Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Piper vs Prue vs Phoebe vs Paige?

kervz_0711

[161]May 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    billie is not a charmed one... she's not even their sister...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kervz_0711

[162]May 20, 2007

u know wat... come to think of it... how come phoebe's empathic powers are so strong? i mean, she feels the emotion of another and channels their powers back... how can she do that when she doesn't even possess the powers the other one has... i mean, the show's portrayal of the empathic power is great but common... channeling emotions so that she can deflect their powers... it only means she has to be angry to deflect or control it or feel hate to manipulate fireballs... i mean, it's easy to feel anger and hate...  it didn't happen to prue or the person in season who gained the empathic power a bit longer...

and people say that she can deflect her sister's powers.. c'mon, it took her a time to manipulate fireballs that moves in distance. how can she possibly deflect piper's powers who's reaction time is superfast. one thrust then the target blows up... nor deflects prue's powers who can move things with her mind instantly... maybe she can manipulate a little with paige's if paige threw somehing at her...

so her empathic power is still subject to prove and needs to be examined it's continuity further... even with that power, her powers are still subordinate to her other sisters... and she never got it back in the last season... maybe she got it back, so what, it didn't develop anyway... and piper gets to keepb the manor...

kervz_0711

[163]May 20, 2007

maybe, in spellcasting, phoebe is the best in creating one, but your right, spells may backfire... and even in the whole series, sometimes piper refer her as a lousy spell caster...

piper is the potion master... she's even the teacher of paige in brewing magical potions... and paige said "she learned it from the best"...

paige is the adventurer and might even beat phoebe in spellcasting...

prue is great coz she always rely on her telekinetic powers, so as piper...

fosterscheese

[164]May 20, 2007
    • level: 25
    Deea24 wrote:
    fosterscheese wrote:

See, if you're a big fan you would know about PERSONAL PLEASURE things and spells backfire on you for that, so yeah it would be like this:

WITH MAGIC:

1. Paige
    2. Prue
    3. Phoebe
    4. Piper

WITHOUT MAGIC:

1. Phoebe
    2. Paige
    3. Prue
    4. Piper

PS. Where's Billie?

Why is Piper the last one on both lists? I mean, with her powers, she kicks a$$!

The list as as so because:

WITH MAGIC

Piper tries to blow up Phoebe/Paige/Prue.

Phoebe sees the move before Piper makes it and easily dodges it.

Paige would orb out before Piper can blow her up.

Prue will use her telekinetics to push Piper, therefore Piper can't attack.

Phoebe predicts Piper's/Paige's/Prue's moves

Piper tries to blow up Phoebe, she sees the move and dodges it.

Paige orbs Phoebe out the window, or of the Eifel Tower .

Prue knocks Phoebe in a wall.

Prue uses telekinetics on Phoebe/Piper/Paige

Phoebe is simply knocked out.

Piper would try to blow up Prue, but Prue blows Piper before she can even move.

Paige would orb out of danger and attack Prue.

Paige uses her whitelighter powers against Phoebe/Piper/Prue

Phoebe can predict Paige's move, but Paige will orb her somewhere in danger

Piper tries to blow up Paige, but Paige orbs behind her and knockes her out

Prue will put up a fight but Paige will orb near Prue and attack her.

WITHOUT MAGIC

Phoebe is most skilled in hand-to-hand combat and knocks out Piper/Prue/Paige

Piper is not skilled at hand-to-hand combat at all making her an easy target.

Prue can attack hard, but Phoebe can simply knock her unconscious

Paige would dodge about 1/4 of Phoebe's attacks but still, Phoebe is better

Paige is very good at attacking close range tartgets (Phoebe/Piper/Prue)

Phoebe can knock her out without much effort

Piper can hardly fight making her an easy target.

Prue is kind of like Paige, but Phoebe's lessons to Paige have to pay off (after all Paige learned from Phoebe and Piper)

Prue would be in a offensive|deffensive position therefore can easily hit Phoebe/Paige/Piper

Phoebe is much more skilled at combat than Prue.

Paige would still be a hard target, after all, she defeated Billie, with dodging.

Piper can't attack from close range so Prue can take her out.

Piper isn't good at hand-to-hand combat making it easy for Paige/Phoebe/Prue

Paige is excellent at fights without magic, so it's easy for Paige to defeat her.

Phoebe is the best. Not even, Paige and Prue together can defeat her let alone Piper.

Prue is very good, at both offensive and deffensive positions so any attempt for Piper against Prue will fail.

Need I say more?

fosterscheese

NJZ

[165]May 20, 2007
    • level: 29
    I disagree with a lot of the above post. But I just can't be bothered to type why.

fosterscheese

[166]May 20, 2007
    • level: 25

NJZ wrote:
    I disagree with a lot of the above post. But I just can't be bothered to type why.

If it's my post, that's how I see things. 

buffyjl

[167]May 20, 2007
    • level: 20

fosterscheese wrote:
    The list as as so because:

Wow, very well written. While I think Piper would be higher with Magic, you reasoned it out very well!

buffyjl

[168]May 20, 2007
    • level: 20

NJZ wrote:

Really? Then I guess we need to update the list:

1. Phoebe
    2. Paige
    3. Prue
    4. Piper
    5. NJZ (she just couldn't be bothered to fight back )

Deea24

[169]May 20, 2007
    • level: 14
    fostersheese: can't agree with everything you said, but you made some good points

kervz_0711

[170]May 20, 2007

i guess we're all entitled to express our own opinions... and for fosterscheese, very imaginative way... although, some of the things you wrote needs to be questioned...

like how will prue blow piper up? she can't deflect molecular combustion coz it doesn't travel by distance... the only piper would miss is that when her range is poor...

you saying piper can't fight and paige can... what's your proof?

so what if phoebe can predict piper.. it doesnt mean she can teleport to a safer place if piper just keep on trying to blow her up... it's just like a mouse with no mousehole being chased by a cat..

and paige orbing out takes 2-3 seconds before completely disappearing, how does that make her safe from piper when piper can even blow or freeze a shimmering demon...

and how come prue is subordibnate to phoebe's fighting skills? phoebe only learned combat skills first but it doesnt mean no one can suppress hers...

and i think you forgot that being agressive sometimes matter in many ways in the case of prue and piper... being aggressive all the time...

so what if paige tries to orb phoebe to the top of the eiffel tower for her to fall down... she could just levitate...

im conssidering everything with no spells and potions...

ashleyhalliwell

[171]May 21, 2007
    Theres no way Paige is better at hand to hand combat than prue, prue would wipe the floor with paige, Prue has alot more aggresion hits way harder and is generally stronger than paige. The fact that in one episode Paige dodged billies punches and stuff doesnt suddenly make her a better fighter than prue and even piper. Also Prue would be quite a match for pheobe in hand to hand combat so theres no way she could take prue and paige out at the same time. any way apart from that i agree with most of the other stuff you stated fosterscheese

NJZ

[172]May 21, 2007
    I actually think Prue would beat Phoebe in hand-to-hand combat. Even Phoebe was impressed by Prue's skills (although it helped having TK) in "Wrestling With Demons"

Deea24

[173]May 21, 2007
    NJZ wrote:
    I actually think Prue would beat Phoebe in hand-to-hand combat. Even Phoebe was impressed by Prue's skills (although it helped having TK) in "Wrestling With Demons"

I agree
    Phoebe started with the fighting-training since season 1...now wonder she's a good fighter!
    Prue just started at the beginning of season3 and she still was as good as Phoebe...if not better

atg215

[174]May 21, 2007
    • level: 9

even though i luv paige to death lol i would hav to say that it would go like this:

1. phoebe

2. paige

3. piper

4.prue

because pheobe is the smartest and she once used her impath ability to channel piper's powers and used them against her so what would stop her from doing it again. paige(the sexiest one)has a great defensive power. enough evasive orbs would drive piper crazy and when piper's mad she cant control her powers as much. prue has a nice power but piper can blow up anything prue throws at her including prue. prue doesnt really have any defensive powers like paige so she's jus out of it. its possible that prue could take phoebe but phoebe's jus too smart, she would figure her out. plus phoebe gets premonitions.....

NJZ

[175]May 22, 2007

atg215 wrote:
    because pheobe is the smartest...its possible that prue could take phoebe but phoebe's jus too smart, she would figure her out.

ROFL. Sorry, I just can't help LMAO. 

NJZ

[176]May 22, 2007
    Deea24 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

I agree
    Phoebe started with the fighting-training since season 1...now wonder she's a good fighter!
    Prue just started at the beginning of season3 and she still was as good as Phoebe...if not better

Didn't Prue start in S2, after Ms Hellfire? She said she'd be going to some sort of fighting classes.

nightguyy1133

[177]May 22, 2007

PIPER DONT BLOW STUFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   she uses molecular malfunction where she can speed the molecules of someones boddy up and they go to fast so they blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the opposite when she (freezes) demons ot just slows the molecules down to almso a stop! just wanting to get u all to understand she doesnt blow stuff up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deea24

[178]May 23, 2007
    NJZ wrote:
    Deea24 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

I agree

Didn't Prue start in S2, after Ms Hellfire? She said she'd be going to some sort of fighting classes.

Don't remember if those was fighting classes...but I think so...Phoebe was so enthuiastic about it
    Anyway, she started later than Phoebe did!

NJZ wrote:

atg215 wrote:
    because pheobe is the smartest...its possible that prue could take phoebe but phoebe's jus too smart, she would figure her out.

....Phoebe??? Too smart??? are you kidding...there are so many adjectives do describe Phoebe, but I don't think that smart is one of them
    My opinion: When you think of a smart person from Charmed, you think about Prue

NJZ

[179]May 23, 2007
    Deea24 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:

atg215 wrote:

....Phoebe??? Too smart??? are you kidding...there are so many adjectives do describe Phoebe, but I don't think that smart is one of them
    My opinion: When you think of a smart person from Charmed, you think about Prue

Definitely Prue.

NJZ

[180]May 23, 2007
    nightguyy1133 wrote:

PIPER DONT BLOW STUFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she uses molecular malfunction where she can speed the molecules of someones boddy up and they go to fast so they blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the opposite when she (freezes) demons ot just slows the molecules down to almso a stop! just wanting to get u all to understand she doesnt blow stuff up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, and I suppose many others, already know that. But saying "blowing up" is a LOT faster than saying "Molecular Combustion" and "freezing" is faster than "Molecular Inhibition" so thats basically why we say it. Its called SLANG. BTW, "malfunction" is an incorrect word to use so I suggest next time you come on this forum to act haughty and rude you get your facts straight
    Edited on 05/23/2007 11:43am