Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

News & Media Thread (interviews, websites, etc)

robinepowell

[101]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 63

Looks like the theme song is changed for Region one as well:

:
    We've added a news item for "Charmed" to the site. Here it is:

Theme Song Changed for Region 1 - 12:43 PM 8/23/2007 Fans waiting for the Region 1 set will be upset to hear the theme song has been changed for the 8th season set. Check the site for more information. www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7922

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Charmed" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com

Edited on 08/23/2007 2:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

buffyjl

[102]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 20

So what should be the new song? How bout the Cranberries' controversial "Just My Imagination", complete with the off-paced wild cheer from the crowd?

But seriously, that's lousy not having the Charmed song! So what should it be? It would be appropriate if it's a band who performed on the show. Did any band perform at P3 in S8?

urion_nix

[103]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 14
    buffyjl wrote:

So what should be the new song? How bout the Cranberries' controversial "Just My Imagination", complete with the off-paced wild cheer from the crowd?

But seriously, that's lousy not having the Charmed song! So what should it be? It would be appropriate if it's a band who performed on the show. Did any band perform at P3 in S8?

I heard the new version on youtube and it´s not that bad, but i like the old one more. Maybe it´s because i´ve been hearing the same song for 8 years and i got used to it.

robinepowell

[104]Aug 24, 2007
    urion_nix wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

I heard the new version on youtube and it´s not that bad, but i like the old one more. Maybe it´s because i´ve been hearing the same song for 8 years and i got used to it.

Yeah I hear it too and I agree with you 100%. The question is why did the theme song get changed now? I mean if the song had to be changed it would have been done for Season one DVDs, like a lot of other shows.

tvfan332

[105]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 37
    robinepowell wrote:
    urion_nix wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

Yeah I hear it too and I agree with you 100%. The question is why did the theme song get changed now? I mean if the song had to be changed it would have been done for Season one DVDs, like a lot of other shows.

I think it's something to do with the rights of the song running out, so they couldn't use it on the season 8 DVD because the rights had run out or something, because season 8 got released a while after the other seasons.

Edited on 08/25/2007 3:41am

robinepowell

[106]Aug 25, 2007
    tvfan332 wrote:
    robinepowell wrote:
    urion_nix wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

I think it's something to do with the rights of the song running out, so they couldn't use it on the season 8 DVD because the rights had run out or something, because season 8 got released a while after the other seasons.

I've heard that's a possible reason but up until now I never knew it would apply to a show's last season on DVD. The song was used for Season 8 when it was on TV.

robinepowell

[107]Sep 6, 2007

Alyssa's going to be on "My Name is Earl" in November!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Earl-Charmed/800021729?messageID=800252977&

:
    Sounds like there's some good frakkin' karma headin' Earl Hickey's way.

My Name is Earl has tapped Alyssa Milano to join the cast as a possible love interest for Jason Lee. According to sources, the ex-sorceress is on board for a minimum of eight episodes. Earl meets Milano's tough and quirky character through fellow inmate Frank (Michael Rapaport). The two bond and, through a bizarre twist of fate that harkens back to a seminal moment in Earl's past, he ends up teaching her the ins-and-outs of karma (note: karma very well could be a euphamism for something dirtier here).

Edited on 09/06/2007 12:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

buffyjl

[108]Sep 6, 2007

Nice double-dipping there, Robin!

robinepowell

[109]Sep 6, 2007
    buffyjl wrote:

Nice double-dipping there, Robin!

You mean because of the H.P. mention? Just trying to clear things up for you.

robinepowell

[110]Jun 23, 2008

Paramount is re-releasing all eight seasons on DVD on October 21st.

:
    We've added a news item for "Charmed" to the site. Here it is:

Paramount to Release 2 Charmed: The Complete Series DVD Packages - 3:32 AM 6/23/2008 We've got the new announcement this morning for "Charmed - The Complete Series" on DVD! Get the early info about both versions of this release, in the TVShowsOnDVD News. http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=9898

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Charmed" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

robinepowell

[111]Jul 3, 2008
    Funny how no one but me has posted any news on the DVDs.

Here's the extras and a second release date.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Charmed-The-Complete-Series/9931

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Charmed-Release-Date-Change/9982

buffyjl

[112]Jul 3, 2008
    Question is: Will S8 have the Charmed song?

robinepowell

[113]Jul 3, 2008
    buffyjl wrote:
    Question is: Will S8 have the Charmed song?

That's what people are asking at IMDB and FanForum. Here, it seems only you and I are interested.

Have you looked at the pictures or read the sizes? The Deluxe Edition will a foot high and wide too I think.

robinepowell

[114]Jul 26, 2008
    I'll post more news, even though no one but me is interested.

http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=10152

kirkeastment

[115]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 3

robinepowell wrote:
    I'll post more news, even though no one but me is interested. http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=10152

After seeing that new set, i'm really hoping a UK release is on the books for it as well, i've already got the magic chest edition, but i'll definitely go ahead and get this one as well.

All i'm really hoping for one day, is a release with extra features including cast interviews, coming in a faux house boxset like the one the show is set in.

Edited on 08/04/2008 1:17pm

Genzie

[116]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    Its kinda nice :O except the fact that I just bought the complete series..The R2 version..

robinepowell

[117]Aug 25, 2008

Well two things come to mind. First, is the people releasing the DVDs are making it up to those of us in North America because we didn't get a special edition with the final season. Yes I know we can buy the boxed set but it's not special, it's Seasons 1-8 all in one package, like a boxed set of books.

Second, if it doesn't come out anywhere else, order it through Amazon or get someone to make some copies and find yourself a multi region DVD player. Here's another news item, with more pictures of the two different sets, which as far as I can tell, the only difference is size. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Charmed-The-Complete-Series/10281

Edited on 09/28/2008 11:04am
    Edited 2 total times.

CharmedOneP391

[118]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    wow i had wondered if they were ever going to come out with a complete series set...looks cool. and more bonus features is a good thing especially cuz only season 8 had bonus material...so this is good

TCharmed77

[119]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 6

CAPNDEL wrote:
    Ms. combs recent comment about Charmed not getting the respect that Buffy did, is in my opinion a load of crap. I have enjoyed Charmed very much over the years and congratulate the cast and crew for a long run on a truly good show. But let's face it Buffy paved the way for every supernatural drama on television during the past 10 years.

Well she was not slamming Buffy, just the WB for not promoting them. Look at how the WB treated Buffy in Season Five they even drove poor Joss to close down production on THE GIFT. She was saying that the WB didn't treat them fairly and it is the truth. Yes Buffy paved the way and I am a huge Buffy fan and thank that show for doing paving the way.

kirkeastment

[120]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 3

Ok so heres what apparently the UK will be getting for the new DVD sets of charmed(only new thing is the featurettes).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charmed-Complete-Collection-Ultimate-Box/dp/B001CO8RYE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220464414&sr=8-3

IMO this is a travesty, ok so we get the set over a month before the americans get theirs. But lets face it, its just a shoebox with pictures on it. Also yes it is the european quivalent to the "Book of Shadows" edition the americans will get, as it lists the special features that the new sets are supposed to contain.

The only thing i'm hoping is that the image is actually the box, that contains the "Book of Shadows" boxset, much like the "Magic Chest" edition came inside a white box, labelled charmed the complete series.

Edited on 09/03/2008 11:00am