The WB (ended 2006)

Season 8 on DVD

sazloo07

[161]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 12
    oskibar wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    oskibar wrote:
    Do ya reckon, in a couple of years, they'll re-release charmed DVDs in special edition, like they did with Buffy, or am i being too optimistic?

I think they will make one, one with new extras, since the Buffy one came out with new extras. Heres hoping extras for season 1-7.

Yep here's hoping, maybe they'll make the UK a Book Of Shadows set, too, Maybe?

I cant see them doing that as the 1-8 UK chest set is already a special edition. But i suppose its possible.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robinepowell

[162]May 7, 2007
    • level: 63

Season 8 DVDs - September 11, 2007:

:
    We've added a news item for "Charmed" to the site. Here it is:

Wrap It Up!  Rumored Release Date For Charmed's Final Season - 5:31 AM 5/07/2007 We've got the scoop on the release date for Charmed - The Complete 8th Season on DVD.  Find out what it is, in the TVShowsOnDVD News!
    www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7283

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Charmed" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information".
    TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com 

robinepowell

[163]May 29, 2007

It's official, September 11 for Region 1 and just as I predicted we're getting the same cover art as everyone else.

:
    We've added a news item for "Charmed" to the site. Here it is:

Release Date Confirmed for The Final Season, Plus  Box Art and EXTRAS! - 5:38 AM 5/29/2007 8 is great!  "Charmed - The Final Season" has been announced for DVD release, and we've got the breaking news for you in the
    TVShowsOnDVD News, including a confirmation of the date, info about extras, the box art, and the specs.  Head on over and take a look! www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7395

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Charmed" released on DVD. If you no longer want to eceive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - www.TVShowsOnDVD.com 

Edited on 05/29/2007 10:09am

corrsfan

[164]May 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    What's sad is they never came out with any cool box sets for Region 1 like in Australia with their Book of Shadows set for Seasons 1-7.

Shortpenguin

[165]May 29, 2007
    • level: 18
    Our cover art is a little bit different then everyone elses. Their's is black isn't it. Ours is kind of yellow. I like it, except the "final season" part. Shouldn't it say "Season 8". I like that better.

robinepowell

[166]May 30, 2007
    I'd like it to say "Season 8" too.  Anyone notice how there's an orange glow on their hair, even though there's nothing to cast an organe glow.

Shortpenguin

[167]May 30, 2007
    • level: 18
    I saw that too. Weird. I like it though, again, except for the 'final season" thing.

buffyjl

[168]May 31, 2007
    • level: 20

robinepowell wrote:
    I'd like it to say "Season 8" too.  Anyone notice how there's an orange glow on their hair, even though there's nothing to cast an organe glow.

Well, Paige had used magic just before S5 to turn her hair that color, so I guess the glow is her recasting the spell.

This means if there were a Season 9, all Paige, Piper, & Phoebe woulda had red hair.

tvfan332

[169]May 31, 2007
    • level: 37
    buffyjl wrote:

robinepowell wrote:

Well, Paige had used magic just before S5 to turn her hair that color, so I guess the glow is her recasting the spell.

This means if there were a Season 9, all Paige, Piper, & Phoebe woulda had red hair.

lol, Paige said in season five that her hair turned that colour because a potion exploded, it was fun how they made Rose McGowan's new hair colour something that was done by magic.

luc7ky

[170]May 31, 2007
    • level: 16
    Click This Link

tvtome_xena321

[171]May 31, 2007
    • level: 27
    sazloo07 wrote:
    oskibar wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    oskibar wrote:
    Do ya reckon, in a couple of years, they'll re-release charmed DVDs in special edition, like they did with Buffy, or am i being too optimistic?

I think they will make one, one with new extras, since the Buffy one came out with new extras. Heres hoping extras for season 1-7.

Yep here's hoping, maybe they'll make the UK a Book Of Shadows set, too, Maybe?

I cant see them doing that as the 1-8 UK chest set is already a special edition. But i suppose its possible.

Yeah lets hope so. Australia had the season 1-7 book of shawdows complete set, the set had room to put season 8 in too.

buffyjl

[172]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 20
    tvfan332 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

robinepowell wrote:

lol, Paige said in season five that her hair turned that colour because a potion exploded, it was fun how they made Rose McGowan's new hair colour something that was done by magic.

Yet another reason to up her awesomeness.

Similarly on another witch show, the British/Canadian show "The Worst Witch", the main bad girl actress was changed 1 season. They explained a spell gone wrong changed her face!

Edited on 06/01/2007 6:05am

tennisrobe26

[173]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 22
    if you go on the tv on dvd website you can c the cover art and they are calling it "The Final Season".

CharmedOneP391

[174]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 19

The cover art...

charmed season 8 dvd cover

luc7ky

[175]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 16
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

The cover art...

COOL

staa17

[176]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 15
    luc7ky wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

The cover art...

COOL

I love it!

Kristhetvgirl2

[177]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 52
    Today's the day... the final season of Charmed on DVD hits shelves today. Not sure I'll pick it up today but definitely by this weekend.

bamachic51

[178]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 1
    Ok, this is the last straw....I am ouuutragged!!!!! I just picked up the Final Season, excitedly ripped the celophane, tenderly put the disc in the player, waited patiently for the first episode...and what do I find????!!!! Different theme music introducing the girls!!!??? What the heck is going on??? I dont even know this music and it doesnt relate to Charmed. When the last season was on TV, they had the regular theme music from Love Spit Love, which I identify with the show. So sad, so sad...........First they take our show off the air, now they have taken the theme away....

vanlord_52

[179]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 5

bamachic51 wrote:
    Ok, this is the last straw....I am ouuutragged!!!!! I just picked up the Final Season, excitedly ripped the celophane, tenderly put the disc in the player, waited patiently for the first episode...and what do I find????!!!! Different theme music introducing the girls!!!??? What the heck is going on??? I dont even know this music and it doesnt relate to Charmed. When the last season was on TV, they had the regular theme music from Love Spit Love, which I identify with the show. So sad, so sad...........First they take our show off the air, now they have taken the theme away....

I can't believe you hadn't heard......CBS/Paramount, the producer of the Charmed DVDs, couldn't renew the license to the theme song for the season 8 DVD. It happens more than you think. It has happened to other TV-DVD releases, examples being Dawson's Creek and Roseanne, where the music is either different or completely taken out, due to either inhability to renew the music license, or the lisence is too high priced.

Rumors have been spread about not being able to have the theme song for Charmed season 8 since the other regions released it months ago, where it didn't have the theme song, but tvshowsondvd.com confirmed that the song wouldn't be on the DVD about a month ago.

I too, am disappointed, but at least this one is loaded with special features.

sawyer66

[180]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 10
    [post removed - off topic, not Charmed related]
    Edited on 09/12/2007 8:50am