Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

H o m o s e x u a l i t y In the Charmed Universe

Nacha255

[61]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 12
    buffyjl wrote:

Nacha255 wrote:
    I can't really see any of the Charmed Ones as being homosexual for life. I can picture that Paige might have been at some point during her rebellious teenage years, though. An interesting plot would have been to have an ex-lover of Paige's come back and be angry at her for leaving her and stopping being homosexual, and start stalking her or something. But I don't know...I still stand by what I said. It just wouldn't seem very Charmed-ish.

I gatta say that would be a very entertaining episode! It sounds hilarious!!!
    I can just imagine the following dialogue,

Paige: Quit stalking me you crazy freak! It's over between us and I'm changed! Can't you get the hint?!!
    Phoebe: Actually, didn't you not get the hint when you stalked Glen to his wedding and impersonated his fiance?
    Paige: Um ...oops!
    Ex-GF: So Who's the crazy freak now...?

Hahaha...this shouldn't be funny...but it is...in fact, it's hilarious...okay, now I'm actually tempted to write the episode!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TC_88

[62]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    A quote from a French bimbo in The Shrink is back. (i dunno it has Courtney and her husband in it): "it is part of the human nature to be dissatisfied...with everything!"

I dont really get it. We have numerous shows on today where everyone is gay And for the sake of crying out loud, there has been 3 intances where there has been gay ppl. Why cant u be contented with that. I'm not attacking anyone because their pheromone or pituituary gland whatever is not functioning like mine but why must everything be gay In the instances where gay ppl have been shown (although i cant remember the Brenda and somebody) it is because it would have helped the story plot. So u dont want the main characters to be gay but you still want a gay person. Ordinarily Billie being Rose's charge and being the big bad of the season, ppl thought she was pointless. So i can imagine them bring in gay characters just because SF is the gay capital of the world...pleease! U get ppl coming her now and then saying Charmed copied from Buffy blah blah. And now u want gay characters.

Nevertheless, homo may have been the way to go for Phoebe when she spent all her life looking for the perfect man and she cldnt...so...

Still feel this is a waste of space!

Nacha255

[63]Sep 5, 2006
    TC_88 wrote:
    A quote from a French bimbo in The Shrink is back. (i dunno it has Courtney and her husband in it): "it is part of the human nature to be dissatisfied...with everything!" I dont really get it. We have numerous shows on today where everyone is gay And for the sake of crying out loud, there has been 3 intances where there has been gay ppl. Why cant u be contented with that. I'm not attacking anyone because their pheromone or pituituary gland whatever is not functioning like mine but why must everything be gay In the instances where gay ppl have been shown (although i cant remember the Brenda and somebody) it is because it would have helped the story plot. So u dont want the main characters to be gay but you still want a gay person. Ordinarily Billie being Rose's charge and being the big bad of the season, ppl thought she was pointless. So i can imagine them bring in gay characters just because SF is the gay capital of the world...pleease! U get ppl coming her now and then saying Charmed copied from Buffy blah blah. And now u want gay characters. Nevertheless, homo may have been the way to go for Phoebe when she spent all her life looking for the perfect man and she cldnt...so... Still feel this is a waste of space!
    I never thought this would happen, but I agree with TC_88. Completely. I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD. And when the chauvinist and the feminist agree on something, it's probably right.

maxpower03

[64]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 42

TC_88 wrote:
    A quote from a French bimbo in The Shrink is back. (i dunno it has Courtney and her husband in it): "it is part of the human nature to be dissatisfied...with everything!" I dont really get it.

We're not dissatisfied with everything. As you obviously didn't notice, this a thread dedicated to one subject, not one to criticize everything that Charmed has ever done.

TC_88 wrote:
    We have numerous shows on today where everyone is gay

Actually, GLAAD recently released an article saying how network TV has the lowest number of gay characters in years, since Will & Grace, Crumbs and Out of Practice (to name just a couple) have gone off the air. Also, I wasn't even mentioning other shows, just Charmed.

TC_88 wrote:
    And for the sake of crying out loud, there has been 3 intances where there has been gay ppl. Why cant u be contented with that.

Yes, characters who barely got any lines. Score!

TC_88 wrote:
    I'm not attacking anyone because their pheromone or pituituary gland whatever is not functioning like mine but why must everything be gay

This has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing.

TC_88 wrote:
    In the instances where gay ppl have been shown (although i cant remember the Brenda and somebody) it is because it would have helped the story plot.

Having Brenda and Carly as lesbians was an off-hand comment and had nothing to do with the actual storyline, whilst there have been no gay-centric storylines on the show.

TC_88 wrote:
    So u dont want the main characters to be gay but you still want a gay person.

People have been saying that being gay wouldn't be realistic if it were Piper, Phoebe or Prue. Again, I think you misunderstood what they were saying. Nobody said that they don't want a main character to be gay they said some of the main characters wouldn't pull off being gay for various reasons.

TC_88 wrote:
    Ordinarily Billie being Rose's charge and being the big bad of the season, ppl thought she was pointless. So i can imagine them bring in gay characters just because SF is the gay capital of the world...pleease! U get ppl coming her now and then saying Charmed copied from Buffy blah blah. And now u want gay characters.

Willow being gay on Buffy was a story development. Just because another fantasy show had a character come out wouldn't make it a knock-off and anybody that would have complained about it would be just seen as pathetic morons who attack anything about the show.

TC_88 wrote:

Even if you don't agree with what I originally said, this thread (in my opinion) has been interesting since it revealed user's religious beliefs and their opinions on controversial subjects, something I personally think could only be good for this forum community, since we've all got to know each other a little more. Plus, it's not another one of those "Best Episode" or "Best Character" threads, being one that people are actually having a conversation in.

buffyjl

[65]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 20
    maxpower03 wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:

Even if you don't agree with what I originally said, this thread (in my opinion) has been interesting since it revealed user's religious beliefs and their opinions on controversial subjects, something I personally think could only be good for this forum community, since we've all got to know each other a little more. Plus, it's not another one of those "Best Episode" or "Best Character" threads, being one that people are actually having a conversation in.

Very agree, this thread has gotten a genuine discussion that was lacking otherwise. We've had alot of personal insight and beliefs, and enough of us have done so in a respectful and courteous way.

...and we tied it into Charmed occasionally to keep things on-topic!

NJZ

[66]Sep 6, 2006
    • level: 29
    TC_88 wrote:
    A quote from a French bimbo in The Shrink is back. (i dunno it has Courtney and her husband in it): "it is part of the human nature to be dissatisfied...with everything!"

Just thought you should know: the quote was from an actress called Kimberley Davies(who is actually Australian in real life, and starred in Aussie soap 'Neighbours') and the film was called 'The Shrink Is In' and starred Courtney Cox(Arquette) and David Arquette.

Nacha255

[67]Sep 6, 2006
    I just realized how immature it was for me to be posting how I don't like this thread. It's true that I don't like it, but I shouldn't have been taking up space to write something that no one cares about and has nothing to do with the topic. I won't post in this thread any more. Sorry, guys!

NJZ

[68]Sep 6, 2006
    Nacha255 wrote:
    I just realized how immature it was for me to be posting how I don't like this thread. It's true that I don't like it, but I shouldn't have been taking up space to write something that no one cares about and has nothing to do with the topic. I won't post in this thread any more. Sorry, guys!

Thats cool with me; everyone's allowed to be immature occasionally(but not too often).

TC_88

[69]Sep 9, 2006
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:

Just thought you should know: the quote was from an actress called Kimberley Davies(who is actually Australian in real life, and starred in Aussie soap 'Neighbours') and the film was called 'The Shrink Is In' and starred Courtney Cox(Arquette) and David Arquette.
    Bite me

I cld swear she was speaking in a French accent. I think even in the movie, it was mentioned that she was French.

And by the way, the film was unrealistic and ...and ...and i'm lost for words. Well then again what chick flick isnt?! but Courtney was so funny by the way.

Charmedfran

[70]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 09/09/2006 10:49am
    Edited 2 total times.

zackgreen08

[71]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 26
    thats totally stpid, it didnt need gay chacters, it was fine by itself.

Charmedfran

[72]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    zackgreen08 wrote:
    thats totally stpid, it didnt need gay chacters, it was fine by itself.
      To be honest I agree with you, the show didn't need gay characters because the show was mainly about witches fighting evil, it would have been quite pointless.

NJZ

[73]Sep 10, 2006
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:

Bite me

I cld swear she was speaking in a French accent. I think even in the movie, it was mentioned that she was French.

And by the way, the film was unrealistic and ...and ...and i'm lost for words. Well then again what chick flick isnt?! but Courtney was so funny by the way.

Yeah, it was stated that she was French in the film. Hence her French accent. I agree, it was unrealistic but Courtney was great.

zhangliao1

[74]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    jemaa09 wrote:
    I agree max, I think that this is a good topic, but I have to say that although I am not a hoomophobe I am agaisnt, just because it goes against God and all, but as for this forum, I think the writers probably did not incorporate it that much because it's a really controversial topic, but I think they should have done it, just because it's San Fransisco, like the gay capitol of America, right?

lets not make this a religious discussion

someone always plays their stalemate card

because i normally start questioning why a benevolent being who created all would not accept some people because of something they cant do anything about

but anyway

problem is if they add homo's to charmed then soon enough we will have where are the asians where are the native americans where are the well so on

not every show can have every type of person

NJZ

[75]Sep 21, 2006
    zhangliao1 wrote:
    problem is if they add homo's to charmed then soon enough we will have where are the asians where are the native americans where are the well so on

I agree, people should just deal with it.

TC_88

[76]Sep 22, 2006
    NJZ wrote:
    zhangliao1 wrote:

I agree, people should just deal with it.
    AMEN!

Besides i think in the area of sex the writers were always scared. i think someone came on here once and complain about the fact that the girls always sound like prudes because anytime someone talks about sex the other quickly shuts the other down (instances, malice in wonderland, repo manor etc). so if they're that squimish about normal sex, they definately wldnt wanna explore the gays

maxpower03

[77]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 42

TC_88 wrote:
    AMEN! Besides i think in the area of sex the writers were always scared. i think someone came on here once and complain about the fact that the girls always sound like prudes because anytime someone talks about sex the other quickly shuts the other down (instances, malice in wonderland, repo manor etc). so if they're that squimish about normal sex, they definately wldnt wanna explore the gays

Scared of sex? I'm looking for a "huh?"...

There have been references to orgasms, oral sex, penis size, difficulty to climax and a ton more. There have been people having sex on desks and various other sexual stuff that was by far the most obvious and explicit that I've seen on the WB network.

Edited on 09/22/2006 9:39am

NJZ

[78]Sep 22, 2006

I think Max is right; Charmed never hid the notions of sexuality. Especially when it came to Phoebe.

Once a conversation between her and her sisters went something like this:

(At the breakfast table in the kitchen)

Piper: Eggs?

Phoebe: I've got the eggs, its just the sperm that I need

Paige: Eww

scared? no way

tvfan332

[79]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 37
    I don't think they were afriad to talk about sex, I mean Phoebe would have sex with anything that walks.

buffyjl

[80]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 20
    Yah, Charmed had no inhibitions when it came to sex. I mean, without it, Phoebe would be down to 3 scenes a show and only 4 speaking lines. That includes a "Yup!"