Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Chris vs Wyatt

Who should have been more powerful?

randan02

[1]Jan 1, 2007
    • level: 10
    Elders are more powerful than whitelighters. Leo was a whitelighter when Wyatt was conceived. So Wyatt is the product of a Charmed One and a whitelighter. Leo was an Elder when Chris was conceived. So Chris is the product of a Charmed One and an elder. Age isn't a factor of power because Piper had more power than Prue when she was alive; power to freeze and blow stuff up versus astral projection and moving things. Piper was clearly more powerful. Wyatt should be less powerful than Chris because of Leo's respective powers when each child was conceived.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SMGslayer97

[2]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 34
    randan02 wrote:
    Elders are more powerful than whitelighters. Leo was a whitelighter when Wyatt was conceived. So Wyatt is the product of a Charmed One and a whitelighter. Leo was an Elder when Chris was conceived. So Chris is the product of a Charmed One and an elder. Age isn't a factor of power because Piper had more power than Prue when she was alive; power to freeze and blow stuff up versus astral projection and moving things. Piper was clearly more powerful. Wyatt should be less powerful than Chris because of Leo's respective powers when each child was conceived.

Well, there's always the concept of "the first batch being the best" but that's not concrete in any way.

But there's something that I think most people miss, that little piece of candy that Piper ate (from the candy Cole had made for Phoebe). It's unclear if that had anything to do with her pregnancy but....I dunno know, it's possible.

There is also the fact that Wyatt was written into the show as full blown story line. Chris was brought in, unclear who he was or anything, and then Holly's pregnancy was written in. It was always sorta unclear if Chris's character would have been the same had Holly not been pregnate.

NJZ

[3]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 29
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    But there's something that I think most people miss, that little piece of candy that Piper ate (from the candy Cole had made for Phoebe). It's unclear if that had anything to do with her pregnancy but....I dunno know, it's possible.

That's true, Wyatt is part of a prophecy, he is "twice-blessed" by good(Piper and Leo) and evil(the candy Piper ate) which therefore makes him very powerful. There was a whole thing about it in 'The Day The Magic Died', I think. To add to that, he is the son of a Charmed One which makes him pretty powerful anyway, and his whitelighter genes enhance that by giving him more powers.

With Chris, he is the son of a Charmed One and an Elder. That means that his Charmed genes, so to speak, would be enhanced by the Elder in him. The Chris from the alternate reality (from 'Oh My Goddess') would not possess these powers because Leo would've been a Whitelighter when he was conceived. However, my guess is that in the changed reality, he'd be more powerful than say Paige's children but not more powerful than Wyatt. Hence Wyatt correcting Chris in 'Forever Charmed', saying that it was he who was "kicking demon ass," not Chris. I assume even the Chris from the changed reality still has an inferiority complex with Wyatt.

andrada_charmed

[4]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 13
    let's say that somehow i get that chris isn't as powerfull as wyatt but hey it's obvious that he's the best of the two: he came back to save the charmed ones, his family, the world and his a$$ too... so who's the best? who's the best?!yummy CHRIS is

KrisJess1629

[5]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    If you follow the Halliwell tradition, the eldest seems to be the most powerful.  When Prue was alive, she was the strongest.  When Prue died Piper became the strongest.  If you follow that theory then Wyatt would be the strongest out of the two of them with their powers.

SMGslayer97

[6]Jan 4, 2007
    Plus, there is the simple truth that we don't know how much more powerful Chris will become. The more years and experience you have under your belt really does add to your already natural powers. Chris is the younger brother and was a late bloomer with his powers so ya never know.

benjym

[7]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    What i thought was badly done was that not only has wyatt got ALL of these powers, he is King Arthur - see Sword and The City - !!! They should have left it for a series or two and had chris being it. Wyatt has too many powers and things - yes he has a prophecy about him but Chris should have something cool too!

NJZ

[8]Jan 5, 2007
    benjym wrote:
    What i thought was badly done was that not only has wyatt got ALL of these powers, he is King Arthur - see Sword and The City - !!! They should have left it for a series or two and had chris being it. Wyatt has too many powers and things - yes he has a prophecy about him but Chris should have something cool too!

I agree. They even made him to be more powerful alone than the sisters which sorta bugged me.

randan02

[9]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    With the fact that witches become more powerful with time, an argument could be made that because Piper was a year more experienced after Wyatt's birth, her growing powers could only be in Chris' favor as far as his power's potential. For exampleiper at age 29 would be more powerful than Piper at age 28; not to mention Wyatt's father was a whitlighter and Chris' was an elder. The edge has to go to Chris.

CharmedGirl14

[10]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 5

Wyatt was prophesied to come. Chris just happened when Leo and Piper are in the ghostly plane. Prue had two active powers as did Piper with freezing time and blowing things up. They both had the same amount of power. Wyatt being destined to come, had all of these powers I think because he would be able to handle them better than Chris. Leo being a whitelighter with Wyatt and an elder with Chris made no big difference. I think it mostly had to do with who the Powers That Be thought could handle them better. Besides they probably couldn't look in the far future and be like, "Oh, look here's another son. Let's give him less power than his sibling." In my opinion in who should be more powerful is neither. It doesn't matter how much power you have, it's how you use it that counts. The Powers That Be might have thought that one could handle it better than the other so they allowed for him to be born first.That is all I have to say.

ejwlover

[11]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 21
    Wyatt would win!

andrada_charmed

[12]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    well wyatt had more powers but he could be turned easily evil but chris had: powers, brain, courage and looks

NJZ

[13]Jan 14, 2007
    andrada_charmed wrote:
    well wyatt had more powers but he could be turned easily evil but chris had: powers, brain, courage and looks

Wyatt had powers and looks too

tvfan332

[14]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 37

SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Chris is the younger brother and was a late bloomer with his powers so ya never know.

That's exactly how you know he's weaker, Wyatt had powers in the womb, so did Phoebe (That '70s episode, which means her sisters had powers in the womb too).

And whoever said Chris came back to save in the world was correct but he didn't save it, the charmed ones did.

NJZ

[15]Jan 14, 2007
    tvfan332 wrote:
    And whoever said Chris came back to save in the world was correct but he didn't save it, the charmed ones did.

True, but he came back to help them save it because he couldn't do it alone.

SMGslayer97

[16]Jan 25, 2007
    I like to think that they are tied in various ways. Wyatt kind of has that intense power that can border on frightening. Chris has more of the whitelighter thing happening. In a way Wyatt inherited Piper's magic and Chris got Leo's in a sense. That's always how I've seen it.

white_rabbit112

[17]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 22

As someone already said Wyatt was destined to be the most powerful magical being, while Chris was just merely conceived.

Also Wyatt was always been more powerful then Chris. Even in the womb Wyatt had powers and could even manipulate Piper's, while Chris never did.

Wyatt is more powerful plain and simple, even Chris has admitted it.

ACharmedJedi

[18]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 32
    Wyatt is more powerful because he's the eldest, which seems to be a Halliwell tradition, he was prophesised, he was born in the manor so he's linked to the nexus and he was born on that special day with the wiccan sabbath and the planet alignment and the star thing. Oh and is the heir to Excaliber. Chris really does have reason for that inferiority complex.

kk11819

[19]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    white_rabbit112 wrote:

Also Wyatt was always been more powerful then Chris. Even in the womb Wyatt had powers and could even manipulate Piper's, while Chris never did.

But what if baby Chris didnt have powers in the womb because big Chris was using them, then he just took a while to ajust to them?

SMGslayer97

[20]Jan 28, 2007
    kk11819 wrote:
    white_rabbit112 wrote:

But what if baby Chris didnt have powers in the womb because big Chris was using them, then he just took a while to ajust to them?

I don't think Chris being there where have affected his unborn self in that way, I mean they would have mentioned it. Besides they make it quite clear that Chris doesn't even come into his powers until season 8 at the end.