Charmed Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

What If Prue lived and Phoebe died?

would the show have been better if Phoebe had died?

kakashirulz

[1]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 6

what id Prue lived and Phoebe had died. I think that . . .

1) The charmed team would have a more offencive team.

2) The team would have a harder time finding the demons.

3) We could have been spared all those epps of Phoebe trying to find her "true love"

do you think the show would have been better?

Edited on 12/15/2006 10:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

corrsfan

[2]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    kakashirulz wrote:

do you think the show would have been better?

That's an interesting scenario.  I think Phoebe helped with Paige's transition, so I'd think that element would be lost (Prue and Piper wouldn't have the patience to deal with Paige at first).  We would also lose the elements that made S4 so great.  So, I would vote no, it wouldn't have been better. 

mystical_piper

[3]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 4
    I agree with Corrsfan.
    I also think that there would be a lot more conflict between the sisters... I don't see Prue as someone with the patience for a new Charmed One. I also think it would have been harder for her to forgive herself for losing Phoebe and it would have screwed up a lot of those great storylines we had lol..

ashleyhalliwell

[4]Dec 14, 2006
    i would have rathered they all lived but i voted for yes it would be better than it ended up because the charmed ones would be slightly stronger although paige would of got preminitions she would still be able to orb and seasons 1-3 were of a much better quality than 5-8 (4 was good). Plus i like prue the most so my vote may be slightly swayed lol.

jemaa09

[5]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    Oh man, the show would have been SOOOO much better if Prue had stayed on and phoebe had died. For one thing, Phoebe was the weakest, not talking power-wise, ofthe three and she was just there for sexual purposes, which really took away from the show. Prue, however was just an awesome character who really deserved to be on for longer.

forever3charmed

[6]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 13
    I'm not sure but it would be definately different. And if Piper died then the show would be really bad in my oppinion. 
    Edited on 12/14/2006 11:48am

tvfan332

[7]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 37

forever3charmed wrote:
    I'm not sure but it would be definately different. And if Piper died then the show would be really bad in my oppinion. 

I agree if Piper died the show would be bad.

Anyways if Prue lived the show would be better because Alyssa didn't give good performances in the later years whilst Shannen would of given amazing performances ( watch All Hell Breaks Loose).

tvfan332

[8]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 37
    kakashirulz wrote:

what id Prue lived and Phoebe had died. I think that . . .

2) The team would have a harder time finding the demons.

They probaly would've found the demons quicked seeing as how Prue was the best and most powerful out of all three sisters, in some season 4 and 5 episodes Piper and Phoebe called Prue a 'Superwitch'.

tennis_wiz

[9]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    Well, I'd rather no one died,
    but that way Paige wouldn't be in.
    I wouldn't vote for Phoebe to die, since I like her,
    even though the writers really screwed up her character afterwards.
    She wasn't the same as she used to be in S1-3, or rather, before she met Cole, even
    though Cole epis were good
    Piper to die- HELL NO!!! No freakin' way!!! She rox!!!
    Soooo... I guess Im voting no-i wouldn't want to see phoebe dead...

Hilton_Richie

[10]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    I think it would have been nice if nobody died but it would not haved with the actresses.

charmedroxalot

[11]Dec 14, 2006
    I think it was quite a good idea that Prue died because it was kind of a good change to the show and if that didn't happen, I wouldn't have got bored of it still but i think it would have gotten really continuous.. But yeah.

colephoebe

[12]Dec 15, 2006
    jemaa09 wrote:
    Oh man, the show would have been SOOOO much better if Prue had stayed on and phoebe had died. For one thing, Phoebe was the weakest, not talking power-wise, ofthe three and she was just there for sexual purposes, which really took away from the show. Prue, however was just an awesome character who really deserved to be on for longer.
    Honestly i think the show would have been destroyed if phoebe died,they wouldnt have had the good seasons 3-5 with cole and pheobe.but phoebe wasnt the weakest without her premonition powers the would of been running around the entire city helplessly trying to find demons and paige would never have been able to reconstitute the power of 3.And as seen in "centennial charmed" they would have split up and it would have nothin to do with cole,it woulda happened cause there would be nobody to at least try to save paige, phoebe did that part.

benjym

[13]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    Honestly, if Phoebe had died the whole cool Cole storyline wouldn't have happened and that was really good. Also I think Prue dying wasn't good - im not implying that for a minute - just that she was so much more powerful that it was interesting seeing Piper having a go being powerful for a while when Paige came and seeing Paige get used to being a witch. Paige coming gave the series a new approach - its a different kind of show after Paige comes. So...i don't think Phoebe should have died. P.S. also her power of premonition often helped to kickstart storylines and help the sisters.

PureDiva01

[14]Dec 16, 2006
    I voted for NO. After watching more and more of Charmed, I really started to like Prue, but there's no way Phoebe should of died rather than Prue. First of all, are we forgetting Phoebe's the reason why Paige is alive? If Phoebe hadn't of got that premonition of Paige, Paige would of more than likely died; hypothetically speaking, and logically thinking. Sure, Prue was a "super witch" ( ), but power isn't everything. The "super witch" wouldn't of been able to save Paige in time. The only way, that I can think of, that Prue and Piper would of found out in time of Paige's existance is if Grams or Patty told them, and then after telling them they would go back in time to save her. The chemistry between the sisters( Prue, Piper and Paige) would more than likely be weak. Prue would of been shallow to Paige, and Piper would of acted the same way.
    Edited on 12/16/2006 1:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Black_Grace

[15]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 23
    no!!!! i am glad prue died. i did like but not as much as the others and plus piper is the best at being the oldest.

tvtome_xena321

[16]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 27
    If Phoebe died we would be spared the finding love story, and well Phoebe was the weakest power wise. However Paige would still orb, but she would her powers, but perhaps they may work differently. The show would be more dramatic and less focused on love and boyfriends. Cole would be gone, but I can see him sticking around, perhaps even turning evil sooner. Perhaps even turning Paige to the dark side, not that he falls for her which would be odd. The chemistry between the sisters would be different, but it would just be welcoming in a new sister who was younger. Perhaps Prue would be more accepting, since Phoebe/Prue's relationship was kinda not so big when the series began. Perhaps she would be accepting, but I dont know.

J_critic

[17]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    No I don't think Pheobe should have died...i like Pure and i think she should have lived!
    I liked the original Charmed Ones...not Paige(i still view her as an outsider!).
    Honestly...i hate Paige...i blame her for Pheobe and Cole not ending up together(no matter how irrational that may sound!).

Pure was understanding of Cole...she even viewed his as an innocent at one point in time....Paige on the other hand, from the moment she stepped into the show she started her "Hate Cole" parade!

...and i know Cole was evil, but how many times has he attempted to give it up for Pheobe and some idiotic person(Pheobe included) stoped him due to some miss guided belief! From the beginning, Paige has never approved of Cole(even though she had some screwed up choices herself) and has set out to prove to the world how messed up he is.
    Paige was constantly bad-mouth-in Cole to Pheobe...where as Pure would have tried to find away in which Cole could give up evil for good(pun intented) and be with Pheobe(so that true love can survive)!

in my book, Paige is a true WITCH! and the character should have never been written into the show in the first place!

therefore, i don't think Pheobe should have died for Pure to live; i think they all should have lived so that Paige should have never existed!

and as for the whole Pheobe's search for true love....that wouldn't have been a problem if Paige had minded her own stinking business and left Cole and Pheobe alone(cause they were and still are true loves; i don't care about cupid...he is not Pheobe's sole-mate)!!!

ashleyhalliwell

[19]Dec 18, 2006
    yeah it would of been best with piper, prue n pheobe the real power of three i like paige but much prefer prue and pheobe. so i say none of them should of died! prue rules!! lol

kakashirulz

[20]Dec 19, 2006
    J_critic wrote:
    The chemistry between the sisters( Prue, Piper and Paige) would more than likely be weak. Prue would of been shallow to Paige, and Piper would of acted the same way. they should have acted that way...i hate Paige...since she came on the show, her first impresion was of a sex crazy B**ch

me too! i think that once prue died the only sane one that wasn't looking to get "jiggy" with anything thats male and moves was piper! (hey they all said paige had good relationships with the leprocons! :0