Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Seasons 1-3 or seasons 4-8

CharmedWyatt123

[1]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 2

Seasons one through three had the power of three as Piper, Phoebe, and Prue. 4-8 had Piper, Phoebe, and Paige. What was your favorite trio?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tennisrobe26

[2]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 22
    I love all but i perfer the original charmed ones.

tvfan332

[3]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 37

Seasons 1-3 were the best, the sisters had a strong bond, and the show still had Prue.

(But I do like seasons 4, 5, 7, and 8 too).

Edited on 07/02/2007 3:38am

michael_LB92

[4]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 24
    Seasons 1-3. Season 4 was OK.
    Seasons 5-8 were the seasons that I like to think are ALL a very, bad, bad dream.

House24Fan

[5]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    Unlike many of the Charmed fans,I prefer the Piper/Phoebe/Paige combo.Prue was alright,but she bugged me sometimes.Paige can get on the nerves too,but at least she's funny.Prue wasn't usually that funny.Plus,Seasons 4-7 were my favorites.Season Eight was a nightmare though.It should not have been.

lenzinoH20

[6]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 31
    I loved Season 1-4 while Season 5-8 is pretty worthless!!

smg_rocks

[7]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    I like Piper, Phoebe and Paige better. I love seasons 4-7, but season 8 sucked

Kadodian

[8]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 23
    seasons 1-3 deffinetly I mean Prue was there

stewie1423

[9]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 25
    Seasons 1-3 although 4 was good. I thought seasons 5-7 were okay, sometimes very good other times very bad. didn't really warm to season 8. Should have finished at season 7!
    Edited on 07/04/2007 2:44am

JoshSutton

[10]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 15
    stewie1423 wrote:
    Seasons 1-3 although 4 was good. I thought seasons 5-7 were okay, sometimes very good other times very bad. didn't really warm to season 8. Should have finished at season 7!
    I agree, it should have finished at season 7. As bad as the later seasons were, they did hold some very good episodes, and of course some really really bad. Like when Phoebe gets body-jacked in season 7, i couldn't stand that! But then i loved the avatar storyline... i even enjoyed Something Wicca This Way Goes.. but Zankou = Worst. Villain. EVER. I do think that season 7 was a step up from 5 and 6 though.

corrsfan

[11]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 1

1-3 vs 4-8? That's tough because S4 is grouped with 5-8 to match the seasons with Paige. I'm going to have to go with 1-3 on this one. S4 is my favorite season, but the series was much better in the earlier seasons.

michael_LB92

[12]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 24
    JoshSutton wrote:
    stewie1423 wrote:
    I agree, it should have finished at season 7. As bad as the later seasons were, they did hold some very good episodes, and of course some really really bad. Like when Phoebe gets body-jacked in season 7, i couldn't stand that! But then i loved the avatar storyline... i even enjoyed Something Wicca This Way Goes.. but Zankou = Worst. Villain. EVER. I do think that season 7 was a step up from 5 and 6 though.

I actually thought season 7 was the best season out of seasons 5-8. It's good to see the show stepped up (even if they fell back down in season , but compared to earlier seasons, season 7 was still a disappointment.

Lostfinding

[13]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 15

How can you ask this question!!!?? Xd I mean, I Love Paige and and I loved Prue!! I Can't chose between prue and paige! With Prue there was more "bonding" between the sisters but Paige is so especial! I loved the confident Prue and i think that she is a great actreess! And Paige gets me so happy! She is so cool! She's perfect and a great natural actress! I looking foward to see some others films of her (anyway I think Piper is the best! Out and inside the show!!!)

And I think we can't chose between the seasons!! (Except for the last one that is clearly the worst!) Each season has some bad episodes! but that has nothing to do with Paige and Prue! I love 5 and 7 seasons so much! And 3 and four as well!! I'm able to chose. Despite I've to confess that I don't like the fairy-happy-touch at all!! I miss the demons like Abraxas or Balthazor and I hate the funny-carachter-demon that are so not cool like "stanly" in season 5 =the day that magic died=

(If you wanna talk about Charmed or SUpernatural please get my msn!!!! Please a love to chat with charmed fans!! Illora333@hotmail.com)

littlehutch2008

[14]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 13

michael_LB92 wrote:
    Seasons 1-3. Season 4 was OK. Seasons 5-8 were the seasons that I like to think are ALL a very, bad, bad dream.

definately! I totally agree

littlehutch2008

[15]Jul 5, 2007
    Seasons 1-3 HANDS DOWN! Prue, Piper, and Phoebe were real sisters... they grew up together and knew eachother, they had memories and it was believable they were sisters. Plus in seasons 1-3, the storylines were original, the spells were new, and the solutions to problems were clever... in the later seasons, the storylines were recycled like crazy and the spells were completely repetitive, we always heard the same ones or at least a slight variation. Not to mention the solution to problems were either Piper blowing the demon up, or them using potions that were "stronger than the ones used on the Source"

proudmom147

[16]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    I can't chose either! I loved when they first started out and were learning everything. They were so young and innocent. Then I loved it when Piper became lead and everyone knew what they had to do with their powers. I loved seeing Piper turn from a pushover to power person. I liked Prue but I also liked Paige a lot. Her character was a perfect add to the show. They didn't try to replace Prue with another Prue personality but yet made it mesh with the existing sisters.

wb_fan

[17]Jul 5, 2007
    I liked them all.. I didn't really care for season 4 all that much, mainly because I didn't really like Rose McGowan, but I think she grew into Paige quite nicely by season 5. The only seasons I didn't really like were seasons 4 and 8. I did like the beginning of season 4 where they were dealing with the aftermath of Prue's death.. I think Holly Marie Combs just did brilliantly.. and I agree with proudmom147 about Piper becoming the lead and not be the pushover anymore.. I did like the series finale, though, because they finally got a break and were all happy and married.. and we got to see Chris and Wyatt.

tvtome_xena321

[18]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 27

Season 1-3, the quality was so much better and the stories were more interesting.

Plus season 4-8 focused too much on relationships and personal lives. I liked the sister relationship in 1-3, plus I always loved how it was much more focused on the sisters. Like episodes end on a good sister moment, heaps in 1-3, when 4-8 ended on a sister relationship storyline with a guy way too much.

Edited on 07/05/2007 9:58pm

charmed452

[19]Jul 6, 2007
    i can't really choose, but season 8 was the best!

littlehutch2008

[20]Jul 6, 2007

charmed452 wrote:
    i can't really choose, but season 8 was the best!

Really? I found season 8 to be the worst, post pathetic season Charmed tried to pull off....