Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

the worst charmed season?

Buffycharmgeek

[1]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    i just wondered what you people out there think was the worst season of charmed IMO it has to be a tie with season 8 and 6 they were both badly written
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hex_fan

[2]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 15

It's difficult to say.
    Seasons 1-4 were fantastic but it started going downhill with 5.
    The initial premise (sisters who happened to be witches) changed more and more toward the end, and the Charmed Ones seemed to become witches first and people second, with more and more outlandish things happening and supernatural creatures showing up all willy nilly.
    But I agree that seasons 6 and 8 were the worst of the lot. Maybe 8 more than 6. The whole looking like other people thing was just annoying, and they seemed to be trying to cram way too much stuff in there - especially where the sisters' romantic relationships were concerned.

JIH1984x

[3]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 9
    I agree. Prue was all about taking care of the older 2 because of her role as the oldest. She also was the most powerful, but her normal life mattered. She put innocents first, but still had a life. Piper's character came out more in the later seasons, but that's the only good part about them. Otherwise, she put her normal life above all, but not always. Every episode in seasons 5-8 seemed to flip back and forth between what was most important for her. Phoebe was better in the earlier seasons. Her love stories were just too much later on. Paige was great in season 4, but her alone thing was overdone. She was a mix of all 3 of the other sisters in her normal life and love needs. She never had her own character traits.

In seasons 1-3, maybe because blowing things up made Piper's vanquishes too easy, the focus was on the Po3. In the later seasons, they used more potions and Piper. Piper is my favorite, so I don't mean to bash her, but the coming together with the Po3 took a downward slide after season 4.

Season 5 began the magical creatures craziness, though fairies were in season 3. The darkness of the show seemed to fade too. The first 3 seasons were darker, even the cinematography was darker. They were also more Wiccan, witch rituals and such. Season 6 was poorly written. Chris's plot had many holes, and his development took too long. Season 7 came back because innocents became important again like they were in 1,2,3,4,and a little in 5. Then, 8 was a waste. I know most fans wanted the show not to end in 7, but the Billie/Christy thing was horrible and Paige had much more chemistry with Kyle than with Henry. Henry was way too rushed. Coop was good, but too rushed.

I agree. 6 and 8 were the worst. However, there were a few good episodes. Seasons 1-4 were the best. I hated Dan so 2 is not on my top list. I would say that 1,3,4 are my favorite.

Hex_fan

[4]Nov 16, 2008
    JIH1984x wrote:
    I hated Dan so 2 is not on my top list. I would say that 1,3,4 are my favorite.

Haha! Snap!
    Snap to everything you've said, in fact!
    I hated Dan but I liked the Leo/Piper/Dan triangle. It sort of reflected the Piper/Leo/Phoebe triangle, but I think what people hate most about Dan is that they just want Piper and Leo to be together lol

Listing the seasons in order of my personal preferences:
    3, 4, 1, 2, 5, 7, 6, 8.

3 did explore the supernatural a little more - as you mentioned, with the fairies - but it was so well handled. Like witches and demons, the fairies existed in a very human world. When leprechauns and unicorns started popping up everywhere, it became more of a magical world that mortals played a very small part in.

And their powers were handled better in the earlier seasons - including Piper's exploding. Piper or Paige should have lost their way-too-powerful abilities, not Phoebe.

I loved how Piper and Phoebe grew throughout season 4, and I still believe that Paige is a poor reflection of Prue.

The more magical the show became, the more it seemed to lose its... magic lol

And Coop was great in season 8, but he should have had at least an entire season to grow. Henry... at least 2.

krestin

[5]Nov 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    For me it's end of season four til the end of season six. Those seasons focused wayyy to much on Phoebe's adventure. The show totally just changed to her and her story lines. Which wasn't fun because I can't stand her character. Other than the too much Phoebe, the storylines in season five were so childish. Ugh, too much for me to handle. And I was so focused on looking at Alyssa's tattoos in season four that I kinda hated that season at the end. And no, they were hot at all... more like trashy.

Buffycharmgeek

[6]Nov 17, 2008

i jst thouht i would put down my reasons for why i dislkied season 8 and 6 as everyone else has so here it goes to begin season 6 i hated because the story becmae stretched thin phoebe had had a good run with her story with cole and the writer forced new story onto her with the empathy power which was crap and glad they got rid off and then sent her on that quest to find the faryther of her child which i hated anyway i also disliked chris's plotline itr was so obvoius that the writers had'nt planned chris to be pipers son at the end of season 5 he was there with different hair and different agenda aka stoping titains but thew writers made no attempt to show countinuity with the chris thing when they should how he came into the charmed world form the future which was a little ott IMO it wouldve been more passible if they hadnt made the furture all sci fi when in no way will it be like that in 20 years stupidity really anway this brings me to season 8 apart from really dislking billies and her acting skills the whole chagning bodie appearence was ridiclues and wouldve been better to have concluded atr season 7 season 8 was silly and the sex and the city reference was not exactlly clver either the ending wouldve been nore exceptable if piper had made an attempt to save prue with coops ring or at LEAST SEE HER ONE LAST TIME OFF SCRREN if thw writers couldnt show prue they couldve at least referenced her more honestly abash on them

krestin wrote:
    For me it's end of season four til the end of season six. Those seasons focused wayyy to much on Phoebe's adventure. The show totally just changed to her and her story lines. Which wasn't fun because I can't stand her character. Other than the too much Phoebe, the storylines in season five were so childish. Ugh, too much for me to handle. And I was so focused on looking at Alyssa's tattoos in season four that I kinda hated that season at the end. And no, they were hot at all... more like trashy.

whilst agree withe the season 6 part of phoebve i felt season 4 was the best story phoebe had but wouldve been better to finsih there then countinue into season 5 with coles ressurection i feel alyssa was a good actor the writers just ruined her chareacter

Hex_fan

[7]Nov 17, 2008
    Buffycharmgeek wrote:
    season 8 was silly and the sex and the city reference was not exactlly clver either the ending wouldve been nore exceptable if piper had made an attempt to save prue with coops ring or at LEAST SEE HER ONE LAST TIME OFF SCRREN if thw writers couldnt show prue they couldve at least referenced her more honestly abash on them

The lack of Prue annoyed me. Even if Shannen Doherty wasn't going to appear, they could and would have talked about her more. She was such a powerful presence on the show and also on her sisters' lives. Even if they did the "let's summon Prue's ghost -- oh look, Grams has come instead" thing just once more. It would have been cheesy but at least it would have showed that her sisters still thought about her.

And the parodying in season 8 was a little too much. It wasn't just "Sex and the City", but the whole "Pirate of the Caribbean" thing, too. And I think there were others. I honestly can't say that a lot of season 8 episodes have stuck with me. I'd forgotten them 30 minutes after watching them.

As for Alyssa Milano's tattoos - I'm glad they decided to let Phoebe have tattoos. It fit her character and when they tried covering them with make-up in the beginning it just did not work. The worst cover-up I can remember off the top of my head is in "Is There A Woogie In The House?" where Phoebe's shoulder just looks a mess!

funnyman1278

[8]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    The main reason I hate season 8 is because the book was never used again AND Phoebe has hardly ANY Premonitions!!!

PiperPrueLover4

[9]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    When I think about the worst season of a show, I think about the number of episodes in the season that I have a serious problem with.

In season 5, I have a problem with A Witch's Tail (1 and 2), Happily Ever After, Lucky Charmed and Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun. That makes 5.

In season 6, I have a problem with Sword and the City and Witchstock (only because of its continuity errors). That makes 2.

In season 7, I have a problem with Charmed Noir and Carpe Demon. That makes 2.

In season 8, I have a problem with Battle of the Hexes, so only 1.

I have a problem with nothing from Seasons 1-4, so that means that Season 5 is my least favourite Season.

CharmedOneP391

[10]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 19

funnyman1278 wrote:
    The main reason I hate season 8 is because the book was never used again AND Phoebe has hardly ANY Premonitions!!!

I KNOW! She only had 3 premonitions the entire 8th season, which was dumb because they just dropped the whole giving Phoebe her powers back. The first two of her premonitions didn't even have to do with magic or anything it was just about Dex and his crap. The last one she had was when she like astral projected into the future to speak to herself about having a baby, which i didn't mind whatever, but then she doesn't have anymore? (on screen). I mean, they could've made her useful.

MrsMcDreamy87

[11]Nov 24, 2008
    • level: 11

To be honest i go through phases, i used to hate season 6 but the more i watch of it the more i get used to it, i mean it's still not my favourite but i don't mind it. But i really don't like season 8, i think it's because it had changed so much, and they bought Billie into it and i wasn't keen on her at all.

Brittbetch

[12]Nov 25, 2008
    Season 5 to me is the worst. I mean freakin' fairy tale episodes and nymphs? not to mention leprechauns? and mermaids??? BLEH! and Cole was way over used in it too. Loved him but he should have stayed gone at the end of season 4 period.

jack756

[13]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    season 8 was so bad here are the reasons why

paige became boring realtionships were rushed
    billie had almost the same powers as prue so lame
    phoebe was useless 3 vissions so sad
    they could have gave her empath ability back
    there was little action i always fall asleep on this season

season 6 wasnt good or bad but i did enjoy phoebe new power and im a prue fan lol

tvfan332

[14]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 37
    Everytime I think about the worst season of Charmed, I always say season six. A lot of the episodes are just pure trash, "Prince Charmed" should not have made it to the writer's table, nevermind becoming an actual episode! I still haven't finished watching "My Three Witches" and the entire season as a whole just is not strong. Every character bar Piper is irritating this season.

zhangliao1

[15]Dec 7, 2008
    season in order of preference
    3,2,1, 4, 5,6,7, 8

season 5 is where it is only because of cole nothing more
    season 6 had a terrible story and the whole opposite thing made no sense at all but it is there because of evil wyatt battling chris and then there is the crazy elder

now when i like i show i usually want it to continue and will still think its good no matter how bad they make it

season 8 of charmed is the exception
    it is pathetic in every way shape and form and there is no way i could possibly say everything that was wrong with that season but i will try

the new order

its our time

demon with a mask

magic school taken over by demons

the source turning up and doing nothing but move his fingers and say a couple of words before dying because some nobody demon was killed

two random witches suddenly turning up having powers that dwarf the ones that the charmed ones have the supposed most powerful witches of all time

some cop proposing to paige after a couple of months and paige accepting

paige and some cop turning their engagement party into a wedding

some half witch half whitelighter turning up who seems to have known his family despite the fact that it was a miracle that paige ever found her family due to the rules

coop

coop not caring about innocents or the world and instead thinking that love is more important(lol)

an angel of destiny somehow having power over the avatars despite the fact that continuity says that angels of destiny cannot control thins outside of time and space and avatars existing outside of time and space

leo been frozen and everyone going on about it as if hes dead

the triad freezing for such a long amount of time when even cole only froze for a couple of seconds(and the triad are supposed to be stronger then cole)

a triad member been killed by a simple energy ball even though cole can survive one and the triad are supposed to be stronger

a human demon whatever that is. the paper confirmed he was a demon so where did they get the human demon he cant be killed part from?

lets take inspiration from barbas

thats all i can think of at the moment

mcpheever22

[16]Dec 7, 2008
    wow ok im the only person in the world who loved 8 and 6....i thought 5 was the worst by far. I thought the stand alone episodes were awful and Piper pregnant was kinda anoying. Even the premiere sucked and it had jamie pressly and shes amazing....I thought Chris being piper and leos baby was a cool twist and i liked that they encorporated future wyatt. 8 i liked Billie and i thought the stand alones werent half bad....

i have a strong feeling im about to get seriously bashed for saying all that lol

zhangliao1

[17]Dec 8, 2008
    billy was just a normal witch nothing special about her but somehow she got a power which was basically a whatever you want power it could do anything

i dont care what kind of show it is that kind of thing is ridiculous and the person responsible for it should be banned from ever working on anything ever again

season 6 was just another season with even more pathetic fairytale creatures

do you realize by the end of season 7 we have established that the reason those demons always seem to miss the charmed ones when throwing fireballs is because leprechauns luck is making them miss and every time the charmed ones successfully dodge a fireball is because their guardians froze time and told them

when they come up with spells and ideas it is because of muses

and forget sunlight and water because its actually nymphs and that weird guy from season 8 that make the plants and trees grow

so basically it doesn't matter what the charmed ones do because they aren't actually doing anything its all the magical creatures doing
    Edited on 12/08/2008 12:52am

AdelleFan

[18]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 2

Season 8 was by far the worst. There were some really bad episodes in other seasons but in S8 every episode became like a chore to watch. Bringing in Billie and Christy was a big mistake. I feel the show became more about them then the Charmed ones. And neither Billie nor Christy was played by a good actor. Billie ruined every scene she was in with her whining. I hated the way she expected the sisters to care more about helping her then bringing back Leo. Charmed is one of my all time fave shows but in that last season I could barely watch a whole episode without my mind drifting off somewhere else.

I think everyone who loves this show will agree that the first 3 seasons were great and the show just wasn't as good from there on but while may not have been that good I still enjoyed it up until S8. I may be in the minority but I quite liked S6.

CSIMiamiFreak89

[19]Dec 10, 2008
    The First Six seasons were amazing but seasons 7and 8 sucked so bad. But season 8 was still better than season 7 in my book.

rebachick94

[20]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    Hands down, Season eight. No questions asked. No Leo, no thanks. He was the mone who believed in the girls when they didn't believe in themselves and we didn't get that in this season at all. And Bille? I don't even need to explain that.
    Edited on 01/15/2009 2:48pm