trying to have some kindda justification to send Leo away and he becomes the girls lighter.
    shadowspy24 wrote:
    Tactical_Cube wrote:

Here's 2 other ones

They didn't lose their powers. They even used a spell look like other people. There were however a few inonsistencies with chris. When he first arrived and saved Paige he said she was supposed to die if he didn't save her, then in a later episode in season 6 he tells her that in the future he goes to her for money.

Another inconsistency is the rule that if there are 2 people in the same timeline they both can't have powers usually the one that was here first has the powers yet when Wyatt comes fromt the future in season 7 he has powers.
    A big inconsistence.

Technical excuse would be he's Wyatt! Since he's all powerful he might be able to have his powers. And if memory serves, we didnt see little Wyatt use his powers when the big one was around. So the rule that only one set can have power in one time line still stands but ofcourse I stand to be corrected.

So its possible Big Wyatt kindda intercepted, (cant think of a better word...)he intercepts the magic from the little one. Or maybe it was the wording of the spell.

But damn that was some kindda kick ass power. Live my family alone. Reminds me of Grams saying, Warlocks be gone. Love that woman.

The_Unknown2

[15]Jan 15, 2006
    • level: 51
    There have also been inconsistencies with Glamouring. First it was only Paige who could do it, and it had a morphing effect. Now all the sisters can suddenly do it, and it has that stupid sparkle effect now.

TC_88

[16]Jan 15, 2006
    The_Unknown2 wrote:
    There have also been inconsistencies with Glamouring. First it was only Paige who could do it, and it had a morphing effect. Now all the sisters can suddenly do it, and it has that stupid sparkle effect now.
    its a use of a silent spell, like the times when they close their eyes and summon a demon or horseman.

But the most viable excuse for this, would be the wording of the spell that they used initially. it could be something like this

at the click of my fingers
    let no look i have in mind be hindered.

I know i should work on my rhymes. But in my defense i'm not a witch.

the words would go something like that so it they click their fingers they change or word it so the face changes with intentions not actions.

The_Unknown2

[17]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 51
    TC_88 wrote:
    The_Unknown2 wrote:
    its a use of a silent spell, like the times when they close their eyes and summon a demon or horseman.

But the most viable excuse for this, would be the wording of the spell that they used initially. it could be something like this

at the click of my fingers
    let no look i have in mind be hindered.

I know i should work on my rhymes. But in my defense i'm not a witch.

the words would go something like that so it they click their fingers they change or word it so the face changes with intentions not actions.

True, but there's no point in Paige doing that, seeing as she already could with her Whitelighter powers.

JaR2283

[18]Jan 16, 2006
    The inconsistances on Charmed are one of the main things that really get up my nose about the show, as much as I enjoy nearly every episode is dampened by something stupid the writers throw in.
    It is like they write an episode then completely forget anything they have put in it when they come to write the next one.
    Sorry for the moan everyone but it real bugs me.

JaR2283

[19]Jan 16, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

mandymack

[20]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    Okay..no one has been here for a little while. But I have a question/inconsistency.
    The "Charmed Ones" are supposed to come from this long line of good magic and powerful good witches developing powers. Yet in the second season Phoebe discovers she was evil in her past life and her "cousins" had to kill her. And later Paige learns she was an evil sorceress in her past life. How does that work?