Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

Ted King - "Andy Trudeau"

monkeygurl007

[21]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 14
    maxpower03 wrote:

There are three rumors to why he was killed off...
    a) He demanded more screentime and the writers didn't listen, so he quit.
    b) The writers ran out of storylines for him, so killed him.
    c) He and Shannen didn't get along so she had him fired.

I doubt B that sounds sort of far fecthed. I don't think the writer would go that far.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nashps13

[22]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 23
    I know cuz Darryl was not a child hood friend but just a friend.

NJZ

[23]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 29
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

i've heard of solution A, and C could be true aswell

I thought Shannen only had problems with the females she worked with and the only male she had a problem with was Brad Kern

maxpower03

[24]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 42

monkeygurl007 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

I doubt B that sounds sort of far fecthed. I don't think the writer would go that far.

Why? Many shows kill characters when they run out of storylines for them.

monkeygurl007

[25]Jul 24, 2006
    maxpower03 wrote:

monkeygurl007 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

Why? Many shows kill characters when they run out of storylines for them.

I just never heard that. I guess it could be true.

xSucker4Lovex

[26]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 7

well i dont know WHY andy had to die in the show so soon but i know that it sucked when he did die.

i was in tears

monkeygurl007

[27]Jul 24, 2006
    xSucker4Lovex wrote:

well i dont know WHY andy had to die in the show so soon but i know that it sucked when he did die.

i was in tears

I laughed.

samhalliwell

[28]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    monkeygurl007 wrote:
    xSucker4Lovex wrote:

i was in tears

I laughed.

I just kept watching.

monkeygurl007

[29]Jul 24, 2006
    samhalliwell wrote:
    monkeygurl007 wrote:
    xSucker4Lovex wrote:

i was in tears

I laughed.

I just kept watching.

I kept wacthing while laughing. duh! LOL.

samhalliwell

[30]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    monkeygurl007 wrote:
    samhalliwell wrote:
    monkeygurl007 wrote:
    xSucker4Lovex wrote:

i was in tears

I laughed.

I just kept watching.

I kept wacthing while laughing. duh! LOL.

TC_88

[31]Jul 25, 2006
    NJZ wrote:
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

I thought Shannen only had problems with the females she worked with and the only male she had a problem with was Brad Kern
    There is no solid proof that she had problems with Brad.

hainesg324

[32]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 44
    I really liked Andy. I loved him and Darryl's conversations with each other, as well as his strange relationship with Prue. They both should have stayed for all eight seasons.
    Edited on 07/25/2006 5:35am

NJZ

[33]Jul 25, 2006
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

I don't think the fans need proof to know that. Its kinda obvious that Shannen didn't just have a problem with Alyssa but others too, could be Brad. Also, isn't he the one who called her to tell her she was fired? If so, understandably she would have a problem with him.

TC_88

[34]Jul 26, 2006
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

I don't think the fans need proof to know that. Its kinda obvious that Shannen didn't just have a problem with Alyssa but others too, could be Brad. Also, isn't he the one who called her to tell her she was fired? If so, understandably she would have a problem with him.
    Are you even listening to yourself. Very soon you'd be telling me that the world isnt round and you dont need proof for it. Come on!

She had a problem with Alyssa and everyone knew that. In every article, in every interview, she makes mention of her problems with Alyssa. But she never ever mentions Brad. I get how she might not wanna mention Aaron because she'd be thinking, 'ooh he might get me another job in the future' ...but what does she owe Brad. She'd diss him anyday anywhere if he gave her a hard time.

And the fact that he Might ...MIGHT have been the one that called her to tell her she was fired dont mean nothing. For all we know, he cld have been very sympathetic on the phone...even if he was just faking it.

maxpower03

[35]Jul 26, 2006

- Shannen and Alyssa had problems with each other.
    - Shannen did not have a problem with Aaron.
    - Shannen had problems with somebody important on set and did not get along with him, as he treated the female cast like garbage, and saw them as only there to show their boobs and read their lines.

These are the three things we know are true. It was most likely Brad Kern she was referring to, seeing as he remains to this day bitter about Shannen and failed to even try and contact her during the final season. Secondly, seeing how the drama went down and skin went up following season four, it's also more evidence that it could be him that treats women badly.

Again, this is just speculation though.

NJZ

[36]Jul 26, 2006
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

Are you even listening to yourself. Very soon you'd be telling me that the world isnt round and you dont need proof for it. Come on!

She had a problem with Alyssa and everyone knew that. In every article, in every interview, she makes mention of her problems with Alyssa. But she never ever mentions Brad. I get how she might not wanna mention Aaron because she'd be thinking, 'ooh he might get me another job in the future' ...but what does she owe Brad. She'd diss him anyday anywhere if he gave her a hard time.

And the fact that he Might ...MIGHT have been the one that called her to tell her she was fired dont mean nothing. For all we know, he cld have been very sympathetic on the phone...even if he was just faking it.

Shannen would never diss Brad in public. That would just be insane. She knows that would just make her come across as even more b*tchy than people already think she is. It would make even more showrunners think twice when thinking of hiring her. Shannen is not that stupid.

She doesn't always mention Alyssa in interviews, its sometimes just implied that she's talking about Alyssa as we all know she never had a problem with Holly Marie. Alyssa was not the only reason Shannen was fired; like Maxpower said, she supposedly had problems with "somebody important on the set" which implies it was Brad. Thats what I meant by not needing proof even though most of it is speculation. Do you have solid proof that Constance left because she felt like none of her ideas were taken seriously? probably not but we all still believe that there is some truth to it.

Not all people are stupid, they are able to use what they know or have heard and put two and two together and sometimes the conclusion isn't insane or wacky but is actually quite plausible. All the great philosophers etc... have done it. Newton and Einstein even. They take a theory and test it to see if its true. My theory is that Shannen did have a problem with Brad but unfortunately i have no means to test it.

Oh, and comparing Shannen/Brad to the world not being round; I'll just ignore that comment rather than get into a pointless arguement with you.

TC_88

[37]Jul 26, 2006
    My own speculation: working with fact here
    - Shannen might not have had problems with Aaron, she did say she had problems with the industry or company or whatever. U yourself found the article.

- Brad is not in any shape or form part of that industry. we already cleared the air on that a long time ago.

- Skin has always been in the show. And it had always been since the unneccesary SHANNEN shower scenes in Fear to Eternity and the Dream Soccerer. And also the towel droping scene in the second episode. Also her slutty way of dressing.

- You and i know drama was best in S4. So i think the pt u made there counters the objective purpose.

- There is no evidence that he treats women badly. Otherwise, HOLLY wld have objected. We all know that! If you mean by exposing them in outfits...then you're only talking about ur hatred of Alyssa...because she's the only that stoops that low. Rose doesnt do it, Neither does Holly.

- All these just make it seem that it was Shannen that had a problem. She cldnt just come to work and not let her personal feelings affect the job that she's doing. the job that millions of fans adore her for. The job that makes even the ppl that hate her personality say, "give my girl her props, she good!' She left 90201, she got herself fired from Charmed. It is very disgraceful and how u guys still stand up for her...i dunno!

Then again, this is MY speculation ...based on fact.

maxpower03

[38]Jul 26, 2006

TC_88 wrote:
    Skin has always been in the show. And it had always been since the unneccesary SHANNEN shower scenes in Fear to Eternity and the Dream Soccerer. And also the towel droping scene in the second episode. Also her slutty way of dressing.

The shower scene and the bath scene in From Fear to Eternity and Dream Sorceror were both neccessary to the storyline. Compare that to Phoebe's mummy dance in Y tu Mummy Tambien or her lapdance in Importance of Being Phoebe. And Prue, Piper and Phoebe never dressed like sluts in the early seasons, the wacky, OTT outfits only began in season five.

TC_88 wrote:
    If you mean by exposing them in outfits...then you're only talking about ur hatred of Alyssa...because she's the only that stoops that low. Rose doesnt do it, Neither does Holly.

Firstly, I don't hate Alyssa, as I think she seems kinda intelligent and headstrong, I just don't like her career choices, her mission to shut down any non-official fansite, her over-reliance on her mother and the constant men in her life. And both Phoebe and Paige dressed like whores in the later seasons, I have never only said Phoebe does, unless I'm involved in a discussion about her character. Piper was always the less-skanky of the sisters and never dressed in the type of outfits her sisters did.

TC_88 wrote:
    All these just make it seem that it was Shannen that had a problem. She cldnt just come to work and not let her personal feelings affect the job that she's doing. the job that millions of fans adore her for. The job that makes even the ppl that hate her personality say, "give my girl her props, she good!' She left 90201, she got herself fired from Charmed. It is very disgraceful and how u guys still stand up for her...i dunno!

She was the oldest cast member and had already gone through all the diva s*** on the set of 90210. She has power in Hollywood and wasn't gonna let things like fights on set and as***le producers get her down. She was open with her feelings and wanted to leave the show anyway. She wasn't "disgraceful". "Disgraceful" would be a word to describe her if she stormed off the set and ran to the media, telling everybody what really happened in return for a ton of cash. She did none of that and she handled her (un-ethical) firing in a mature, sensible manor.

NJZ

[39]Jul 26, 2006
    TC_88 wrote:
    My own speculation: working with fact here
    - Shannen might not have had problems with Aaron, she did say she had problems with the industry or company or whatever. U yourself found the article.

- Brad is not in any shape or form part of that industry. we already cleared the air on that a long time ago.

- Skin has always been in the show. And it had always been since the unneccesary SHANNEN shower scenes in Fear to Eternity and the Dream Soccerer. And also the towel droping scene in the second episode. Also her slutty way of dressing.

- You and i know drama was best in S4. So i think the pt u made there counters the objective purpose.

- There is no evidence that he treats women badly. Otherwise, HOLLY wld have objected. We all know that! If you mean by exposing them in outfits...then you're only talking about ur hatred of Alyssa...because she's the only that stoops that low. Rose doesnt do it, Neither does Holly.

- All these just make it seem that it was Shannen that had a problem. She cldnt just come to work and not let her personal feelings affect the job that she's doing. the job that millions of fans adore her for. The job that makes even the ppl that hate her personality say, "give my girl her props, she good!' She left 90201, she got herself fired from Charmed. It is very disgraceful and how u guys still stand up for her...i dunno!

Then again, this is MY speculation ...based on fact.

I know you're replying to Max but there's just somethings I have to say.

-I don't think either that Shannen had a problem with Aaron.

-Yes, it was cleared,we all know that Brad isn't part of the Spelling Company.

-Skin was always in the show from the very start. But Shannen did not dress slutty nor do I think Alyssa did. Both the characters Prue and Phoebe dressed slightly slutty/trashy during the first season. But that wasn't really their faults, was it? They don't get to choose what clothes they can wear. When you're an unknown actress(not Shannnen but Alyssa M and HMC) and you've got the main role in a new tv show and you're told you have to wear revealing outfits sometimes, you're not going to complain are you? If you did, it could be the end for you and you would just be recasted. I doubt any of them wanted that, not even Shannen.

- I don't know what to say for this point

- Holly probably would've objected,who knows she probably even did. I don't think Max means that because of his hatred of Alyssa. I don't think that she is the only one that "stoops that low". During Charmed, Alyssa, Shannen and Rose have all worn very revealing outfits, Alyssa doing it the most. I have never seen Holly in anything really revealing other than the 'Coyote Piper' outfit. So they've all actually done it at one point or another, possibly under Brad's orders. However, you're right, there is no evidence that he treats women badly but IMO I think he just uses them as sex toys to make most of the male population either drool or feel gross rather than think about the plots and storylines.

-These don't make it seem that Shannen was the only one with a problem. She couldn't not let her personal feelings get in they way, thats true. But she wanted out anyway after S2 and they didn't let her. She probably spent most of her days on S3 thinking 'I'm just gonna do my job and then I can get out of here, don't let them bother you'. She may have harboured resentment towards some of the others which led to her explosive exit but she's not the only one at fault.

TC_88

[40]Jul 26, 2006
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    TC_88 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    me_charmed_1 wrote:
    maxpower03 wrote:

Shannen would never diss Brad in public. That would just be insane. She knows that would just make her come across as even more b*tchy than people already think she is. It would make even more showrunners think twice when thinking of hiring her. Shannen is not that stupid.

She doesn't always mention Alyssa in interviews, its sometimes just implied that she's talking about Alyssa as we all know she never had a problem with Holly Marie. Alyssa was not the only reason Shannen was fired; like Maxpower said, she supposedly had problems with "somebody important on the set" which implies it was Brad. Thats what I meant by not needing proof even though most of it is speculation. Do you have solid proof that Constance left because she felt like none of her ideas were taken seriously? probably not but we all still believe that there is some truth to it.

Not all people are stupid, they are able to use what they know or have heard and put two and two together and sometimes the conclusion isn't insane or wacky but is actually quite plausible. All the great philosophers etc... have done it. Newton and Einstein even. They take a theory and test it to see if its true. My theory is that Shannen did have a problem with Brad but unfortunately i have no means to test it.

Oh, and comparing Shannen/Brad to the world not being round; I'll just ignore that comment rather than get into a pointless arguement with you.

- Shannen wld never diss Brad...because of other showrunners blahdiblah. Then how come it was so easy for Holly and Rose to diss WB or CW ...because ooh some far away time in the future the network might decide to pick up their show. i mean seriously what wld future showrunners have against her if they know she can act incredibly. Every showrunner is interested in getting his show on air and for it to be successful and if it means bring an impossible person on set, then hell yeh! They always always believe they can work things out with those binding contracts and lawyers.

- Constance just like Lori had personal reasons for leaving. They was no trouble in S2. Why did she deciding to only become merely story consultant. The problems was mainly in S3 and ended there. Why did she carry on unto S4? And looking back on her work, i'm glad if they didnt take any of her ideas for S4.

- i'm glad u said yu had no means to test it. you cant compare this to what those philosophers established. they were working at it with known fact and thier conclusion is very plausible and reasonable. If yu can still get ppl contradicting what u're sayin then its not even close to credible.

- Like i've said millions of times, there's no evidence that she had problem with Brad like there are so many evidence that she had problems with Alyssa.

- not trying to be rude or anything but what is pointless wld be us continuing this argument 'cause for starters it the wrong thread and i totally hate arguing with ppl who wld prefer tabloid gossips to enhance their alreay wild imagination.