Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

READ BEFORE POSTING: Forum Rules, Designated Threads & Submission Guidelines

Kristhetvgirl2

[1]May 28, 2006
    • level: 52

Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting!

First and foremost, if you're new to the website please go check out the NEW USERS forum to learn about the site.

1. POSTS & BEHAVIOR, ETC:

Questions & Search Forums feature:
    Before asking your question, please use the Search forums box at the top of the forum and type in the episode name, character name, actor name, etc and it'll show you all threads about them. Try the episode titled threads first or the threads specifically designed for the actors/characters, and if you still cannot find anything related, go ahead and start a new thread. Certain topics don't need their own thread, please be mindful that it might just be better to post your question in the General Discussion and FAQ thread.

Episode Threads:
    Please keep any discussion regarding characters and/or storylines of episodes in the specific episode titled threads. There is one for most episodes and you can use the Search Forums feature as mentioned above, but if you cannot find one please use this format to create one. The title of the thread should be the episode number and the episode title. For example: Ep 8.16 - Engaged and Confused. 

On Topic/Off Topic:
    Please keep all threads on topic. Anything off topic will be deleted, especially if they're in a thread designed for one specific topic. Mostly anything not Charmed related just isn't appropriate for this forum. Discussion of TV.com and forum policy is off-topic on the Charmed discussion forum since they don’t concern this TV series, characters, storylines, etc. Feel free to discuss any appropriate off topic issues in the Off-Topic forum.

Behavior:
    No arguing! People are allowed to give their opinions and just cuz you don't agree doesn't mean they're wrong. Everything is speculation until it happens. A healthy debate and/or constructive well-thought out arguments/opinions about storylines/characters is allowed, but outright negativity isn't helpful, nor needed, in this forum, and if I feel a post is designed to stir up trouble, I will delete it. If you don't like the series in general, then don't waste anyone's time by posting here.

Guest-stars/Stars/Characters:
    Guest-stars (and their characters) do not always deserve their own threads but some exceptions have been made for recurring characters. However it may be easier to discuss certain characters or actors in the episode threads that they appear in or in the General Discussion and FAQ thread. Most stars of the series have their own threads and the links to their respective threads can be found at the bottom of this page.

Games, Fan Fiction & Other Copyright Issues:
    Game threads and fan fiction are not allowed in this forum, as games don’t meet TV.com’s definition of “on topic” threads, and fan fiction borders on a blurred line of copyright violation and violates TV.com's Terms of Use.  You are free to post that kind of thing in your personal blogs or try TV.com's Fun & Games Forum. Terms of Use also applies to users posting stuff that isn't theirs. In terms with copyright protecton and the fact that some websites don't like their work being posted on other sites, it would be better when posting "news" to list a brief excerpt and post a link to the actual site for more info. FYI the only "almost-game" that's allowed in the forum is the Charmed Trivia thread because it leans more towards discussion of trivia about the show rather than a full-on game (it's a very gray area).

2. DOWNLOADING & RECORDING OF EPISODES:
    Downloading TV shows is illegal and there will be no discussion in this forum about it. Any posts regarding this will be immediately deleted. Discussion about taping the episodes is alright (for personal use only), however no discussion on selling tapes (or any other illegal merchandise) is allowed.

3. PINNED THREADS: 
    We have the very frequently used threads pinned to the top of the forum and below you can find a list  of designated threads for each star of the series, DVD discussion (by season set), etc. 

4. CONTACTING THE EDITOR/MODERATOR:
    If you have a problem with someone on the forum or want to ask why I deleted/locked your post, PM me by clicking on my user name, or you can email me at kristhetvgirl@yahoo.ca.  Do not post messages to me in this forum, they will be deleted. Also TV.com has a specifically designed system for reporting abuse, on the bottom of the post you can find a drop down menu that says Report Abuse to Moderator and this will be sent to the TV.com staff.

Edited on 02/16/2007 8:38am
    Edited 6 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kristhetvgirl2

[2]May 28, 2006

LIST OF DESIGNATED THREADS:

Series star/Recurring star threads:
    Rose McGowan - "Paige Matthews"
    Holly Marie Combs - "Piper Halliwell"
    Alyssa Milano - "Phoebe Halliwell"
    Shannen Doherty - "Prue Halliwell"
    Brian Krause - "Leo Wyatt"
    Kaley Cuoco - "Billie Jenkins"
    Dorian Gregory - "Darryl Morris"
    Marnette Patterson - "Christy Jenkins"
    Greg Vaughan - "Dan Gordon"
    Jennifer Rhodes - "Penny 'Grams' Halliwell"
    Julian McMahon - "Cole Turner"
    Jason & Kristopher Simmons / Wesley A. Ramsey - "Wyatt Halliwell"
    Drew Fuller - "Chris Perry"
    Karis Paige Bryant - "Jenny Gordon"
    "Baby Chris"
    Eric Dane - "Jason Dean"
    Ted King - "Andy Trudeau"
    Jason Lewis - "Dex Lawson"
    Balthazar Getty - "Richard Montana"
    Kit the cat
    The Source
    "Melinda Warren"
    Victor Webster - "Coop"
    Scott Jaeck - "Sam Wilder"
    Sandra Prosper - "Sheila Morris"

Character couple threads:
    Piper & Leo
    Phoebe & Cole

DVD discussion threads:
    Season 4 on DVD
    Season 5 on DVD
    Season 6 on DVD
    Season 7 on DVD
    Season 8 on DVD
    Wanting Extras in the DVDs
    DVD Mistakes
    International DVDs
    Cover Art & Release Dates

Music discussion thread:
    Music of Charmed

Season discussion threads:
    Season 1 Discussion
    Season 2 Discussion
    Season 3 Discussion
    Season 4 Discussion
    Season 5 Discussion
    Season 6 Discussion
    Season 7 Discussion
    Season 8 Discussion

"Best, Worst, Fave, Least Fave & If you could..." threads:
    The Best/Worst Episode of Each Season
    Best Acting Performances
    Best Season 5 Episode?
    Best/Worst demon
    Best special effects
    What is the sexiest episode?
    Funniest episodes
    Fave Charmed Moments
    Worst magical creatures
    Saddest episode of Charmed?
    What's your fave spell?
    Most hated witch, demon, whitelighter?
    Who was Paige's best boyfriend?
    Best/Worst Charmed Costumes or Outfits
    Fave Quotes
    Fave Charmed Moments
    Fave Episode Title?
    What was the best season of Charmed & why?
    Fave Season Premieres
    Fave Season Finales
    Fave Episode about Mythology?
    Fave Sister Poll
    Fave Fight Scenes
    What episode has the most dramatic ending?
    Poll: best episode?
    Your Top 10 Fave Charmed Episodes
    Which 2 part episode was the best?
    Poll: Fave Male Character
    Best/Worst Powers
    Worst special effects
    Best/Worst P3 Performance
    Top 5 & Bottom 5 Fave Charmed episodes
    Poll: Best Season 8 Episode
    Poll: Worst Season 8 Episode
    Fave Character
    If you could have any power, what would it be?
    What was the worst episode?
    Who was more powerful: the Source or the Triad?
    Which one is the best season of Charmed?
    Who is the hottest sister?
    Best performance by character?
    Who is the sexiest male?
    Top 5 Best Villains/Demons of the series?

Miscellaneous:
    Charmed Fan Art
    Self-Made Charmed videos
    Powers Discussion
    Charmed Books Discussion
    Charmed action figures
    Charmed Ratings (all seasons) 
    Showcase Diva airings
    Charmed Trivia
    Charmed Goofs
    Charmed - United Kingdom TV
    Charmed - Australian TV
    Charmed inconsistencies
    The Book of Shadows
    Things you never heard a Charmed character say...
    Charmed boardgame or videogame
    Charmed action figures
    Charmed magazine
    Charmed trading cards
    Charmed on TNT
    How Did Prue Die?

Edited on 05/01/2007 8:11am
    Edited 28 total times.

Kristhetvgirl2

[3]May 28, 2006

Updated: April 6, 2007.

FYI you can check out TV.com's Guidelines Center where they list their submission rules and pretty much anything else you wanted to know about TV.com.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1. QUOTES:

Format:
    Please use HTML coding for the proper areas. BOLD the speaker's name, but not the colon ( : ). Make sure the colon is put after the bolding, unless there's some sort of action listing next, in that case, put the colon after the action listing & it's HTML coding. Actions belong in brackets, if they're referring to something the speaker is doing or talking to someone right then but if the action is between quotes, no need for brackets. All actions should be listed in ITALICS. Do not include paragraph or break codes in submissions please just use the enter key. Yes this shows up strangely in the preview, but believe me, it goes to the normal format once approved. Please remember to close all HTML coding tags with a " / ", otherwise the bolding or italicizing will continue on for everything. I will edit quotes if I have the time, but if I'm in a particularly cranky mood, expect a rejection. Check out the TV.com's Guidelines Center for examples and further details on the formatting.

Length/Types of Quotes:
    Quotes should be short and sweet, and word-for-word from the episode. Don't paraphrase and don't rehash a whole scene. Any quotes not following this guideline will be rejected or deleted. The More

Quotes section: 
    TV.com only has so much space on the main page for quotes, if you look closely at the bottom of the displayed quotes, there's a link for MORE QUOTES where the rest are listed. Please don't submit duplicate quotes, check first.

2. DISPUTING/DELETING QUOTES & TRIVIA:
    Don't post anything starting with "in response to...". If you can dispute something and want it removed, use the edit button, click on DELETE THIS BLURB and type (in the User Comments), the reason why it's wrong and should be removed. Do not just edit the blurb adding your reasons why in the actual submission box.

3. APPROPRIATE SECTIONS:
    Make sure you use the appropriate section for your submission and please do not personalize submissons (for example they should not start with "I think", "we saw", etc). Here's a brief listing:

Episode Allusions
    is the section where you list episode title references or a pop culture mention in an episode. For title references please use the same format as listed below. Use an HTML break mark after the title. 

Title: Dead Man Dating

The title is a reference to Dead Man Walking, the 1995 film starring Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn.

And if your episode allusion has to do with a quote, use the quote format to list the quote (by bolding the speaker's name, etc), then use the html break mark, and list your reference on the next line. Please use italics to list episode titles, film titles, book titles, TV series titles, etc.

Episode Notes are for off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production, or ratings, and should not deal with on-camera events or trivia. Alternate episode titles and airdates (if it aired in another country before the originating country) are acceptable. Do not list "Shannen Doherty did not appear in this episode" for example - that is what the cast listings are for. Instead, you can uncheck her box in the Show Stars section of the particular episode. A good rule of thumb for determining what belongs in Notes is - if you didn't see it or hear it on screen in an episode it should go in notes.

Episode Trivia is for general trivia/factoids on the episode, on-camera events, and also the correct section for goofs & nitpicks. If you're listing a Trivia blurb please put "TRIVIA:" in front of it, just to differentiate between the Goof listings and the Trivia blurbs.

Example:
    TRIVIA: Phoebe develops a new power, empathy, in this episode.

Please note some plot points can be listed in the trivia section, but I'd recommend that the spoiler warning should apply for recent episodes. A good rule of thumb for determing what belongs in Trivia is - if you saw or heard it on screen in an episode it should go in notes.

4. PROPER PUNCTUATION/GRAMMAR:
    Please use proper punctuation & grammar for every submission. However I will edit submissions if necessary, for small errors, but if it's too filled with lots of errors or a continuous occurance it will be rejected.

5. REJECTIONS:
    Normally I will list in the Moderator Comments, the reason why your submission has been rejected. Sometimes on a particularly cranky day, I may not. I apologize in advance. Please note that I won't just automatically reject something cuz you forgot a comma, I will edit some submissions and approve them nonetheless. But if there are several errors (grammatical or not) I may reject it, and then tell you why. Also FYI I usually sign all my moderator comments with my name, however on occasion I won't sign my name if I'm approving/rejecting a bunch of your submissions in one sitting. 

6. ADDING DIRECTORS, WRITERS & OTHER CREW:
    It's a tad confusing, but here's how to find the area to contribute crew info. On the episode's page you wish to add this info to, the main page is on the SUMMARY section. Click on the button listing CREDITS and then the next button that says WRITERS & DIRECTORS (or CREW, if it's not a writer or director you wish to add) and then click the ADD button. Follow the instructions listed from there onward.

7. ADDING NEW CAST & EDITING CHARACTER NAMES:
    To add cast listings to an episode you click on the CREDITS button, then click on ADD. There you can check or uncheck the boxes of the show's main stars, and it's recurring characters. Then use the Step 2 Guest-stars section (about halfway down the page) to add the guest-stars (follow the listed instructions there). There's a TV.com glitch that if you attempt to edit/correct a cast's character's name that's already listed, you cannot do it in one submission. Firstly, delete the actor's name that says "unknown" or the wrong character name. Then in a second, separate submission, delete the actor's name and then add in the new listing with the proper names. In your user comments, list STEP #1, and STEP #2 to correct it. That way the editor knows which one to approve first. This will allow the deletion of the wrong listing and add in the corrected one. It's a tad complicated but it seems to work alright. Same goes with CREW listings too.

8. USER COMMENTS:
    Some people seem to be confused about this section. When you add a submission there's a mandatory section called the User Comments area. That section isn't for comments on the episode or the series in general, it's for comments about your submission. Basically the reason why your submission should be accepted. Usually it's a good idea to list your submission there as well, or some other notation for your own reference as to the submission, just in case it's rejected incorrectly. If it's for a deletion or correction, please use it to list your reasons why it should be deleted or corrected.

9. AIRDATES:
    TV.com lists the original airdates for episodes, meaning the first network to air the series and the airdates of the episodes on that network. Any other networks to pickup a series and air the episodes after do not get listed in the airdate section. However I will accept them in the TRIVIA section. Plus any network to air an episode before the original network can be listed in the NOTES section (such as "This episode aired March 5, 2006 in Canada"). Please note that this is why some episodes are called unaired despite airing on TV at some point - it means the original network did not air this episode. If it aired later, as stated above, you can submit it to the TRIVIA section.

Edited on 04/06/2007 10:10am
    Edited 5 total times.