Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Piper vs Prue vs Phoebe vs Paige?

ashleyhalliwell

[121]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    No it even says in the book of shadows the oldest is always the strongest, its been mentioned in numerous episodes i just cant remember which ones lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kervz_0711

[122]Mar 7, 2007
    if the unconscious prue is dead, her astral self would also be dead.. her astral self is intangible although she can touch things with it, but if her primary body is dead, she's good as dead... because her astral self can disappear if its either hit by any kind of power or if she gets tired with it.. and it doesn't possess her power of telekinesis...got that...

NJZ

[123]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 29
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:
    No it even says in the book of shadows the oldest is always the strongest, its been mentioned in numerous episodes i just cant remember which ones lol

Yeah, that's true.

kervz_0711

[124]Mar 9, 2007
    which episode is that??? if that was the case of being a charmed one, id say prue should be able to do it alone... and if it's really true, i guess the show and the prophecy is too unfair...

kervz_0711

[125]Mar 9, 2007
    for me... i think piper will win against the four without of course taking their powers away... prue, phoebe, and paige maybe immune to her freezing powers and maybe some other good witches but her molecular combustion has never been tested on good witches.. it was only theorized by prue that they are also immune to that power. as we can see in the later seasons, when her powers are either stolen or switched, the power itself can send her sisters and upper level demons flying 10ft away without even trying. and in s6's womb raider, phoebe told power not to blow the cage when they were caged by the seer because it might just bounce back and blow them up.
    frankly speaking, piper has the fastest reaction time to her powers than any other sister since it is triggered by panicking.. once surprised or panicked she freezes everything around her. one advantage of piper's powers from prue's is that her powers are not measured by the mass of an object unlike prue's.
    if we take the morality bite's perspective, okay... lets say prue really advanced her powers by blowing the attic walls and it was 10 years in the future. piper also froze and entire block that episode and she also froze the entire block in the episode, apocalypse not, and it was just two years of her powers.. she got her new power in the season3. imagine how it will advanced it the future.. we saw what the future prue and phoebe can do with their powers except astral projection and premonition... but what's telling how lethal can the molecular combustion of piper will become... right?

kervz_0711

[126]Mar 9, 2007
    second would either be prue or paige... since both have similar offensive attacks... prue can move things with her mind and paige can move things by calling them out... prue can astral project while paige can orb in and out...

offensive attacks:
    prue can throw demons easily- 1
    paige can orb out demons hardly - 0

prue can send back fireballs/energy balls- 1
    paige can send it back also but still needs to call them- 1
    (although im pretty sure paige's advanced powers will not require her to call them out)

prue's martial arts- 1
    paige's martial arts is a bit behind from prue and phoebe- 0

defense:
    prue can only dodge fireballs or astral project to make her intangible but her primary body vulnerable - 0
    paige can orb out anywhere and escape the danger-1

total:
    Prue=3
    Paige=2
    : then i guess prue wins, but it's hard to say even with piper...

if the sisters haven't drank the potion to make them immune to phoebe's empathis powers, then phoebe may stand a big chance of winning against the other three...

in charmed and dangerous, she was insulted by the source when he said: "Your power was always the weakest, hardly worth
    taking. Your life however is." and thw lady demon who wanted to be one of the charmed took phoebe rather than piper and paige because she has the least offensive powers... and in the episode ms hellfire, she was regarded as NEGLIBLE because of her less offensive powers compared to prue and piper.... poor phoebe... although i like her very much, especially the hot guys she went out for the whole series...

GrifterTWolf

[127]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 26
    In all honesty, I think Prue would win or tie with Piper; the reason being is that if they turned their powers against one another they lose them! So we're talking about sheer grit and toughness, not magic use here.

ashleyhalliwell

[128]Mar 9, 2007
    If their powers were to be taken away then they would be taken away once they have used them (like in power outrage) they have to have used them on each other before they are taken away. So its down to who attacks who first with thier powers, piper could potentially kill a sister in one attack so she would probably go for paige lol then prue would throw pheobe into something and knock her out, then i dunno sends knives flying into her so thats 2 down but then their powers are gone so its left piper v prue hand to hand comabt in which prue would win because she is better at fighting than piper. But this is assuming that piper attacks paige first

kervz_0711

[129]Mar 17, 2007
    one more thing... if you think piper can't fight during close combats, well, you're wrong... she can fight, although she doesn't really have time to play with demons... she is always in panicking moments that's why she doesn't go near a demon. but the episode when she was turn into a vahlkerie, she fought pretty well there. the skills to fight was normal to vahlkeries but still needs training to earn them... piper on the other hand was born with it so she makes a perfect vahlkerie when she was turn one. there, she was confident and angry that's why she fights a lot... so, she really can fight and go up against prue and phoebe...

tvfan332

[130]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 37
    I agree with the poster above, Piper can fight, anyone remember Kill Billie: Vol.2? When she just starting beating Billie. Good times...

NJZ

[131]Mar 19, 2007
    tvfan332 wrote:
    I agree with the poster above, Piper can fight, anyone remember Kill Billie: Vol.2? When she just starting beating Billie. Good times...

But that was because she was able to push Billie to the floor easily and got on top of her. If it was against Prue, Phoebe or even Paige, they wouldn't give Piper the chance to even get that close.

ashleyhalliwell

[132]Mar 19, 2007
    Yeah piper is a good fighter but Prue and Pheobe are better, piper never hardly fights and when she does she got an ok punch on her but shes not as athletic or skilled as pheobe and prue. Shes still an ok fighter just prue and pheobe are really good (watch wrestling with demons)

JoshSutton

[133]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 15
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:
    Yeah piper is a good fighter but Prue and Pheobe are better, piper never hardly fights and when she does she got an ok punch on her but shes not as athletic or skilled as pheobe and prue. Shes still an ok fighter just prue and pheobe are really good (watch wrestling with demons)
    I don't understand how Prue was such a good fighter in that episode.. cos she was as good.. if not better than Phoebe and Phoebe had been studying martial arts since season 1! Prue was excellent though... in Primrose Empath.. she is da bomb! lol. Is it Shannen doing the stunt cos.. it sure looks like her.. and its in slow mo!

buffyjl

[134]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 20

JoshSutton wrote:
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:

(watch wrestling with demons)

I don't understand how Prue was such a good fighter in that episode.. cos she was as good..

There's only 1 explanation.

It wasn't just fighting, it was about wrestling, so Prue musta bin a wrestling fan. Specifically the new World order, as Hollywood Hogan can inspire people to great things, like fighting skills for Prue.

NJZ

[135]Mar 21, 2007
    buffyjl wrote:

JoshSutton wrote:
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:

I don't understand how Prue was such a good fighter in that episode.. cos she was as good..

It wasn't just fighting, it was about wrestling, so Prue musta bin a wrestling fan. Specifically the new World order, as Hollywood Hogan can inspire people to great things, like fighting skills for Prue.

lol, the real explanation (or so I believe it to be) is that in Ms Hellfire, Prue said that she was going to start some sort of training or something like that. And she has TK which enhances her abilities to move around like she did in Wrestling With Demons. Just like Billie could in S8

NJZ

[136]Mar 21, 2007
    buffyjl wrote:

JoshSutton wrote:
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:

lol, the real explanation (or so I believe it to be) is that in Ms Hellfire, Prue said that she was going to start some sort of training or something like that. And she has TK which enhances her abilities to move around like she did in Wrestling With Demons. Just like Billie could in S8

kervz_0711

[137]Apr 11, 2007
    if you're  a real fan of charmed then you would know that there is a never ending change of storylines... when they say piper can't freeze witches, how come she was able to freeze billie in the episode hulkus pocus when billie was infected witha virus that enhances the victim's powers while turning them hideous... though they are transformed, she was still a witch cause it was just an infection... and in the episode the jung and the restless, why did phoebe scolded piper on trying to vanguish billie and christie with a potion and told her that she could have just froze them????

kervz_0711

[138]Apr 11, 2007
    not that im happy when prue died, but when she was alive, she basically run the show rather than her two sisters... but when she died and paige arrived, there was equal distribution of the spotlight... although, it was prue who run the show in the first three season, piper and phoebe are the ones who can make me laugh... piper and phoebe is a funny duo... hahaha

PsionStreak

[139]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    ashleyhalliwell wrote:
    I disagree, although piper doesn't show it much, she is quite athletic and can fight quite well, probably equal to paige. if you watch "Bite Me" in S4 at the start you see piper do a really good flip and then kick a demon in the stomach. also in "hell hath no fury" piper is obviously very good at blocking and dodging attacks. She'd be on about the same level as paige i'd assume as piper doesn't fight as much but has been training longer....
    Edited on 04/12/2007 12:06am

wittyscreenname

[140]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 16
    I haven't read all of the posts in this thread...but there was definitely a lot of thought put into this by everyone!

In my opinion, it really depends on the scenario.  I apologize if I repeat anything that's already been said, as I said before, I only read maybe three out of the seven pages of posts.

Scenario 1:  Prue-Piper-Phoebe (with Prue still alive, Paige will not have obtained Charmed One status and is therefore out of the running.)

With Magic(Hypothetical situation assuming that they can use it against each other without losing their powers)
    1) Prue (Her powers were always pretty much the strongest, and had she lived past season four they likely would have become unlimited)
    2) Piper (I would really REALLY not want to mess with her powers)
    3) Phoebe (Stripped of her combat skills for this battle, her powers are mostly passive.  And levitation without fighting skills...is just levitation)

Without Magic
    1) Phoebe (because she's trained so hard to make up for the fact that her powers are primarily passive, and she has proven that she can kick butt!)
    2) Prue (simply out of sheer ruthlessness--she is nearly a match for Phoebe by my standards)
    3) Piper (While she can hold her own in battle...she doesn't quite make the cut)

Scenario 2: Piper-Phoebe-Paige (Prue is dead, Paige received her powers, etc)

With Magic: (again hypothetical situation...blah, blah, blah)
    1) Piper ('nuff said)
    2) Paige (calling objects to throw at people has proven reasonably effective, hasn't it?)
    3) Phoebe (same reasons as before.)

Without Magic:
    1) Phoebe
    2) Paige
    3) Piper

Scenario 3: Prue-Piper-Phoebe-Paige (just for the heck of it)

With Magic:
    1) Prue
    2) Piper
    3) Paige
    4) Phoebe

Without Magic:
    1) Phoebe
    2) Prue
    3) Paige
    4) Piper

I guess that there's kind of a pattern, isn't there?
    Edited on 04/12/2007 9:15am