Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

What do u think wouldve happened if Prue, Piper and Phoebe all lived (no paige)

  • Avatar of TeemerDJ

    TeemerDJ

    [1]Nov 23, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,429
    How do u think the show would've been if Prue, Piper and Phoebe were all still alive (an Paige wasn't introduced). How do u think the rest of the series would've been and what storylines do u think they'd keep and/or get rid of.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of th77

    th77

    [2]Nov 23, 2007
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,621
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    How do u think the show would've been if Prue, Piper and Phoebe were all still alive (an Paige wasn't introduced). How do u think the rest of the series would've been and what storylines do u think they'd keep and/or get rid of.
    I think they probably would have kept up with the same story lines, maybe not as many magical creatures and of course some stories that revolved around Paige's past liveswould not have been includepossibly keeping with the darker feeling(with less fairy storylines there could have had more warlock/demon/darklighter stories)Also the Charmed centenial story could have been Cole thinking that piper's death that day in allhell breaks looseshould have happened because she is the one who started to realize his turning evil again but she escapes cause her and leo were orbing at momentwith them winding up there which works because Leo clipped his wings in that reality and became like Sam so noone had seen him in awhile anyway..chris would have come back under same circumstance in season 5..as for storyline shifts w/o Paige there,Phoebe probably picking up alot of Paige's stories(running off with the Nymphs,training Billie)but since most of her love interests were specifically written for her Pru probably would have had the Paige love interests(can you imagine Pru finding out Nate was married)Pru could have been the one to hook up with Brody and lose him to avatars,which those two things combined withprevious lost loves such as Andy could have set up coop being introduced to her because she was the one who was overly jaded to love and having them fall in love,Phoebe would have wound up with Dex(who had accepted who she was)I could also see the zankou storyline including him trying to turn Pru evil to have her run underworld with him,having become attracted to her when they were workin together against the avatars which would've happened after Brody died(those two would have had a great chemistry),also I don't think that Pru would have had kids so that would not have changed the destiny of piper,Leo and there kids and Pru probably wouldn't have given up being a witch completely she would have traveled the world as a photographer but when home would help Billie battle demons..I also think the ultimate battle would have worked out the same way since it was piper and leo relationship that drove the story..Maybe though Leo could have been returned to Piper having been killed and him and pru traveled with coops ring to restore the past in which coop was also killed by-trying to save her sisters,that is where Pru also realizes that not only does she need to save her sisters but coop as well because she loves him...although I kinda would have liked to see paige be discovered in season 8(after the Halliwells fake death,the elders tracked her down)instead of Billie but still as there sister with an entirely different ultimate battle and the power of 3 becoming the ultimate power and some entirely different final fight,but you had said no Paige at all then the original wy is how it would have worked out,either way it would have been a much better way for the series to have turned out because Pru was such a strong part of the show and it was never the same w/o her
    Edited on 11/23/2007 5:53pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Liquid_Lust

    Liquid_Lust

    [3]Nov 24, 2007
    • member since: 11/25/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    I think that everything that had to do with Paige would have been changed to fit in with Prue. I agree somewhat with th77 the season would have be totally different. The only part I don't agree with is that Phoebe would have got with Coop and Prue would have took Paige's place and having got together with Henry. I also think that when Phoebe turned evil that it would have been Prue that wanted to kill Phoebe instead of Piper. The episodes they would have gotten rid of is Charmed again one and two, maybe a knight to remember (since it was about Pagie's past life), A Paige from the Past, Hell Hath No Fury, Enter the Demon-would have been different, and plenty more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of charmedluver316

    charmedluver316

    [4]Nov 24, 2007
    • member since: 04/21/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 351
    i think that it would have stuck around the storylines that paige had but worked around to work with prue. the relationship between the sisters would have made the shown better becuase they had such a good bond together, and when paige came it wasnt the same, so i think it would have been really good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BleedingBalls

    BleedingBalls

    [5]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 01/25/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 64

    Prue would have gotten SO powerful.

    I hated most of Paige's storylines. So they would have had much better ideas for Prue.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JIH1984x

    JIH1984x

    [6]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 168
    stories specific to paige and her life would not be there, and prue's love life would have been better developed. piper would have less issues because she wouldn't be in charge, and phoebe might not have grown up as much because she would have stayed the youngest. i don't know if phoebe would have ever become evil, because prue would have put her foot down better than piper or paige could. let's face it, prue was in charge so much that a lot of things might not have occurred because she would have seen them coming (like when she was the first to suspect cole of being a demon). agent brody may not have been a factor, at least as he was written with paige, because i don't know if prue could have emotionally handled an affair with another cop. piper would still be the first to have children, but prue would eventually have, because that was a large piece of her future in season 2 that she wanted to change. phoebe would have followed similar love issues. chris would have been revealed as a family member sooner, and piper would have had prue's support to better deal with leo's issues. phoebe would have dealt with billie, but that whole season would have been shorter because prue would have had no problem vanquishing her and christy.

    as far as creatures, there would be a lot less fairies and silly stuff, but much darker demons and scarier situations. as far as powers, prue would have developed like she did in her future, becoming extremely powerful. she would also be able to function in both places when astral projecting. she might have also developed general projection. piper would be as she was. phoebe might not have lost her powers (ignoring budget cuts) because prue would have found out about the personal gain and stepped in.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BleedingBalls

    BleedingBalls

    [7]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 01/25/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 64

    JIH1984x wrote:
    stories specific to paige and her life would not be there, and prue's love life would have been better developed. piper would have less issues because she wouldn't be in charge, and phoebe might not have grown up as much because she would have stayed the youngest. i don't know if phoebe would have ever become evil, because prue would have put her foot down better than piper or paige could. let's face it, prue was in charge so much that a lot of things might not have occurred because she would have seen them coming (like when she was the first to suspect cole of being a demon). agent brody may not have been a factor, at least as he was written with paige, because i don't know if prue could have emotionally handled an affair with another cop. piper would still be the first to have children, but prue would eventually have, because that was a large piece of her future in season 2 that she wanted to change. phoebe would have followed similar love issues. chris would have been revealed as a family member sooner, and piper would have had prue's support to better deal with leo's issues. phoebe would have dealt with billie, but that whole season would have been shorter because prue would have had no problem vanquishing her and christy. as far as creatures, there would be a lot less fairies and silly stuff, but much darker demons and scarier situations. as far as powers, prue would have developed like she did in her future, becoming extremely powerful. she would also be able to function in both places when astral projecting. she might have also developed general projection. piper would be as she was. phoebe might not have lost her powers (ignoring budget cuts) because prue would have found out about the personal gain and stepped in.

    I agree with every word.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zhangliao1

    zhangliao1

    [8]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 566
    well everything would have been different

    prue would have taken center stage and all the episodes would be different
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharmedOneP391

    CharmedOneP391

    [9]Jan 31, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,105
    I think that Phoebe still would've turned evil because i do agree that Prue was in charge a lot, but still when she found out he was a demon she eventually accepted, for Phoebe's sake, basically giving her the support without TRUELY meaning it. I just think that she would've been the sister trying her hardest to get her back like going from demon to demon to demon, all day every day to get info or something and bring her back, she probably would've gone after Cole herself to get her to return, and Piper probably would've still gotten drunk and felt like a failure because she's still her little sister, because they probably were even closer. And if Prue were to still be killed off, that would've been a way to kill her having Cole killing one of Phoebe's sister like he was about to in "Long Live the Queen" but Phoebe not being able to stop him or something, I think that would've been a great kill off if neccessary, and bringing in Paige and Piper losing control and Pheobe trying to save her and bringing the power of three and the family back together.

    (although i also think Eliza Dushku should've played Paige)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JIH1984x

    JIH1984x

    [10]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 168
    thanks. i also wanted to add that the feel would be different because of orbing. the one really good thing paige brought to the show was orbing because it allowed the girls to go to the underworld, and to get to places faster. i wonder what demon fighting would have been like in later seasons without the ability to orb
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of th77

    th77

    [13]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,621
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I think that Phoebe still would've turned evil because i do agree that Prue was in charge a lot, but still when she found out he was a demon she eventually accepted, for Phoebe's sake, basically giving her the support without TRUELY meaning it. I just think that she would've been the sister trying her hardest to get her back like going from demon to demon to demon, all day every day to get info or something and bring her back, she probably would've gone after Cole herself to get her to return, and Piper probably would've still gotten drunk and felt like a failure because she's still her little sister, because they probably were even closer. And if Prue were to still be killed off, that would've been a way to kill her having Cole killing one of Phoebe's sister like he was about to in "Long Live the Queen" but Phoebe not being able to stop him or something, I think that would've been a great kill off if neccessary, and bringing in Paige and Piper losing control and Pheobe trying to save her and bringing the power of three and the family back together.

    (although i also think Eliza Dushku should've played Paige)
    Who's she?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [14]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155

    th77 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I think that Phoebe still would've turned evil because i do agree that Prue was in charge a lot, but still when she found out he was a demon she eventually accepted, for Phoebe's sake, basically giving her the support without TRUELY meaning it. I just think that she would've been the sister trying her hardest to get her back like going from demon to demon to demon, all day every day to get info or something and bring her back, she probably would've gone after Cole herself to get her to return, and Piper probably would've still gotten drunk and felt like a failure because she's still her little sister, because they probably were even closer. And if Prue were to still be killed off, that would've been a way to kill her having Cole killing one of Phoebe's sister like he was about to in "Long Live the Queen" but Phoebe not being able to stop him or something, I think that would've been a great kill off if neccessary, and bringing in Paige and Piper losing control and Pheobe trying to save her and bringing the power of three and the family back together.

    (although i also think Eliza Dushku should've played Paige)
    Who's she?

    I cant believe that question was just asked.

    Eliza Dushku played Faith in Buffy...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of littlehutch2008

    littlehutch2008

    [15]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 577
    I think that had Prue never died and Paige never been introduced, Charmed wouldn't have lasted 8 seasons, BUT the show would have ended on a high note. I think with Prue there would have still been more of that strong sisterly bond that was depicted at the end of each of HER episodes as opposed to the "each sister doing her own thing" endings wtih Paige. Also I doubt there would have been as many recycled storylines because we would have just been like "all the sisters have been through this already" but at least with Paige could justify by saying "but Paige hasnt experienced this yet".... And I think they would have ended on a good note, when the show was still good... before the writers got really sloppy and lazy and condradicted past precedent... The show would NOT have sucked near the end and would have ended when it was supposed to
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of th77

    th77

    [16]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,621
    JoshSutton wrote:

    th77 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I think that Phoebe still would've turned evil because i do agree that Prue was in charge a lot, but still when she found out he was a demon she eventually accepted, for Phoebe's sake, basically giving her the support without TRUELY meaning it. I just think that she would've been the sister trying her hardest to get her back like going from demon to demon to demon, all day every day to get info or something and bring her back, she probably would've gone after Cole herself to get her to return, and Piper probably would've still gotten drunk and felt like a failure because she's still her little sister, because they probably were even closer. And if Prue were to still be killed off, that would've been a way to kill her having Cole killing one of Phoebe's sister like he was about to in "Long Live the Queen" but Phoebe not being able to stop him or something, I think that would've been a great kill off if neccessary, and bringing in Paige and Piper losing control and Pheobe trying to save her and bringing the power of three and the family back together.

    (although i also think Eliza Dushku should've played Paige)
    Who's she?

    I cant believe that question was just asked.

    Eliza Dushku played Faith in Buffy...

    Sorry,Lol.. I was not that big a Buffy follower.. I watched it the first season then after that only sporadically,but I do remember Faith..It is funny you say that though cause I always thought the actress that played Cordelia and then played the Seer Kira on Charmed would've made a good Phoebe or Paige as well
    Edited on 02/08/2008 6:40pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoshSutton

    JoshSutton

    [17]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/18/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,155
    th77 wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:

    th77 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I think that Phoebe still would've turned evil because i do agree that Prue was in charge a lot, but still when she found out he was a demon she eventually accepted, for Phoebe's sake, basically giving her the support without TRUELY meaning it. I just think that she would've been the sister trying her hardest to get her back like going from demon to demon to demon, all day every day to get info or something and bring her back, she probably would've gone after Cole herself to get her to return, and Piper probably would've still gotten drunk and felt like a failure because she's still her little sister, because they probably were even closer. And if Prue were to still be killed off, that would've been a way to kill her having Cole killing one of Phoebe's sister like he was about to in "Long Live the Queen" but Phoebe not being able to stop him or something, I think that would've been a great kill off if neccessary, and bringing in Paige and Piper losing control and Pheobe trying to save her and bringing the power of three and the family back together.

    (although i also think Eliza Dushku should've played Paige)
    Who's she?

    I cant believe that question was just asked.

    Eliza Dushku played Faith in Buffy...

    Sorry,Lol.. I was not that big a Buffy follower.. I watched it the first season then after that only sporadically,but I do remember Faith..It is funny you say that though cause I always thought the actress that playes Cordelia and then played the Seer Kira on Charmed would've made a good Phoebe or Paige as well

    Dont apologise! And you say you didnt watch Buffy all that much after season 1.. i recommend that you do, cos it gets so much better (Y)

    And yeh i think Charisma would've, she plays the funny well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SistersP3

    SistersP3

    [18]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 325
    I think the show would've been so much better. Always loved Prue and Piper best! But the three worked really well together - great sisterly bond! I don't think the powers would've advanced on the show as quickly and made it more interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Princess_Pinky

    Princess_Pinky

    [19]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,073

    TeemerDJ wrote:
    How do u think the show would've been if Prue, Piper and Phoebe were all still alive (an Paige wasn't introduced). How do u think the rest of the series would've been and what storylines do u think they'd keep and/or get rid of.

    - Piper and Leo would've had Melinda Halliwell and there never would've been a boy.

    - Melinda's powers would've been the powers Paige got: orbing, telekinetic orbing, sensing, etc...

    - Phoebe and Cole would've lasted, because that's where the "C" apple peel in "All Halliwell's Eve" was heading.

    - Prue would've eventually been able to use her telekinesis in her astral form.

    - Emmalee Thompson ("Little Prue") would've guest starred again.

    - Cole would not have gone through the "I'm evil, I'm good, I'm evil, I'm good, I'm evil, I'm good, I'm evil..." storyline until the viewers couldn't stand it anymore.

    The show also would've retained its darkness, "sisters who happen to be witches" premise, and continued with the female empowerment.

    Edited on 04/30/2008 9:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DreamyDream

    DreamyDream

    [20]Apr 30, 2008
    • member since: 08/13/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 98
    I hated Prue's departure, but I love Paige's entrance, Paige being my favorite character, but it's kind of one of those situations behind the scenes that was out of my control so I just had to go with it. But if my Paigy Paige wasn't there and Prue was still there, I think that for one, we obviously wouldn't have had as many orbing advantages and the three girls would've had to just use Leo, so that right there deducts A LOT of what had happened with Paige there. I mean, half the shows wouldn't even be written the same without Paige's orbing power, but I think that Prue, Phoebe, and Piper's powers would've just kept growing and so would have their marriage lives. Prue might've gotten married and had children would've probably BROKE Phoebe's skull for wanting to move out. I mean, she didn't want Phoebe in in the first place, and she went through all that for the power of three, lol, and now Phoebe wants to move? PHOEBE, RUN.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.